get rid of the sniper screen...

RragnarR

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure the 4 people that make up the Sniper/Gunslinger Community would agree to this.

As one of those 4 people id like to tell the OP to go leap into a lake...

If your gunning for the Sniper/slinger all it gives us is another 3 seconds or so to pull of 2 attacks at most before your on us anyway in open ground, if where on a ramp or higher elevation then yeah we have the advantage, so we should, we spent a good 4+ seconds or so getting into the position and not dpsing. If a melee like a mara gets on me I pop my shield probe, and keep at it, once thats droped I pop dodge, then I might flash bang him and go back to my old targets... ultimately unless he gets bored and goes after some one else that melee WILL kill me, and im resigned to that fact.

If you could leap to me my positioning wouldnt mean diddly, and id be like the poor healer im shooting, dead in seconds and respawning most of the match.

If i dont dodge through master strike even in mostly WH gear im down to 1/3rd health... so yeah, Ill keep my un-mobile immunity to leaps, I need it, other wise it would be an even more melee dominated game than it already is.

whats next?, demand they turn us back to pre 1.2 and make it so any knockback would throw us out of cover forcing us to get back into cover again to use most of our abilitys... no thanks, bad enough things like force choke still effect us in cover.

Edited by BigfootNZ

No one else had a problem till today and all the sudden there are more nerf threads for the next target snipers and GSs. But it wont matter it will just cycle back around and around EVERYthing is OP cuz you cant play. Edited by Arzhanin
Rude comments

People are going to start calling for a nerf to gunslingers/snipers, it's inevitable because of the amount of burst damage they can put out. However, they feel like a pretty good glass cannon to me compared to a lot of other classes. They have some decent CC, but outside of that, they don't have escapes or healing or survivability and easily go down to focus fire.

ok so let me get this straight: Ops are OP because they can stunlock you to death(dps) or hot up everything and runaway making them unkillable (healers). Assassins are OP because of force shroud/stealth, tank spec too hard to kill too much damage blah blah blah. Powertechs are OP due to massive damage, sentinels are OP due to god cooldown/massive damage, now snipers are OP due to cover?

Um, all this leads me to believe that really no class is OP. We all have pretty good toolsets and just need to use them to our advantage.

They are supposed to counter your warrior. If you want a class that counters them fairly well, pick a stealth class.

bingo!

OP is yet another case of 'i can't beat one class, so that MUST mean they're OP and it's not fair cry/moan/whine'

People are going to start calling for a nerf to gunslingers/snipers, it's inevitable because of the amount of burst damage they can put out. However, they feel like a pretty good glass cannon to me compared to a lot of other classes. They have some decent CC, but outside of that, they don't have escapes or healing or survivability and easily go down to focus fire.

this has got nothing to do with your post, but i needed your attention.

The details on your signature, i need them. Been bending my brain in ways i never thought possible, trying to figure out what it means.

Edited by Skroting

warriors wont be able until they get a skill called 'die', where their target just implodes and showers them an extra 10 medals or so. Of course, it would probably only go to marauders and not juggs, gotta keep some folks qq'ing of course.

Snipers probably don't require any nerfs, but they could use some notoriety as groups seem to just leave them alone as they debuff/pewpew your healers to death.

Really what server? My server targets me all the damn time :) , which is just they way I like it!

Edited by Livelyhound

this has got nothing to do with your post, but i needed your attention.

The details on your signature, i need them. Been bending my brain in ways i never thought possible, trying to figure out what it means.

It was an epic thread from beta by the person I quoted it from. I don't think anyone quite figured out what he was asking.

get rid of permanent anti jump screen - snipers are so rediculously op already. Insane amounts of damage and lots of cc's - the fact that no night can leap them makes them rediculously op...

learn to play