Need Help for getting Rating 304 above mod

From what I understand, it's now a 'step' progression from 270 up. You basically have to keep playing, keep recieving enemy drops, renown crates, even Conquest crates, and you'll get gear from your present step and occasionally your next step up.

If I remember correctly, the steps are on the even numbers, so you should be getting gear rated 280 shortly, just equip it and keep going until you can trade up to 282 is really all I can advise.

Well, that and crafting and deconstructing things like armorings/hilts/barrels (whichever is applicable to your character) and Mods and Enhancements, learning new schematics and working up your gear rating that way, but that's more time and material expensive...

The only thing to remember is that drops from ordinary foes in the world don't go above 276, maybe 278 if you're really lucky. To get beyond there:

* Renown crates sometimes drop above your current rating, but never more than the next higher even number (280 if you're at 278 or 279, that sort of thing).

* Various weekly / chapter / etc. reward crates drop gear.

* Flashpoint and Ops bosses drop gear that's supposed to be at least as good as your current average.

* The vendor in the centre-rear of the second-to-last bay on the Fleet "Supplies" section sells gear that will be the next-higher even number, guaranteed, until you reach 306. Always replace your *lowest* piece if you're using this vendor.

And of course you should deconstruct anything 270+ that isn't good enough to help you - you get Tech Frags for that, and that vendor I mentioned sells gear for those.

And, as usual, don't neglect the 'left side' - earpiece, implants and relics. They will contribute to your overall iRating.

And they are, ironically enough, some of the hardest things to upgrade since they don't come as frequently as other equipment. For those, I DEFINITELY recommend visiting the vendor in the fleet and purchasing an "Unidentified (Item)", even if just to bring your gear rating up.

(True story; I had a Trooper, max-level, but only mid-Chapter One Class Story, all the rest of their equipment was 270 or better, but they only had the 178 'Yavin' Relics - I went to the vendor and bought a pair of Unidentified Relics and their total rating jumped from 258 or so up to 275, just by replacing those two items.)

(True story; I had a Trooper, max-level, but only mid-Chapter One Class Story, all the rest of their equipment was 270 or better, but they only had the 178 'Yavin' Relics - I went to the vendor and bought a pair of Unidentified Relics and their total rating jumped from 258 or so up to 275, just by replacing those two items.)

What I would recommend to others in this situation is, if you have enough Ossus reputation, go to Ossus and visit the gear vendors there. Buy 252- or 258-rated replacements the "weak" pieces from the vendor, equip them, bounce back to the Fleet and *then* visit the gear-piece vendor. The initial gear you buy from the vendor to replace the Ossus gear will be stronger because of your higher iRating, and you then refund the gear pieces you bought from the Ossus vendors...

EDIT: if you don't have enough Ossus rep, but you do have a relevant crafter (Artifice for Relics, Cyber for Ear, Biochem for Implants), and can knock out the requires-65 220-blue or requires-66 228-purple (or even something better) items, do that.

Edited by SteveTheCynic