Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What happened to SWTOR? Some insight by Jeff Nyman (game tester)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Off-Topic
What happened to SWTOR? Some insight by Jeff Nyman (game tester)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Rion_Starkiller
10.17.2019 , 02:56 PM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by ZionHalcyon View Post
The Kotaku article did have the feel though of trying to go after BioWare. Jeff's blog really has a lot about a lot going on it and the BioWare section was very matter-of-fact without any sort of the hand-wringing or blame game or pointing fingers.

Between the two, Jeff's blog just feels more objective.
Yes, but I will take first hand experience from a disgruntled employee over.... whatever Nyman's blog post is. Conjecture? He said she said?

At least with an ex-employee you know where they stand -- and you know their perspective will be skewed as such.
-Beruhl, NiM Space Barbie and Solo Ranked Forum PvP (ง︡'-'︠)ง
(\/)(,,,,)(\/) ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱(̢ ̡͇̅└͇̅┘͇̅ (▤8כ−◦
8 pugs and a grophet i do what i want major league memes can i borrow a stim?

ZionHalcyon
10.24.2019 , 07:47 PM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Yes, but I will take first hand experience from a disgruntled employee over.... whatever Nyman's blog post is. Conjecture? He said she said?

At least with an ex-employee you know where they stand -- and you know their perspective will be skewed as such.
You have to be careful here. Musco only said that nyman was not ever a BioWare employee.

Technically speaking, when game companies contract out beta testers to test their games, those people although they are testing a game for that company are not employees of that company.

So what Eric said could still hold true, even with Nyman having first-hand knowledge.

Pirana
10.24.2019 , 08:04 PM | #83
You have to be careful here. Musco only said that nyman was not ever a BioWare employee.

Technically speaking, when game companies contract out beta testers to test their games, those people although they are testing a game for that company are not employees of that company.

So what Eric said could still hold true, even with Nyman having first-hand knowledge.
And until there's actual proof, Nyman's post is hearsay.
The Journey Is Often Greater Than The Destination

ZionHalcyon
10.24.2019 , 08:26 PM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by Pirana View Post
And until there's actual proof, Nyman's post is hearsay.
As is the Kotaku article

Rion_Starkiller
10.26.2019 , 04:55 PM | #85

Yeah, Nyman was not an employee, but the anonymous guy in the Kotaku article was an employee. That's why I don't understand why everyone loves Nyman's blog. He's literally just making **** up.
-Beruhl, NiM Space Barbie and Solo Ranked Forum PvP (ง︡'-'︠)ง
(\/)(,,,,)(\/) ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱(̢ ̡͇̅└͇̅┘͇̅ (▤8כ−◦
8 pugs and a grophet i do what i want major league memes can i borrow a stim?

Slowpokeking
10.27.2019 , 06:13 PM | #86
I think the 3.0 route was the right way to go, some story quests+new MMO content.
http://www.swtor.com/r/5trH8B

My Referral Code.

BlueSparten
10.29.2019 , 05:36 PM | #87
Every thing in life is temporary, having almost died three times has taught me this.