Bio intent to create in game 1% trillionairs

Cindron

New tier 5 schematics and mats hidden behind the most difficult mode of operations. Vast majority of players will not be able to even try to obtain them, not unless we all scurry to the large guilds who specialize in it. The people who consider crafting a major part of the game will be shut out.

The winner will be the very small percentage of players in guilds doing operations and who also craft. They will have a monopoly. I feel for the pvp and rest of the 99% of the gaming population being shut out unless you pay up millions and millions of credits of course.

The gold spammers will have a huge boom in business.

This also sets CXP on its ear. Crafters and gamers in general would grind it out for the schematics and gear, now it will have very little relevance since mats and schematics for tier 5 will not drop. A tier system that has generated much controversy has just been weakened further.

All this is based upon one sentence for the upcoming release. I do hope they will reconsider.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All this is based upon one sentence for the upcoming release. I do hope they will reconsider.

It is good that you recognize this fact, because I think it negates the rest of your post. How can you possibly know that any of that is going to be the case when you know nothing about the system? Even Bioware may not have all these details decided yet, which is why they aren't announcing them.

Over the top posts like these that use hyperbole about how the game is going down in flames based on zero information or any reality do not do the developers or these forums any favors. Please try again, and this time address your concerns about what might be instead of deciding what will be... because frankly, my friend, you have no idea that this is what will take place.

If not, then this is just another thread full of off the wall speculation over a simple announcement with zero information to back up anything you've said. And that isn't good for anybody.

Edited by PennyAnn

Nothing is negated.

It is based upon what they said. This is my opinion of what may happen IF what they intend to do goes into play. Last I checked that is the very basis of these forums is it not? A discussion of the game.

Will it happen, I hope not but this is currently their intent and worthy of discussion. Or are all the similar posts talking along different interpretations also pointless?

On one hand I am annoyed with the hysteria revolving around this one sentence, but on the other hand perhaps this is what was needed for the devs to "reconsider."

If people didn't react hysterically, I am afraid they might take reasonable/calm behavior as acceptance and for that I suppose I ought not be so judgmental with those who keep posting these extremely hyperbolic threads on the new incoming gearing changes.

I can't see them creating such a one-dimensional gearing change where the only way you can gear up is via extreme-mode OPs.

As you mention, it's a very tiny fraction of people that even participate in these. Alienating 99% of the players from gearing up would be dumb. Pretty sure they understand that.

Over the top posts like these that use hyperbole about how the game is going down in flames based on zero information or any reality do not do the developers or these forums any favors. Please try again, and this time address your concerns about what might be instead of deciding what will be... because frankly, my friend, you have no idea that this is what will take place.

Wow, you often go over the top like this? Your assumptions and interpretation of my post is stunning. I uttered not one single word of the game going down in flames. Zero information...no based on what Bio has said however limited. I do not need to try again as being dismissed by you for your plugged in over the top interpretation is not worthy of another response.

Because frankly, my friend I know I don't have any idea that this will take place, oh except that is what they said as of this current date. Good luck flaming the next thread.

It's all conjecture at this point, but perhaps some of the concern is well founded, given how the last round of schematics went.

Yes, the schematics for the gold augments drop pretty often from even the story mode of Nathema, but the mats are very rare. You're either looking at running endgame/group content, hoping you please the RNG gods and getting one in a command crate, or paying millions on the GTN for the ingredients for even one augment. It becomes too expensive and time consuming to craft them for your own characters much less sell them IMHO.

If they run the Tier 5 craftable gear the same way, with mats being exceptionally rare and usually only found in the endgame group content, I can see it being a huge problem for a lot of crafters or non-crafting players who want the gear. But since we have no solid information on what they're going to do, and IIRC they already said that the content won't be tuned to Tier 5, it's probably not worth getting upset about.

I'm not willing to pay millions of credits to buy the gold augments or the mats to make them, and I'd imagine many other players do the same thing if the Tier 5 gear is too difficult to craft or too expensive to buy on the GTN: shrug and walk away.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

The trend over gear has gotten easier over the years. - They want to be more inclusive and appeal to every type of player from the casual to the hardcore from the PVe-er to the PvP er and all inbetween.

We have legacy gear now, and there is no distinction between PVE and PVP gear.

I expect the trend will continue. - Yes there may well be a new tier to grind or craft for, and it's a cynical way of making people re-earn what basically they had previously to keep them subbing and logging on.

But there is nothing specific. You'll be told in the end and all comments will be ignored unless there's a bug that shows itself in the new gear loot table.

BW are a business. They're in this to make money. - ticking off a large section of population isn't good business sense.

I would be shocked if this new tier would be a different approach than they took with the new augments: exorbitant requirements for minimal stat increase. Something to get if you can, or perhaps if you're in a progression group that needs just that last extra push for their next boss, but completely free to ignore for most people.

If I am wrong--and I have been wrong, on occasion--then I guess I will see whether the resulting warrants complaining about, to me, but I think there's a very good chance that if you completely disregard the new tier, you will not notice any adverse affect.

Still seems like a silly thing to do. No need for a new tier just like there was no need for new augs. Trying to keep us busy, I guess. Up to you whether you do so.

BW are a business. They're in this to make money. - ticking off a large section of population isn't good business sense.

Neither was launching an unfinished game with a huge amounts of bugs, the Ilum open world pvp fiasco, losing so many subscribers that they had to merge from 100 servers down to less than half (and now having only 5...), launching Shadow Of Revan with a bugged storyline and then leaving for Christmas vacation for 3 weeks without fixing it and barely addressing it, not releasing Operations for 3.5 years after they had literally claimed "never again a year between operations", launching two expansions in a row with an extremely limited multiplayer aspect, and constantly delaying patches, expansions, fixes, etc..... but hey, all these happened.

On topic, I have completed every op in HM (excluding GOTM) but I am not a Nightmare Mode raider, with the exception of a few bosses for achievements. So... why would I care for Tier 5 gear? I don't need it for anything really. And that's why I don't craft the super overpriced and ridiculously hard to attain level 240 augments. Which by the way, are almost the same thing as the 236 augments.

On the other hand..... why would a NiM raider be the target audience for Tier 5 gear?? How completely pointless would it be for the rewards that can give you Tier 5 gear (mats, schematics) to be given to the people that are actually the only ones that don't need them, since they have cleared all the stuff already?!

Bioware has been getting it wrong for years when it comes to gear. The Galactic Command system was the worst way to get gear when it was launched, but at least now it's an alternative source of gear, on top of Operations.

If you can only get Tier 5 gear via completing NiM content, then they negate everything they have done to gearing since 2015.

On one hand I am annoyed with the hysteria revolving around this one sentence, but on the other hand perhaps this is what was needed for the devs to "reconsider."

If people didn't react hysterically, I am afraid they might take reasonable/calm behavior as acceptance and for that I suppose I ought not be so judgmental with those who keep posting these extremely hyperbolic threads on the new incoming gearing changes.

I can't see them creating such a one-dimensional gearing change where the only way you can gear up is via extreme-mode OPs.

As you mention, it's a very tiny fraction of people that even participate in these. Alienating 99% of the players from gearing up would be dumb. Pretty sure they understand that.

do you really have to claim hysteria in his post? He was never hysterical, using a pejorative like this in an attempt to make the poster unstable does not help any discourse. It makes you look like you are trying to attack the poster rather than his ideas.

I agree if things we need to play the game become too expensive for regular players to buy, the gold spammers get a boom in business.

It’s certainly cheaper and easier than buying things on the CM and trying to sell them on the GTN.

New tier 5 schematics and mats hidden behind the most difficult mode of operations. Vast majority of players will not be able to even try to obtain them, not unless we all scurry to the large guilds who specialize in it. The people who consider crafting a major part of the game will be shut out.

The winner will be the very small percentage of players in guilds doing operations and who also craft. They will have a monopoly. I feel for the pvp and rest of the 99% of the gaming population being shut out unless you pay up millions and millions of credits of course.

This also sets CXP on its ear. Crafters and gamers in general would grind it out for the schematics and gear, now it will have very little relevance since mats and schematics for tier 5 will not drop. A tier system that has generated much controversy has just been weakened further.

Yes you are right. Game is changing into money gamble where pvp players will have to spend billions on gear to get competetive gear. Why the heck mats are dropping only from ranked? Why the heck new mats will drop only from hm pve? Why the heck we must play content we dont want to play instead of playing what we want? And in the end if BW wants us to play what they want and need fake number statistics to show that all types of content are "active" to get their poor salary from ea, why this game is still alive? Shut it down for good and let other company to make a game where players can choose what content to play and rewarded same for playing it.

What next, we will have to open utility points by playing uprisings???

See i dont understand why people think that you will be able to sell this gear on the GTN. Bioware says they want to make T5 exclusive to NiM and allowing it to be sold is a terrible idea. Cause forget the economic impact it allows people who can buy credits the ability to indirectly buy BiS gear which is as far as i care p2w. Theres no legit reason for them to allow the gear to be able to be sold on the GTN its probs going to BOL once its crafted.

do you really have to claim hysteria in his post? He was never hysterical, using a pejorative like this in an attempt to make the poster unstable does not help any discourse. It makes you look like you are trying to attack the poster rather than his ideas.

My statement was a generalization of the many threads created that are extremely hyperbolic regarding a gearing change that has not yet even been fully explained.

People are creating threads and making proclamations based on partial information... Why not wait till we understand what all the changes will entail before flying off the rails?

I understand it's en vogue to cast others who don't agree with the mass hysteria narrative as "white knights" or "attackers" but please, don't try to twist what I wrote or the meaning behind it. Don't try to find some hidden interpretation of what I wrote then claim it as a "personal attack."

This is why I hardly even bother writing on these forums now, it's just not worth the silliness.

Exactly Lhancelot! If people don't speak up now, with what limited info we have, it's too late.

Though I understand what he was saying ---> the general theme in the forum threads about the new gear.. not any particular post....... I have to say...the thread title is dripping with hysteria and political memes.

This won't make any 1% trillionaires. I'm not saying that it's not possible to become a trilllionaire (given the client even supports that high a currency balance)... I am simply stating that no single avenue of commerce by any given player will make them a trillionaire. Besides.. once you have 3 or 4 billion in this game... you have reached the point where credits are no worry no matter how much you like to spend.

So.. to the thread topic... NO.. this will not make trillionaires.. and there is no such thing as a 1%er in this game as that is simply a political meme rather then any objective metric.

Beyond this... it's pointless to argue and counter-argue about what the new gear will or will not be, and how the resoruces for it can or cannot be obtained to produce it. We simply do not have enough information yet to really have any sort of discussion based on facts... so.. of course some people immediately go with "the sky is falling" in lieu of. We had one thread that was worthy of some pushback and debate because the OP declared this a P2W event..... and that needs to be pushed back on as most players understand what P2W is and this is not IT.

Edited by Andryah

Though I understand what he was saying ---> the general theme in the forum threads about the new gear.. not any particular post....... I have to say...the thread title is dripping with hysteria and political memes.

This won't make any 1% trillionaires. I'm not saying that it's not possible to become a trilllionaire (given the client even supports that high a currency balance)... I am simply stating that no single avenue of commerce by any given player will make them a trillionaire. Besides.. once you have 3 or 4 billion in this game... you have reached the point where credits are no worry no matter how much you like to spend.

So.. to the thread topic... NO.. this will not make trillionaires.. and there is no such thing as a 1%er in this game as that is simply a political meme rather then any objective metric.

Beyond this... it's pointless to argue and counter-argue about what the new gear will or will not be, and how the resoruces for it can or cannot be obtained to produce it. We simply do not have enough information yet to really have any sort of discussion based on facts... so.. of course some people immediately go with "the sky is falling" in lieu of. We had one thread that was worthy of some pushback and debate because the OP declared this a P2W event..... and that needs to be pushed back on as most players understand what P2W is and this is not IT.

Exactly. I normally don't defend BW, but come on... This is getting ridiculous. The title itself was super-hysterical and hyperbolic, but, that being said... I never "attacked" the poster. That statement really irked me.

As a whole, this thread falls in suit with many of the other unfounded claims and proclamations regarding the new gearing changes, that's what I was pointing out and Andryah obviously you read it as so too.

Nothing I wrote was a personal attack on anyone. :mad:

I believe people are crossing bridges well before we have gotten to them. Just relax, everyone. BW doesn't have a secret agenda to create trillionaires, and I doubt they will make the gearing changes exclusive only to 1% of the game's population.

Exactly. I normally don't defend BW, but come on... This is getting ridiculous. The title itself was super-hysterical and hyperbolic, but, that being said... I never "attacked" the poster. That statement really irked me.

As a whole, this thread falls in suit with many of the other unfounded claims and proclamations regarding the new gearing changes, that's what I was pointing out and Andryah obviously you read it as so too.

Nothing I wrote was a personal attack on anyone. :mad:

I believe people are crossing bridges well before we have gotten to them. Just relax, everyone. BW doesn't have a secret agenda to create trillionaires, and I doubt they will make the gearing changes exclusive only to 1% of the game's population.

I agree. And no.. you did not attack anyone with your comment. You disagreed, and explained why.. but for some in the forum... any disagreement is considered a personal attack. And when presented with detailed explanation of your viewpoint in disagreement, it actually aggravates them and they feel the need to lash out because you presented a coherent disagreement instead of a simply drive by comment without explanation.

There is an unstated message behind all this angst I believe ---> money issues... either in game, or in real life, or both.... where people simply do not apply focus and common sense in any manner that allows them to actually build wealth to buy and enjoy what they want to buy and enjoy. So.. they claim predation and poverty and go off role playing as victim.

I do get that some players see games as just for fun, and do not want to actually plan ahead .. but the reality is they are also for challenge too.. and one challenge common in MMOs is the player economy (if you have any desire to participate in it or what it brings to the in game itemizations and preparations for playing the leading edge of end game content).

Edited by Andryah

I presume they take data, among other things, into account. I imagine the % of their decision coming from hot take, outrage by a small verbal portion of their playerbase is very minimal.