Credits

dermitni

Plain and simple, please add credits as directly purchasable item to the cartel market, for example at a rate of 1.000 credits per CC, so we could for example buy 2.4 million credits for 2.400 CC or the "Rockefeller Pack" for 14.000 CC with 14 million credits.

The reasoning is simple: Some people (like myself) just don't have the time to do dailies each and every day in order to earn ~500k credits per day; I just have more money to spend than time; the latter is much more valuable to me. Currently, I spend money on hypercrates, wait a few days for the unlock, then sell their packs at ~500k credits each on the GTN, so there is already a legitimate way to "buy" credits (before someone comes yelling "p2w!"), but it is just soooo tedious...

No, this will probably never be added. If it did, it would be a factor to ruin the game. What would be the point of hard work if you could just save some real life money up, and buy credits? I haven't done a single daily in MONTHS, and I have four million credits on my main character, and a million on my Republic main.

What I did, was work the GTN. Simply buy Cartel Coins, purchase the most recent Cartel pack( For now, that is Galactic Ace), buy as much as you can, which I buy in bulk, so two hypercrates, and sell what'cha get. Not only is this fast, but it is easy, if you have the money to do it.

Clearly the OP's time is not all that valuable or he wouldn't be playing a computer game in the first place.

I guess that says a lot about yourself too, huh?

OP, buy CM packs to sell on the GTN. That's the best indirect way to turn real money into credits. It's much better for the in game economy than the suggestion you made.

Edited by JediRelentless

Don't blame the OP, A lot of things on the GTN are priced well over 1 million credits. And most people have a life outside of this game and seriously don't have the time. The packs do drop sometimes credits. I had one give 100k credits, however, that was only one pack out of 8.

lol you realize that if you could buy coins in the CM the prices on GTN would just go up to adjust to the ease of gaining coins, obviously someone has never paid attention to history or more importantly economics. Anyone.....Anyone....Anyone.....

OP, buy CM packs to sell on the GTN. That's the best indirect way to turn real money into credits. It's much better for the in game economy than the suggestion you made.

Thanks, besides buying Armored Varactyls and selling them for 2.5 million credits each, that's what I already do; but I'd like a less time-consuming and economy-dependant way to get credits through the Cartel Market. :)

So, indirectly, like I wrote in the OP, there already is a way to transform cash into credits, so all the talk about this being bad for the game is moot -- it's already there, just in a not as direct way as I suggest.

Edited by dermitni

Don't blame the OP, A lot of things on the GTN are priced well over 1 million credits. And most people have a life outside of this game and seriously don't have the time. The packs do drop sometimes credits. I had one give 100k credits, however, that was only one pack out of 8.

Exactly! Most prices in the GTN are just ridiculous. :)

Exactly! Most prices in the GTN are just ridiculous. :)

And if people could just buy credits with real money, the prices would be even more ridiculous. It's not like adding more credits would make the high-ticket items less valuable or more common. They would still be rare, sought-after items, and would be priced accordingly. So your suggestion will make the problem much, much worse. That's why all the people around you keep saying it is a bad idea. Either you stop wanting things that everyone else wants and is willing to pay millions for, or you start saving up money to buy the items you want. Asking for shortcuts isn't going to solve the problem.

I guess that says a lot about yourself too, huh?

Does it? What does it say? That I'm a mature adult who realizes TOR is just a game, and that either its worth my time to play or it's not?

Yeah, I'm gonna go with that.

As I said already, anyone playing the game obviously has time to waste, or they wouldn't be playing a computer game. It's all about priorities.

Edited by branmakmuffin

Does it? What does it say? That I'm a mature adult who realizes TOR is just a game, and that either its worth my time to play or it's not?

Yeah, I'm gonna go with that.

As I said already, anyone playing the game obviously has time to waste, or they wouldn't be playing a computer game. It's all about priorities.

*sigh* Of course playing a computer game is a waste of time compared to other activities, but I still want to waste that time in way that I like. Otherwise I could just play "Hello Kitty Online" or any other game if it wouldn't matter how and what I do in that time...

So, once more and slower this time: Eventhough time used for playing computer games is wasted when compared with other activities, it still is time and as such more valuable to me than money, because I chose to spend it (or waist it) playing computer games. But that does not mean that I want to do things in that games that I don't enjoy or find boring, or tedious.

Edited by dermitni

The design of "buy packs, sell for credits" is to make ingame economy work and not inflate.

An open market economy is prone to inflation if government issues new bills constantly.

You don't want that. Same reason why you don't artificial credits issued from outside the game.

YOu want the credits generated WITHIN the game and then traded for goods and spent in credit sinks so inflation doesn't occur.

Econ 101 people, learn it.

I am sorry, with more F2P people than subscribers, why in world would people sell things for 1-2 million credits? Most F2P people have a credit cap. I am a subscriber and doing black hole everyday on 4 of 5 toons yields about 48k credits per toon ( Without heroic ). Then I take my main to all the daily zones ( Besides Makeb, that place still sucks ). And it still took about 3 days of doing it this way to make 1 million credits. So I still don't see the reasoning around these GTN prices.

I am sorry, with more F2P people than subscribers, why in world would people sell things for 1-2 million credits? Most F2P people have a credit cap. I am a subscriber and doing black hole everyday on 4 of 5 toons yields about 48k credits per toon ( Without heroic ). Then I take my main to all the daily zones ( Besides Makeb, that place still sucks ). And it still took about 3 days of doing it this way to make 1 million credits. So I still don't see the reasoning around these GTN prices.

Because that is what the market dictates the price should set at? I am not going to lower my prices to accommodate F2P's.

Because that is what the market dictates the price should set at? I am not going to lower my prices to accommodate F2P's.

Hence, why we wouldn't want MORE credits floating around in the economy.

Prices are up as it is.

Not that I'm complaining, market manipulation and crafting makes me crazy money, enough to fund my cartel packs solely via GTN.

If doing dailies is your best way to make credits, you're doing it wrong (the making credits part, that is).

This is a bad idea because it hurts people who don't like spending money on the cartel market, like me.

Making credits purchaseable would lower their value in the game's economy. So items that were 1,000,000cr are now 3,000,000cr and it's considered to be of the same value. This means that players will need to do more dailies, sell more stuff or be forced to spend real money on the cartel market.

I already pay for a sub. I don't want to pay more to get credits.

Errm... I hate to say it, but I think you're doing it wrong. You can easily make 1 million credits doing dailies on 2 or 3 toons in a day. Ilum & BH yield about 200k on one toon alone. That's including selling vendor trash and finding lockboxes.

Edited by Soul_of_Flames