Server forums?

Vandrel-Blitz

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree 100% and I can't believe this was not done at launch, it was a fail to whoever runs these forums. The guild section of the forums as it stands is worthless. I can't find my server list of guilds anywhere in it.

I think it should be an easy 1 day fix to create and moderate the server forums, can we have an eta on when this will be done?

wish they would make server forums also but at this point untill everyone is invited forums are not the highest priority. All though it would prob take some low end data entry employee 5 mins to set up. On second thought just hurry up and make server forums plz ty Edited by Meluna

Please give Bioware some time! Theyre in the middle of a huge launch and catching a lot of flak for giving their "loyal" customers a chance to play before the game even releases. Everything will come in due time ^^

They had time when they shut the forums down prior to the 13th. They had plenty of time to add server forums in and simply hide the ones that were not open yet.

Furthermore, they've had time to respond to this issue be choose not to.

I wonder if the Community Management team realizes how not having realm/server forums will affect the community. I think that most people play MMORPG's because they want to play a game and interact with other people at the same time. I know I have made quite a few friends through online gaming. Without realm/server forums people have to use one of three different methods of finding guilds or people with common interests.

1) Come to the swtor.com forums and read through countless threads/pages hoping that they somehow actually find a post by someone from their realm/server and faction that fits the criteria they are looking for. This amounts to what I think most would consider taking up way too much time that could be spent actually enjoying the game that they are paying to play.

2) Use an outside source such as google, to try to search for guilds on their realm/server. This could be a very dangerous avenue for people considering the amount of spyware and hacking that is commonplace for gaming today.

3) Use the in-game chat feature to basically spam /LF guild. From my experience in MMO's this rarely nets good results. Most guilds that your average player would consider "good" don't normally respond to people spamming chat to find a guild. Most don't want to take the risk that the person spamming could be someone just looking to troll guild chat or "ninja" the guild bank. It usually is not worth their time while in-game. They would rather do their recruiting outside of the game, usually.

As you can see I have only listed cons to these methods because I do not believe that the pros come anywhere close to outweighing the cons in these situations. I understand that more forums require more Moderators and possibly server space but, I truly feel that it would be time and money very well spent considering I can't see it hurting the community. I can only see realm/server forums helping the community tremendously in the short and long term.