Dread Fortress (NiM) 8-Man World Progression Tracking

Click Here for the Dread Fortress Nightmare Mode 8-Man Progression Tracking Tool

UTC Clock

Alternative UTC Clock

Introduction

It's progression time once again and I'm back with another spreadsheet to track the world class guild's progress and achievements. My name is Fuyri and I have been involved in the running of a 8-man progression tracking system since 2.0 and am providing a similar system for Nightmare Dread Fortress. This time I'll also be working with Lacedaemon of "Drop it like it's Hoth" as I may not be availiable for the next wave of progression and he will be able to take over then.

There have been a few changes to how the spreadsheet works which can be viewed below.

There are also some improvements to the summary page to give better recognition to the world first kills on each boss aswell as the top guilds in each region.

Emergency Rules

Due to a known PTS bug on Brontes there is a requirement that you provide video proof of your kill. If this bug on live is fixed then I will remove this requirement. Two weeks after the first video verified kill has been made I will remove this requirement.

How the tracking tool works

1. For killing a boss you gain a set 100 points (200 for the final boss). This only requires a basic screenshot verification to be granted.

2. Bosses also have a bonus of up to 500 points (1000 points for the final boss). The world first kill will be granted this maximum. This requires a full time stamp screenshot verification to be granted.

3. After a boss has been killed a timer will start, this will decrease the value of bonus points (halving the value every 7 days). While these points are rounded for viewing purposes the spreadsheet does have fractions of points that ensure no two kills score identically and these fractions can add up to an extra point or two in the totals section.

4. With the speed run returning for NiM this has been included for a base of 100 points and a bonus 100 points that decrease over time from the first kill (halving every 2 weeks).

Verifying boss kills

There are two levels of verification, I recommend everyone follows Time Stamp Verification in order to fully verify their kill and receive a 100% of the points.

Basic Verification

This will only allow you to recieve the base points for any kills.

Take a Screenshot including all the following:

• The nightmare achievement (in chat or in the acheievment window).
  • The difficulty of the instance (via loot, achievement or instance setting).
  • The group/guild that made the kill (not required but will help avoid any disputes).

Full Time Stamp Verification

For this you requre everything from basic verification in addition to the following:

Other UTC clocks may be accepted, may be rejected or may be penalised with a time penalty. Do not risk using any other UTC clocks.

Here is an example of a Full Time Stamp Verification Screenshot from Drop it like it's Hoth's World First NiM TFB kill of Dread Guards. Please do your best to ensure all verification screenshots follow that example.

How to take a Time Stamp Verification Screenshot:

1. Ensure the game client is in Fullscreen (Windowed) mode. This can be set in the Preferences/Graphics menu
  2. Click the UTC Clock link here and set the browser window to a size of your preference.
  3. Drag UTC time-stamp window over the SWTOR Client window and position it appropriately.
  4. On your keyboard, hit CTRL+Print Screen to capture your entire Desktop to your clipboard.
  5. In MS Paint, paste the contents of the clipboard (the captured image). Save the image.
  6. Alternatively, you can use screen capturing software like SnagIt or Snipping Tool. Snipping Tool is included in Windows 7.

Penalties for not providing the required information:

• You need a screenshot of the achievement or kill to get placed on the spreadsheet. No screenshot, no recognition.
  • A Basic Screenshot will allow you to get the base points for a boss but a Full Time Stamp Screenshot is required to get all availiable points.
  • Using a UTC clock not listed will be jugded with our discression and may be accepted, rejected or given a time penalty.
  • No calculating times based from delayed screenshots. If you take a late screenshot of the Achievement + UTC clock, your kill will be verified but the time recorded will be what's shown by the UTC Clock in the screenshot, not what time the Achievement says.
  • To claim a world first kill you must have a Full Time Stamp Screenshot.

Posting your kills

Include the following items in your post:

1. Guild Name
  2. Guild Website (If you have one)
  3. Server
  4. Region
  5. A link to the verification screenshot for each boss you have defeated.

Final Words

This thread is meant for posting progress so please keep it clean. If you have any questions/conserns/comments feel free to send me a PM and I'll respond as soon as possible.

Spread the word, the more who take part the better this will be.

Good luck to you all and have fun.

Edited by insaneric

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just a quick question, are we asking at least for video kills to verificate brontes kills? the fight is hard, but we all know theres a way to "cheese" and kill it without the last phase being so hard, we dont know if it is fixed or intended either. we don't like doing that kind of mechanics, but meh some people will probably just want the first regardless of the way, so i would like a clarification so everyone is on the same page here. Corrupter zero could enter in this discussion too, but since pts was so easy we dont know what they fixed for live.

Question again:

Will we require Brontes video if we know the "easy" last phase strat is doable on live? or just giving to anyone that kills?

Thanks

Edited by Carlenux

just a quick question, are we asking at least for video kills to verificate brontes kills? the fight is hard, but we all know theres a way to "cheese" and kill it without the last phase being so hard, we dont know if it is fixed or intended either. we don't like doing that kind of mechanics, but meh some people will probably just want the first regardless of the way, so i would like a clarification so everyone is on the same page here. Corrupter zero could enter in this discussion too, but since pts was so easy we dont know what they fixed for live.

Question again:

Will we require Brontes video if we know the "easy" last phase strat is doable on live? or just giving to anyone that kills?

Thanks

I would rather people do it the right way and post a video imo it's the fairest way. It's not just whoever gets there first and cheeses it wins. It's obviously up to whoever's hosting it though ;)

Edited by Mazanator

as it has not yet been explicitly stated in the rules, the lesser known guild <we skip on hard mode> is planning on cheesing brontes like a fine gouda for world first. see you kidz on the leaderboardz.

So I'm generally against video verification but as there's a known cheese/bug I'm going to put a rule in place that for Brontes ONLY you require video proof of your kill. Please bear in mind that if the fight has been reworked so you have to kill it as intended I will remove this but that will be based off what is on live. Also after two weeks have past since the first kill I will remove the requirement of video verification.

I have made a reddit post to advertise this thread and will also make posts on server group forums.

Any help sharing details of this progression tracking will be greatly appreciated.

I would rather people do it the right way and post a video imo it's the fairest way. It's not just whoever gets there first and cheeses it wins. It's obviously up to whoever's hosting it though ;)

oh hey its kind of nice to post something and having people agree with me :D but yeah like you said. i won't ask for required stream or anything (because i think that's lame) but when someone post a brontes kill, have to have a video/stream verification in the following week to stay in the leaderboards, Hopefully mister Fuyri agrees with us here :).

Also if someone forgets to record it like it could happen, we could ask for Combat logs of the fight and pretty sure if we have multiple people verifying it, we can notice if it was done the right way or not.

However this depends on what changes they did from pts to live, but like i said, we need to set the rules before starting so everyone that wants to be part of "this thread" are on the same page :D

EDIT: **** i posted it right after fuyri posted it lolol... however that's great job there, i agree with the verification on Brontes only. good luck everyone tomorrow have fun :D

Edited by Carlenux

Added this:

Emergency Rules

Due to a known PTS bug on Brontes there is a requirement that you provide video proof of your kill. If this bug on live is fixed then I will remove this requirement. Two weeks after the first video verified kill has been made I will remove this requirement.

If anyone wants to write/link a guide on how to make a video of a kill that would also be appreciated however I imagine there's someone who can manage it in each guild.

Disciples of Babylon have downed 4/5. Images will come in a bit. EDIT: Already up.

Now, time for some raging. Bioware, do you not respect the userbase that thrive on end-game pve challenges? I was disappointed on the pts with the challenge of the bosses, but I thought it was simply your way of saying that you wanted us to test the mechanics of the bosses. The real challenge would come when 2.7 hit live. Perhaps some more HP or lower enrage timer + harder hitting bosses and adds. None of those points are present. This is a complete pisstake, Bioware. Dps have no challenge whatsoever. Nefra is about moving her at intervals, Draxus raid coordination, Grob mostly tanks and CZ is just a joke. He jumps a bit more, that's pretty much it. Brontes will be the only challenge. Guilds will hopefully be stuck on her for some time, but you should have made it so we were stuck on all bosses for some time. Clearing 4/5 in a matter of hours? What a joke.

Edited by Xenphon

The Chandrian

http://chandriangaming.enjin.com

The Shadowlands

US-Eastern

Nefra - http://i.imgur.com/uxqmZWs.jpg

Draxus - http://i.imgur.com/C1NzTJm.jpg

Grob - http://i.imgur.com/WZheUqP.jpg

Zero - http://i.imgur.com/9GXnH7h.jpg

Zero alternate - http://i.imgur.com/XXVq4jk.jpg

If anything else is required feel free to let me know. Good luck to everyone on Brontes