Opinions on best looking armor?

PhantomAnton

What armor sets (orange preferably) have people found to be good looking in their exploration, and where did you find them? I'm having a tough time finding a robe set that I like on my Sith Sorc, and TORHead doesn't seem to have screenshots of most gear, nor do they have 3D models yet.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoy the 'Supreme Inquisitor' set (which i have now all the pieces) has it has the cloak and pants look. I can post SS later, I'm at work now and I can't, but I'm sure it'll be short lived as we shall be doing Op's soon and the gear I'm sure will be replaced.

I keep a lot of orange pieces in the bank trying to find a good combination, not there yet.

Also do you guys know where to find orange belts and bracers for sorcs? I have seen saber marshal stuff listed on sites but never see it on GTN and have no idea how to get it myself, thanks.

My SI is still wearing the Orange Robe drop from the Black Talon, since I haven't found one I like the look of better. I just keep swapping the mods out.

Edit: I haven't managed to find a set of Orange lower robes that match it well, though. So I look a little funky right now.

Edited by DarthDemens

Is there any look a like helm to that kalligs helm? (also orange)

i vendord it without thinking and later got to the idea that you can keep upgrading it by changing mods in and out. Since armor doesn't matter that much to a sorc

I keep a lot of orange pieces in the bank trying to find a good combination, not there yet.

Also do you guys know where to find orange belts and bracers for sorcs? I have seen saber marshal stuff listed on sites but never see it on GTN and have no idea how to get it myself, thanks.

I got some orange bracers as a random world drop on (I think) Balmorra. Haven't found or seen any schematics for them yet nor do I know of any vendors selling orange bracers (maybe endgame, but none so far, and I'm just past Quesh)

i vendord it without thinking and later got to the idea that you can keep upgrading it by changing mods in and out. Since armor doesn't matter that much to a sorc

Armor rating also is dependant on the armor mod, so orange gear is only as good as the armor mod you put in. That said I fear Kallig's helm might be a unique piece and the only way to get it back may be contacting support and hoping they feel like helping you (which judging by how helpful support has been so far probably means you gotta dance naked in the moonlight to summon the favor of some ancient deity in hopes of getting help)

Strangely enough, I like the look of the simple black robe.

Top: The orange robe from Black Talon

Bottom: The low-level crafted orange. It's like level 15 or something.

There's just something cool to me when I'm in a group and everyone looks all flashy and there I am, not needing to show off. ;)

I'm pretty sure I saw an identical helm that was level 50, not sure if it was PvP or crafted.

I enjoy the 'Supreme Inquisitor' set (which i have now all the pieces) has it has the cloak and pants look. I can post SS later, I'm at work now and I can't, but I'm sure it'll be short lived as we shall be doing Op's soon and the gear I'm sure will be replaced.

This set looks godly. It is crafted apparently, so I will have to keep an eye out on the GTN.

Many thanks for the suggestions folks - keep 'em coming. :cool:

This is my current armor, I rather like it:

http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/3470/screenshot2011123107073.jpg

I'm not sure where I got most of it, since I tend to keep a rabid eye on the GTN, buying any items that look cool as I go. I know the chestpiece is from Corellia commendations, though. The items are:

Helm: Ultratech Stalker's Headgear

Chest: Primeval Battlemind's Vestments

Gloves: Gloves of Dark Delirium

Belt: Saber Marshall's Waistwrap

Legs: Dark Acolyte's Lower Robe

Boots: Traditional Vine Silk Boots

On a side note, if you're searching the GTN for oranges, many of them are not properly flagged as being in the prototype/custom category. You'll find a LOT more if you just search all rather than filtering by type. Yes, that gives you like 80 pages to flip through, but it's quick, since you're just looking for a particular color. If you sort by level descending (click the level label at the top, may need to twice), many of them will show up at the beginning regardless of level.

I've been using the Traditional Lashaa Silk Vestment. Sadly, the legs are MIA, I think the heroic quest that used to reward them (Glitch, Nar Shaddaa) is bugged and just gives droid parts now. I've seen NPCs wearing them but never players.

I'm playing my sorc pure light side...and I'm wondering if there are any Jedi like stuff that sorcs can get a hold of. I like the look of most of the hooded robes...a lot of the mask I'm finding in my 40s now seem really ugly.

I'm trying to find the red and black, shoulders and hood look like Zash wears. I have the same model, but they are a purple/black with red trim, and don't quite look the way I'd want.

Any idea what armor has that look and where I can find it?

Thanks all

Edited by Tokotsi