Hidden Romance

mefit

Revan and Meetra lore just smalls up the Galaxy with their mystery Romance ............

Revan's whole going nutz trying to "FEEL" Meetra's presence through the force and looking for her (Stalkerish)

Meetra being loyal to someone who is at times against her personal belief . Often putting her in spots that she would otherwise be against.

Oh and after you rescue Revan and later see him back on the ship , you can really get the feeling Bastila was not the "REAL" Revan's love .

Malek questioned Revan on letter Meetra go back to the Jedi order , he wanted Revan to kill her .

In all of Darth Revan's short lived Sith Empire he did not ever let anyone else JUST WALK OUT THE DOOR and leave but MEETRA SURIK was allowed to . Not to mention Malek wanted to kill her but Darth Revan was all like "Better keep you hands to yourself".

Maybe I am looking too far into it ! But in Real life , if this was happening at work , the whole Company would be gosiping on the possibility !

I like them both Equal but not only that , I like a good hidden Romance !

Edited by mefit

Revan loves Bastila, Surik and Revan's love is more like siblings in arms, this is very clearly defined AND it would go totally against everything the Exile has believed in.

Not to argue but I only see it suggested and not Defined , if you can link a page/spot in a book, comic, video where Revan or Meetra say , I only think of that person as a Brother/Sister or along those lines , I would be ready to yield on this subject .

Meetra out of character if we go by her total lore would be unthought of using that weapon .

Revan is a Blank Page really most of his Prime and even he himself had no clue to why he feels the way he does about Meetra (Defined by the Revan Novel and later used in the FP where you released him)

Let me go fourth and quickly state that nowhere in Canon it is stated of a Romance either , but Revan did alot of questionable things and letting Meetra go is one of the weaknesses that lead to Malek's challenge to Revan's power .

Seems on bothsides , there is a GIANT Question when it comes to how they both seem to break what would be seens as a Personal Belief system for one another where is there would seemingly not do it for anyone else.

I can come to only two things

1* Revan and Meetra could be hiddenly related , nothing points to it

2* Revan and Meetra knew eachother before the war and had a longtime special friendship (Kinda makes sense as he kept her or we can assume he kept her on a ship out of Harms way even though she is well and able to be on the battle field) but I doubt it being Malek enlisted Meetra in KotoRII Cut .

3* They loved Eachother , kept it a Secret . To Protect her from

(A) Losing her standing with the Jedi Coucil

(B) Keep from Revan's enemies from taking advantage of a Open Weakness

We are talikng about the same Revan that if you did not convert to his ways and to the darkside , he killed you . Its talked about in both KotoR and KotoRII . He cut off his Best Friends Jaw who was there from the Begining , I just do not really see this sibling idea .

Revan as a Sithlord would have to show power and if and when he would eventually came across Meetra , I just do not see him killing her and it would be again the let go deal until she who would be the one to eventually come to the stance that she would have to kill him. If he did not find Redemption , it would have likely came to that and out of everyone , from what I read...............she would be the only one he would not have killed.

Sithlords do not have moments of kindness unless their motive is larger or in love (Malgus and his wife , but he did eventually kill her) .

Could be ultimatly wrong and this is MY OPINION based off of blackholes of background on these two that in the end do not make sense . Call it bad writing on everyone involved in these two stories , but as far as I can see and I am looking back ........I cannot find 1 thing that shows why a Sithlord would allow someone to walk out , when he killed everyone else who would have tried.

This is bottom part is not a Reply to Rayle...

Better to follow than to lead?

Edited by mefit

I think you're a little hazy on the timeline, first of all. Revan never "let Meetra go." Revan and Malak were not Sith lords at the end of the Mandalorian War. Revan and Malak went off to find the Sith, while Meetra went back to the Council to accept her punishment.

As for the relationship between Revan and Meetra Surik, I offer the following passages from the novel Revan:

Bastila knew they shared a special bond not unlike that of Padawan and Master.

Meetra shifted her feet uncomfortably at the exchange. She wasn't jealous of Bastila; Meetra loved Revan, but not in that way. She'd never had romantic feelings for her mentor. Rather, she regarded him with deep admiration and intense devotion.

At this moment, however, she was acutely aware that Bastila and Revan shared a relationship that went far deeper than what Meetra shared with him. She knew she shouldn't begrudge them that, but some small part of her couldn't help but feel her reunion with Revan had been preempted by a holovid.

(Revan speaking) "Would you like to see the holovid of Bastila and my son?" he asked, offering her his hand. "it would mean more to watch it with a friend at my side."

Meetra returned after the end of the war to be judged, not after Revan and Malek became Sith Lords. Its possible the she felt some sort of love for him but Revan most defiantly did not feel the same. I doubt that he had time for a relationship during the war and after he had Bastila. The bond between the two of them was incredibly strong. So strong that they shared thoughts and that it could turn Bastila back to the light.

And even if it is non canon as Darth Revans apprentice she never thought of betraying him or taking his place.

I think you're a little hazy on the timeline, first of all. Revan never "let Meetra go." Revan and Malak were not Sith lords at the end of the Mandalorian War. Revan and Malak went off to find the Sith, while Meetra went back to the Council to accept her punishment.

As for the relationship between Revan and Meetra Surik, I offer the following passages from the novel Revan:

Meetra shifted her feet uncomfortably at the exchange. She wasn't jealous of Bastila; Meetra loved Revan, but not in that way. She'd never had romantic feelings for her mentor. Rather, she regarded him with deep admiration and intense devotion.

At this moment, however, she was acutely aware that Bastila and Revan shared a relationship that went far deeper than what Meetra shared with him. She knew she shouldn't begrudge them that, but some small part of her couldn't help but feel her reunion with Revan had been preempted by a holovid.

(Revan speaking) "Would you like to see the holovid of Bastila and my son?" he asked, offering her his hand. "it would mean more to watch it with a friend at my side."

Legit.

You know even that relationship they seemed to have in the novel strikes me as a huge stretch or a retcon. In playing Kotor 2, I never got the sense that Revan and the Exile even really knew each-other personally all that well, if at all. All the references to Revan in the second game treated him like some aloof lost legend, not the beloved mentor of the Player Character. Heck, I think Kriea talks about Revan at length and there's the impression that that is much of how the PC is learning about him. There's no option to say "Yeah I know all this. He's an old friend."

Back in the day, I remember thinking that one of the reasons I wanted to see a Kotor 3 was because I wanted to see Revan and the Exile finally meet.

Moreover, why should the Exile love Revan at all? She fought under him in the Mandalorian Wars sure, but in the end she committed an atrocity because of his orders, which left her a broken shell of a Jedi for years to come. To say nothing of the carnage he caused the galaxy afterward. Maybe she'd see redeemed Revan as something of a kindred spirit, but I think he'd be more of a disgraced former CO than a Padawan/Master to her.

/thread