Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Galactic Conflict - Match 2 - Round 1 Ė Echo of Legends VS Remnants of the Fel

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Galactic Conflict - Match 2 - Round 1 Ė Echo of Legends VS Remnants of the Fel

StarSquirrel's Avatar


StarSquirrel
11.08.2017 , 09:47 PM | #411
My sub lapsed for like 2-3 months... cause, you know, this is slow : P

A one legged turtle glued to a glacier in a time dilation field is still a millions times faster than this game...
I know if you look deep into your heart- which is currently all over that tree- you'll find a way to forgive me.

Aww, geez you look like a puppy! A blonde, eviscerated puppy!

-Alucard

Silenceo's Avatar


Silenceo
11.08.2017 , 09:55 PM | #412
Quote: Originally Posted by StarSquirrel View Post
My sub lapsed for like 2-3 months... cause, you know, this is slow : P

A one legged turtle glued to a glacier in a time dilation field is still a millions times faster than this game...
I blame J's disorganization and K's willingness to make each turn a week long. Most of my agenda's are finished within an hour. Except when I need input from K... Jokes aside, good to see you are back, Star.Though, you missed the chance to roast my forces in the recent battle.
"What I unveil today will mark a new era for the Empire. We will be able to decimate the Rebels just as we did the Jedi Knights. At last the Emperor's war will be filled only with the glory and beauty of decisive victory."―Rom Mohc Never force a droid to think without numbers...

karadron's Avatar


karadron
11.11.2017 , 01:44 PM | #413
Exploring the Cellblock: An Echo of Legends Event


Narrator (K): While searching the cell blocks some EL troops stumbled across a locked door


Silenceo GM: *What sort of locked door? Any signs of force usage around it?*

Karadron Inquisitor: A high security type lock. No Force used.

Silenceo GM: *Any damage to it?*

Karadron Inquisitor: No damage that they can see

Silenceo GM: *notify Fervant, due to SJ not being there to investigate*

Karadron Inquisitor: A few hours later he arrives at the door.

Silenceo GM: *he orders them to open the door, Dancing Blades had accompanied him*

Karadron Inquisitor: they force the door open enough to walk through

Silenceo GM: Anything of note?

Karadron Inquisitor: they enter into a dimly lit corridor. It seems to be in much better shape than a lot of the cell blocks. They walk a bit and notice that it has several hallways branching off from the main corridor

Silenceo GM: Send squads of warriors down the off-shoot passages, checking in every minute. DB and FS continue down main corridor

Karadron Inquisitor: it doesn't take long before they send reports about giant stasis tanks filled with strange creatures

Silenceo GM: explain creatures (anything similar to what has been found outside or known creatures/sith spawn)

Karadron Inquisitor: they seem to be variants to types of creatures found on Belsavis

Silenceo GM: Anything else in those off-shoot chambers? datapads, terminals, etc?

Karadron Inquisitor: just computer consoles

Silenceo GM: Have them try and access this for data and send additional squads to each chamber to secure and search it while FS and DB continue down corridor

Karadron Inquisitor: FS and DB find another door like the first one. Its more locked and has a sign on it that says: Do Not Enter.

Silenceo GM: Have FS examine it in the force

Karadron Inquisitor: The door seems to retaliate and FS gets a small headache. Someone must have used some Force technique on it.

Silenceo GM: Sense was never his strong suit anyways. Blast the door open with his M10 L5 lightning.

Karadron Inquisitor: The door groans for a long time under the assault. Then audibly unlocks.

Silenceo GM: Open it

Karadron Inquisitor: The two have a lot of trouble pushing the door open. Whoever locked it meant for it to stay shut.

Silenceo GM: Push harder. :P

Karadron Inquisitor: They get it open enough to barely squeeze through.

Silenceo GM: Send for some more squads to back them up. After their arrival, take a peek into the room

Karadron Inquisitor: a few minutes later they arrive and the two take a peek in the room. It's dark with a single flickering light that illuminates a floor covered in bones and debris. It seems that the bones are from a variety of different beings and creatures. It also seems that this area goes back further than the light reveals.

Silenceo GM: mmm (Can he, due to his mastery over lightning, though still fledging of the specialized versions, use it to illuminate parts of the room briefly?)

Karadron Inquisitor: yeah sure why not :P

Silenceo GM: (do it. :P)

Karadron Inquisitor: after a couple of somewhat noisy illuminations they determine that the layout here is more linear than the earlier section of the hallway with large rooms off to the sides instead of corridors.

Silenceo GM: Have DB and FS advance together down the middle. The squads deploying lights behind and to the sides as they go (keep in mind DB has max speed and precog)

Karadron Inquisitor: they walk into the darkness leaving the small opening in the door behind them. The first squad that was stationed behind reports some odd organic material inside the room its near.

Silenceo GM: (an additional room?)

Karadron Inquisitor: (Yeah large rooms on side of corridor)

Silenceo GM: Mark and alert other squads, do not enter. Send for more squads as well as a Legion of Sentinal droids (by legion I mean around 10,000, split into squads)

Karadron Inquisitor: It will take some time before more can arrive.

Silenceo GM:Until the reinforcements arrive, do not enter any rooms, but continue to illuminate the chamber

Karadron Inquisitor: Two squads report branching hallways that pass through the main corridor. Seen only because of singular faulty light fixtures. FS and DB eventually reach another door. But this one is not in any way capable of blocking their way forward as most of it lies shattered on the ground. Itís hard to know exactly what caused the door to break in such a way but whatever it was came from the other side.

Silenceo GM: proceed into the new chamber

Karadron Inquisitor: The room they enter is circular and a complete mess. Scattered with bones and wrecked equipment. To make things worse the smell is absolutely disgusting.

Karadron Inquisitor: It seems that nothing living is currently in the room. But that something does frequent the location.

Silenceo GM: Have the squads finished illuminating the chamber?

Karadron Inquisitor: Not completely but mostly.

Silenceo GM: When they finish, have them fall back to the 2nd door, the one they forced open, and assemble in phalanx formation. Upon the Sentinel droids arrival, 5 squads (of 5 each) will investigate each side chamber from the 2nd chamber. the squads from the first set of side chambers will join with the phalanx and form a 2nd row. Until that is all completed, FS and DB go to the door they forced open and wait

Karadron Inquisitor: Before they can arrive back at the door one of the squads that hasn't finished getting lighting requests emergency help but theyíre cut short before they can fully explain.

Silenceo GM: FS and DB go to investigate

Karadron Inquisitor: When they arrive they see that the squad's lights are all destroyed and itís a bloody mess, but no bodies can be found.

Silenceo GM: (is there a chamber nearby?)

Karadron Inquisitor: They're at an intersection where another hallway passes through the main one.


Silenceo GM: Follow the passage

Karadron Inquisitor: They follow the direction that the blood trail seems to go. And stumble upon one of the warriors laying face up in a pool of blood.

Silenceo GM: Examine wounds and then proceed

Karadron Inquisitor: They find a few major wounds and a few dents in the armor, but all they can rule out is that they weren't caused by conventional weaponry. He's dead. As they proceed the hallway gets darker as they pass further from the light and it seems to feel weird.

Silenceo GM: DB uses her shoto's for light and takes the lead

Karadron Inquisitor: The shoto's barely illuminate anything which seems exceptionally odd.

Silenceo GM: (Wisdom check for FS? I mean, he has been around the mystical block a little. :P )

Karadron Inquisitor: (Ouch critical failure) FS thinks that this is a very weird experience.

Silenceo GM: Attempt to absorb force energy around himself with his staff (excluding DB ofc)

Karadron Inquisitor: When he tries to absorb force energy it seems to shoot his worst fears at him.

Silenceo GM: Try and illuminate the area with lightning

Karadron Inquisitor: There's a quick flash around them and they see another warrior on the ground.This one seems to be dead but there aren't as visible wounds on him.

Silenceo GM: check for force inflicted dmg

Karadron Inquisitor: FS does not think that the damage was force inflicted, but cannot be 100% sure. The darkness returns and as they continue on the air seems to grow heavy almost as if it were pushing down on them.

Silenceo GM: Search for any presence in the force around them

Karadron Inquisitor: FS reaches out in the Force but it seems that his ability to sense is being stifled in the darkness As they walk further they begin to smell the worst smell they have ever encountered, much more potent than when they were in the circular room earlier They work hard to look around but it takes a while before they discover a shriveled corpse of a Rakata. The body is mummified, but without much medical knowledge they canít figure out what killed him. There's something clutched tightly in one decrepit hand.

Silenceo GM: examine but do not touch the object

Karadron Inquisitor: It looks to be some type of ancient datapad.

Silenceo GM: try and read it

Karadron Inquisitor: FS is glad to have spent much time learning Rakata, Unfortunately the damage and the bony fingers cover large portions of text. But he figures that some genetic experiment went terribly wrong.

Silenceo GM: He will collect the datapad at a later time, continue onward

Karadron Inquisitor: The two continue down the hallway and the darkness and sense of fear grow greatly both are on the verge of turning around and running back the way they came. With their ability to sense stifled they both jump when they see four red orbs pierce the darkness in front of them.

Silenceo GM: Have DB focus on precognition with her blades at the ready to protect FS, who will strike with lightning if possible. Also, have FS run a bit of electricity to try and get light

Karadron Inquisitor: FS gets a bit of light, but DB's fear and her stifled senses throw her ability to use precog severely off. Something rams into her and throws them off their feet, but FS is able to send a nice shock into it. A loud his sounds as the four orbs return

Silenceo GM: Pour the lighting into the eyes, using his skills in the lightning-sub skills to give it a good arch so it is hard to escape

Karadron Inquisitor: FS manages a good arch unfortunately getting knocked off his feet throws his aim off a bit and most of the lightning shoots above them. Although a screech does sound and the red light vanishes

Silenceo GM: Get up and use Force Storm to cover a good amount of area in front of them

Karadron Inquisitor: His storm lights up the area in front of them but it seems that whatever was there is now gone

Silenceo GM: Toss another behind them, to illuminate back there as well Then notify the soldiers and order them to prepare to fire on anything leaving the tomb

Karadron Inquisitor: FS can hear his second storm but cannot see it.


Silenceo GM: Unleash lightning in that direction (Have the droids arrived yet?)

Karadron Inquisitor: His lightning seems to be hitting something, but FS doesn't think itís whatever creature he saw. He gets a call that the droids have been delayed.

Silenceo GM: Inquire about the delay Have DB at the same time stride towards what the lightning is hitting to investigate

Karadron Inquisitor: It seems that there was some interference and the receiving end gave the wrong coordinates. DB walks towards it and sees nothing but what appears to be a wall of pure darkness.

Silenceo GM: touch it. :P

Karadron Inquisitor: DB touches it and canít untouch it. :P

Silenceo GM: What does it feel like?

Karadron Inquisitor: It feels sticky and from what she is able to see she thinks itís weblike

Silenceo GM: cut it

Karadron Inquisitor: Using her free hand DB goes to cut it. The substances proves to be surprisingly difficult to slice through, but she manages to do so.

Silenceo GM: Is it light on the other side?

Karadron Inquisitor: No itís still dark.

Silenceo GM: Work their way back towards the entrance

Karadron Inquisitor: As they reach the main hallway something grabs FS from behind.

Silenceo GM: spin around,ready to zap, but see who it is first

Karadron Inquisitor: As he turns a sharp pain shoots through his leg and he sees the four eyes.

Silenceo GM: Use his shock skill (for intense burst) with full power lighting

Karadron Inquisitor: He manages to hit his target and in doing so is flipped into the air off his feet, but free from whatever was holding him.

Silenceo GM: DB capitalize on the attack and attempt to slash the target

Karadron Inquisitor: She lands a hit and the creature sends out a loud hiss. Two of the eyes vanish in the darkness and something swooshes down next to her.

Silenceo GM: Use staff to keep it away from him

Karadron Inquisitor: DB's swinging is meets with no success, until it slams into something and wonít budge.

Silenceo GM: (Go go gadget Shoto gauntlets!) Engage martial arts mode (while FS stands up ofc)

Karadron Inquisitor: The gauntlets light up the area around them faintly the staff is stuck embedded in more webbing, blocking the way they need to go.

Silenceo GM: "Enough, creature of insolence!" FS goes berserk with Lightning blasts, trying to free his staff and to hit the spot that DB is currently striking at

Karadron Inquisitor: His staff is free and he illuminates that DB is striking at nothing but air. It seems that the creature has escaped

Silenceo GM: (would be so much easier if they could only see). proceed towards entrance

Karadron Inquisitor: The way towards the entrance is webbed up would you like to attempt to break through it?

Silenceo GM: yes. :P

Karadron Inquisitor: They cut through it and make their way back to the entrance.

Silenceo GM: Give a call to the men on the other side to hold their fire, then squeeze through the opening

Karadron Inquisitor: DB squeezes through fine, but FS finds that trying to squeeze through really hurts his leg

Silenceo GM: Have DB help him through

Karadron Inquisitor: She manages to help him through but his leg bangs on the door making the pain worse.

Silenceo GM: Ow. Check on the warriors

Karadron Inquisitor: They seem pretty fine, much better than DB and FS.

Silenceo GM: Once DB and FS are free of the door, have them push it closed again

Karadron Inquisitor: They manage to push the door shut

Silenceo GM: Have the warriors pack up the specimens they found and move them to the research facilities that the scientists are currently using

Karadron Inquisitor: They get them all packed up and sent off to the scientists without incident

Silenceo GM: Once that is done, have the droids guard the door with the warriors, to ensure the thing doesn't escape

Karadron Inquisitor: Some troops will have to be used to maintain the guard there

Silenceo GM: *looks at the troop number* Sure thing. Say what, 100 warriors with 10,000 sentinels?

Karadron Inquisitor: well more like 90 warriors and 10k sents since 2 kia and 8 mia

Silenceo GM: aaand scene

StarSquirrel's Avatar


StarSquirrel
11.13.2017 , 12:05 AM | #414
So we've forgone pretense and accepted that this is just a super-involved/customized pvp DnD campaign with dice rolls?
I know if you look deep into your heart- which is currently all over that tree- you'll find a way to forgive me.

Aww, geez you look like a puppy! A blonde, eviscerated puppy!

-Alucard

Silenceo's Avatar


Silenceo
11.13.2017 , 12:58 AM | #415
Quote: Originally Posted by StarSquirrel View Post
So we've forgone pretense and accepted that this is just a super-involved/customized pvp DnD campaign with dice rolls?
*Rolls dice* Dice say that I have to say no.
"What I unveil today will mark a new era for the Empire. We will be able to decimate the Rebels just as we did the Jedi Knights. At last the Emperor's war will be filled only with the glory and beauty of decisive victory."―Rom Mohc Never force a droid to think without numbers...

Jarons's Avatar


Jarons
11.15.2017 , 08:54 PM | #416
Quote: Originally Posted by StarSquirrel View Post
My sub lapsed for like 2-3 months... cause, you know, this is slow : P

A one legged turtle glued to a glacier in a time dilation field is still a millions times faster than this game...
Welcome Back Star

K reworking my agenda for you to make things easier for you.