Why are newer CM items almost perfect but potentially made worse for no reason?

ShenLongKazama

No rant. Just a quick summary of my disappointment. You may agree or disagree.

- Mandalorian Stormbringer Helmet -

Ugly visor that could've been optional. Also given the fact that it's not visible in the icons, cutscenes and character select makes it rather obvious that it's a last minute addition, an unneccessary one.

- Infamous Bounty Hunter Helmet -

The same with the Stormbringer helmet, however, since it's visor makes the helmet look like the original Boba Fett helmet, i can understand why people would prefer it that way. On the other hand the modulation. Players would prefer a modulation that's closer to the source material.

- Amban Rifle -

A minor one, yet still somehow annoying. The forked barrel has the wrong rotation. It had the correct one a while back so no idea why it got changed. Yes, those 90 degrees bother me.

- Jedi Knight Revan Set -

Secondary color only applies to the mask. Even worse, before the armor had that neat pale brown. Now it's an ugly orange/brown. That makes the non fully dyeable aspect even worse.

- Redeemed Revan Lightsaber -

Still has that weird fade lightsaber effect. The game and other sources show that it doesn't have that.

Edit: Some crystals in the preview window work and others don't. Perhaps it got fixed but the preview window is bugged.

PS: /crossarms still doesn't loop. It should though.

Stay safe and healthy.

Edited by ShenLongKazama

I think the sabotage is slightly different; sets with desirable pieces, and head-shaking disappointments for one or more pieces.

It incentivizes multiple purchases, to piece together a cool and coherent look.

It is really apparent with the CM stuff that we got in 2020, but even before they messed up items. Scar Removal Droid rotates completely instead of just the droid. One Handed Handstand has that glow effect which is unneeded.

Meh.

you should had been here when the shoulderpads guy was lurking at the concept art team departement at the very start of swtor.

Some shoulderpads work, others don't. Darth Sion's shoulderpad is basically a shouldertable. Exiled Master had that ugly backpack, but the community wanted it gone. They do listen from time to time.