Suggested balance changes

Not for competitive PvP.

Which is exactly what the 2 changes I would rather see would fix about Combat medic in competitive PvP.

You can't ask for a milion buffs. Just 1 buff will change the entire balance of a spec in meta game.

Alacrity buff on supercharge cells would give the commando that so much needed speed to save people in the heat of an intense battle. I can't count how many time someone die as my cast was missing not even 0.1 second to heal.

Sage got Mental Alacrity and Scoundrel got pugnacity for that extra oh **** speed buff they need. Commando got a 10% on recharge cells but that's not enough considering commando IS the healer that cast the most.

While the Overclock talent would had that extra oh **** instant heal we are lacking.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which is exactly what the 2 changes I would rather see would fix about Combat medic in competitive PvP.

You can't ask for a milion buffs. Just 1 buff will change the entire balance of a spec in meta game.

Alacrity buff on supercharge cells would give the commando that so much needed speed to save people in the heat of an intense battle. I can't count how many time someone die as my cast was missing not even 0.1 second to heal.

Sage got Mental Alacrity and Scoundrel got pugnacity for that extra oh **** speed buff they need. Commando got a 10% on recharge cells but that's not enough considering commando IS the healer that cast the most.

While the Overclock talent would had that extra oh **** instant heal we are lacking.

Lets not go stealing talents from ourselves. Overclock is honeslty the closest thing gunnery has to a h2f (seriously), great from kiting that smash marauder, taking it from gunnery would just be nerfing the survivability of gunnery.

Copy it maybe but don't steal it.

you've never done htl away > techoveride > heal > heal ?!!?

its certainly a lot better than face tanking the guy while reactive shield is on cooldown

I have..... and it is not a "heal to full" ability. 1) it eats a huge amount of ammo/heat to do that, 2) our heals in DPS spec do not heal for all that much (~6k max on crits), and 3) you really should be using TO for offensive purposes.

Its a decent "oh sht im being focused and the healer on my team is bad" ability, but if you have a good healer on your team you should not be using TO to heal.

You already know what I think of straight kinetic TD, but the latter bit is like so insanely OP. For starters that means with just one assault a arena team could have the enemies' healer unguarded for 6/15 seconds or 40% of the time. But why stop with one when you could take two to and have 80% uptime on guard immunity.

If bioware ever implemented a guard debuff, it should be placed on electro net which already has a 1 minute 30 second CD.

Just an idea that I've been kicking around to help build Supercharge a little bit faster:

[Add the following effect to either Treated Wound Dressings or Med Zone]. "In addition, when you are stunned, knocked down, or otherwise incapacitated, you now generate 1 charge of Combat Support Cell per second for every second that you are incapacitated." Charge cannot be built while Supercharged Cells is active. Because charge is built over time, (in)voluntary breaking of the controlling effect will cease charge generation. Slows, roots, and interrupts do not count toward this effect. As a rule of thumb, if it generates resolve, it generates charge. Charge can be built at full resolve but only by active CCs. Since you are immune to subsequent CCs while fully resolved, none of these subsequent effects will generate charge.

The reason I wanted to address this is because when Medical Probe is on constant lockout due to interruptions/stuns/knock backs/etc, the only means a Combat Medic has to build charge is their Hammershot (in other words: terribly inefficient). Supercharge, the way I see it, is important in avoiding this situation. When Supercharge is not available, we have only one (Medical Probe) without a cooldown. When it is active, we have two and this means that a single interrupt will not universally shut us down if everything else is on cooldown (and this will happen). More frequent Supercharges will help alleviate this problem. It will also encourage smarter CCs against Combat Medics, since poorly timed ones may actually help rather than harm them.

The change has slightly less use in PVE since ammo is usually the bigger problem in operations/flashpoints, but the knockback and stun mechanics that some of the bosses and trash have could still generate this charge and help them out as well.

Edited by SpaniardInfinity

*From a PvP perspective*

I haven't read all 19 pages so I don't know if this has been suggested (if it has I apologize)...

...but I see a lot of posts wishing Trauma Probe could be cast on multiple targets simultaneously. While I could see that being an ammo-management nightmare, what if we could use Hammer Shot to transfer charges of Trauma Probe from ourselves to the target? 1 hammer shot could transfer maybe 3 charges?

There would obviously have to be a max amount of charges (both on a single target and overall, I'd say 13 on a single player and 26 or 39 overall), and I would also think that you couldn't transfer if you were below a certain limit of charges on yourself (say 3-5). I'd reckon if you had 30 charges out already on multiple targets, then cast trauma probe, you would only get enough charges to get to the max of 39 (or whatever); alternatively, recasting it would remove the 13 "oldest" charges.

To be clear, I'm OK with where commando heals are right now, but maybe tweaks like this would let us be a little more pro-active in PvP.

Actually, the change to grav round was in lieu of returning HiB to be free. The lower energy cost (3 per cast) would cumulatively help a great deal towards ammo management overall.

actually, grav round isn't any cheaper than it was before: 1 cell = 8 ammo (2 cells = 16 ammo)

and HIB still went up, even with the old set bonus, because it should have lowered the cost by 8 instead of only 6 to keep it in line with the old talent.

EDIT: nvm. misunderstood. i thought you were explaining the change to special munitions to someone who misunderstood, not the rationale behind a suggested change.

Edited by oaceen

actually, grav round isn't any cheaper than it was before: 1 cell = 8 ammo (2 cells = 16 ammo)

and HIB still went up, even with the old set bonus, because it should have lowered the cost by 8 instead of only 6 to keep it in line with the old talent.

Im pretty sure Arch is already aware of that.....

Not sure what relevance your post has to what he has suggested (which was to increase the ammo reduction of GR from Special Munitions to 2/4/6 in lieu of getting the old set bonus + HIB ammo redux from Special Munitions).

Im pretty sure Arch is already aware of that.....

Not sure what relevance your post has to what he has suggested (which was to increase the ammo reduction of GR from Special Munitions to 2/4/6 in lieu of getting the old set bonus + HIB ammo redux from Special Munitions).

cool man.

I have..... and it is not a "heal to full" ability. 1) it eats a huge amount of ammo/heat to do that, 2) our heals in DPS spec do not heal for all that much (~6k max on crits), and 3) you really should be using TO for offensive purposes.

Of course not, Heal to full was more of a nod to current memes. Also, what do you mean "for offensive purposes" what are you going to sit there and facetank that maurader? If any thing you would be at least using it to out range his interrupt. TOing attacks is pointless because the only cast you would use it on is grav, which is under the GCD anyway. Maybe for a clutch huttball play, but hardly for the common fight.

Its a decent "oh sht im being focused and the healer on my team is bad" ability, but if you have a good healer on your team you should not be using TO to heal.
Ideally, a dps should never have to use their DcD'es either if there healer is good, but we know how often that ever happens. TO is the best available DcD when reactive shield is on CD. Its also about the only way to live when you find yourself at low health and your healer just called that he is stunned.

Of course not, Heal to full was more of a nod to current memes. Also, what do you mean "for offensive purposes" what are you going to sit there and facetank that maurader? If any thing you would be at least using it to out range his interrupt. TOing attacks is pointless because the only cast you would use it on is grav, which is under the GCD anyway. Maybe for a clutch huttball play, but hardly for the common fight.

Ideally, a dps should never have to use their DcD'es either if there healer is good, but we know how often that ever happens. TO is the best available DcD when reactive shield is on CD. Its also about the only way to live when you find yourself at low health and your healer just called that he is stunned.

You must not PvP much, or at a high level.

EDIT: nvm. misunderstood. i thought you were explaining the change to special munitions to someone who misunderstood, not the rationale behind a suggested change.

If you're gonna catch your own mistakes then I'm not sure what my job is around here.

Also boooooo no commando questions.

You must not PvP much, or at a high level.

Eh, I did sorta phase my mando out of pvp in favor of my tank VG, solely because current RL demands have prevented me from properly maintaining two toons.

However as long as I can back up my conjectures with observations or reasoning, they still stand.

Eh, I did sorta phase my mando out of pvp in favor of my tank VG, solely because current RL demands have prevented me from properly maintaining two toons.

However as long as I can back up my conjectures with observations or reasoning, they still stand.

Your reasoning is flawed though. You DO in fact use TO offensively, with grav round most often, or concussion round for an instant mez, because as everyone knows Grav Round gates the whole tree. Grav Round x2 > Demo Round > HiB is a completely unstoppable, uninterruptable 4 GCD burst rotation from range or on the run, and if one of the heavy hitters crits then the target of that is going to be in a bad way. Indeed the 90 second, 2 charge TO, is one of the best arguments for why Assault isn't our most mobile DPS spec anymore.

glad i could help :D

i'm guessing you're talking about the class rep announcement. :(

don't want to really comment on that cos i won't stop, but i feel your pain.

Well other things too but the class rep announcement certainly didn't help, and yeah I don't wanna get started on that either for the same reason.