Guild panel even more broken now

UlaVii

I have to admit that without the reloading bug the guild panel does already feel much better but it's still hazardous to use admin commands. We tried going a week without doing any admin but our guild is too busy to keep that up for long and since Keith says there is no ETA on a fix I figured it was time we got back to business.

I have a couple of tips for those trying to work with the current bugged interface:

1) DO NOT use multi-select for setting ranks/removing people. It can include previously selected guild members or those that just logged in while you were doing the multi-select even though their rows will not be highlighted. Additionally it also does the bug where it selects every row from the top of the guild panel down to the cursor position.

2) Double left click is your friend. So if I'm going to work on Amy's row I will left click to highlight it and then left click her row again. This seems to prevent actions from affecting the previously selected row. It still messes up in certain situations though when her row becomes unselected by somebody logging in/out/changing instance. The key is to just keep an eye on the row to make sure it is still selected.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Another guild ends up removing members by accident due to the shift select bug.

We're approaching 10 months since we were told the you were "improving the guild quality of life" which in fact made guild admin much more difficult due to all the bugs that were introduced. Please fix the guild panel, it's been over a month since the last attempt to fix it when the new bugs were first reported and you said it would be looked at.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

• A long long time ago: Original guild panel was broken for years with the inability to /w guild members with foreign characters which we are still unable to do
  • ...Years Pass With No Fix...
  • 5th April 2016 with Game Update 4.3: Eventually they replaced the original panel the new full size version which was bugged were it reloaded anytime somebody logged in/logged out/changed notes/set rank/changed area
  • ...16 Months Pass With No Fix...
  • 22nd August 2017 with Game Update 5.4: They finally had a go at fixing the reloading problem by replacing it with the wide number of issues reported in the first post of this thread
  • ...3 Months Pass With No Fix...

• 2 weeks later...

A problem which means people may not spend as many Cartel Coins as possible gets fixed within 24 hours (source)

New "improved" guild panel with the new "reload everytime someone changes instance" bug first introduced 1 year, 7 months, 21 days ago.

The "fix" for that which introduced all the bugs mentioned in the first post of this thread first forced on us 3 months, 4 days ago.

The only sign of dev interest was 86 days ago "No ETA at the moment."

I am sure we can raise 10,000-20,000 Cartel Coins through donations from my own guild and other guilds. We can spend them on whatever the devs ask us to. Will you accept that as payment towards getting the guild panel properly fixed?

Had this stuff happening to me in my family guild the other day. My kids have preferred accounts with no security keys attached, so I keep them at a lower rank but the game just absolutely insisted they all be officers no matter what I did.

At least there was no awkwardness and no one's feeling were hurt during the process. I'm just glad I noticed it was happening because I wouldn't want those unsecured accounts having any guild controls.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

5.7 - The right click selection bug is fixed yaaaay! Unfortunately the group select bug is still there :( To test this out you hold Shift or CTRL to select a group of characters and then wait for somebody log out/in. It will select from the top of the guild panel down to the row the cursor is currently over. So it's still not safe to use the group select with Set Rank or Remove.

What would be extra sweet for when the group select bug is finally fixed is if you could add the ability for us to Set Member note and Set Officer note for the group.

• 1 month later...

March 20th 2018 - Patch 5.8 - Guild panel still broken. In two weeks time (April 5th) it will mark 2 years since Bioware "improved the guild quality of life" with their new broken guild panel. The most recent news we have is that they have no intention of fixing things:

We've had many discussions about Guild Management, along with additional ideas on Guild engagement activities. It's not yet on the Production schedule, but it's an excellent Quality of Life improvement where all Guilds benefit.

---Keith

Come on, help your guilds. Why do you keen slapping us in the face over and over again. The guild panel is our primary tool for administrating our guilds, we're not asking for a revolutionary new feature, we just want the basic admin tool to be fixed.

• 1 month later...

May 3rd 2018 - Patch 5.9 - Guild panel still broken. Every guild in the game has been forced to use the broken guild panel for over 2 years.

Community managers, please help your guilds. There is more to managing a community then adding reskins to the cartel market :o