Why nerf LI?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neither was EC SM.

However, not everyone has advanced skills like "move out of giant blue balls of lightning", so in order to merge it to tier 1 changes had to be made.

Edited by Aurojiin

It wasn't hard

HM LI was nerfed again? I got that done the morning it came out in 1.2 with a few wipes on each boss, but after we learned the mechanics, it became a cakewalk even in Columi gear.

My guess is that it was nerfed again, because it will no longer be a flashpoint at the level cap, so it will be basically there for lvl 50 characters to get easy leveling gear.

Edited by bbare

Because, believe it or not (I am shocked by this)...

Some people think it's too hard! D:

It's pants, needed to be scaled to 55 AND made harder, if nothing else, to troll the 55's that couldn't do it at 50.

It's a shame really, cause this, along with Kaon, were the only flashpoint I actually enjoyed doing, and Lost Island the only one the posed a minor challenge

I am going to make a wild guess here, Bioware understood maybe half a year ago that their "Tier 2" flashpoints would never be completed since they have F2P, Cartel Market and other stuff to work at (2.0 as well ofc!). They thus nerfed down LI to the level of all the other flashpoints, FE, BoI and all the other Tier 1, so when 2.0 hits the servers they can put LI at the Tier 1 bracket and then add the new flashpoints that are for lvl 55 to the Tier 2.

I see no other reason for Bioware to nerf LI.

I argued against this over a 6-month period of time in a 40-page thread.

I lost.

My favorite flashpoint has been nerfed.

Prediction: Some player in full Akanian/Black Market will come to the forum 2 months from now and complain that Lost Island is too hard.

Edited by Khevar

I thought they only scaled back the damage from the fire that shoots up from the ground when you're fighting the droid? Was there something else I missed?

I always thought this was a simple FP. My first time Tanking it there were no wipes. My first time healing it there were no wipes. But since that time I've been in horrible groups who didn't know:

A. Run away from the circle on the ground (Also move it away from everyone else if possible)

B. SavRak smash gives you a big indicator....It says hes about to smash! So run and hug his nuts!!! It's amazing how many people die from just that.

C. Try to avoid stealth around the droids...it drives them nuts and they will pull you to them even if it's in the middle of another mob.

D. Dr Lorrick throws bombs and shoots goo all over the ground. Stay behind him for the bombs because they stack and keep moving so you don't get stuck in goo.

Until I figured it out, I thought LI was wayyy easier than Kaon. Kaon is a breeze now too but I still have the turret fight ...it's long as crap and you don't get better loot drops after wasting 5 minutes or more just shooting Raks!!

I argued against this over a 6-month period of time in a 40-page thread.

I lost.

My favorite flashpoint has been nerfed.

Prediction: Some player in full Akanian/Black Market will come to the forum 2 months from now and complain that Lost Island is too hard.

Yea I fought hard in that thread as well but it was a lost battle from the start :(

I think a big part of it is because 50 is no longer the level cap. Currently HM LI is hard enough to require a decent gear grind. Unless you are really good, attempting it in less than full Columi is asking for trouble. Granted, level 50 hard modes are going to be dropping BH gear now, but without the starter set of endgame gear, getting your character fully geared is still going to take a while. That was ok when you just sat at the level cap, but now you will keep leveling up. If the gear grind takes too long, you will simply outlevel the content before you can attempt it.

Basically, my guess is that they want it to remain doable for Level 50 characters, but now that you will keep leveling up, they have to reduce the gear requirements.

Edited by Delta_V

I have no problem with it being nerfed, but then I don't hang out in guilds of augmented perfected gear. I run PuG regularly, and spend most of my time solo. It never popped often enough for me to actually learn HOW to play it, and seemed too complex for the average GF gang to even attempt.

When I can't tell whether it's gear or skill that makes something impossible, it's a suggestion I go find something else to do. Hence, why I still have battlemaster instead of war hero on my PVP alts.

all the opinions suggesting that the nerf is because LI is becoming obsolete are correct even for me..but it was really a nice break to the tier1 content and a training ground for operations..i mean, tier 1 bossess don't have a mechanic or at least you can fight them and survive easily until you figure it out.

then it was the funniest pug thing..people raging, quitting, a real ocean of tears!

i'll miss those runs when ,while tanking the droid, i can enjoy the sight of the group wiping, the mighty double bladed guy tunnel visioning and dropping the lightning globe right on my ***, the healer panicking while i move the droid on a side to avoid the globe and then, the death by the taunted adds(i'd never dare to let them to the dps :-)).

and as a healer sav-rak: omg what are they doing!!??

good bye LI :(

Had a few guildmates fail to clear this a few days ago. They are in Black Hole/Campaign/Dreadguar/Rakata. Way over geared for it. And when I PuG, people are usually much much worse. I'm guessing majority of players couldn't complete it. I healed it in Tionese/Recruit the day I dinged 50. My guild also wasn't able to get past Toth and Zorn until they nerfed EC SM and then couldn't get past Toth and Zorn on EC HM without the Toth tactic and they ended up never getting past the tanks. But like I said, they are still better than 99.9% of people I PuG with that I throw straight on my ignore list after every run. Just goes to show how big a skill discrepancy there is in this game. Not everyone is as exceptional as you or me and it would be in BioWare's best interest to take that into account.

I am going to make a wild guess here, Bioware understood maybe half a year ago that their "Tier 2" flashpoints would never be completed since they have F2P, Cartel Market and other stuff to work at (2.0 as well ofc!). They thus nerfed down LI to the level of all the other flashpoints, FE, BoI and all the other Tier 1, so when 2.0 hits the servers they can put LI at the Tier 1 bracket and then add the new flashpoints that are for lvl 55 to the Tier 2.

I see no other reason for Bioware to nerf LI.

Just a note - HM LI can hardly be nerfed "to the level of all the other flashpoints", because even SM LI is quite harder than HM Black Talon, Boarding Party or Foundry IMO. Other than that I agree.

I was more difficult than many ops.

and most people simply couldn't clear it.

No it wasn't. If someone actually believes LI was harder than ops then he is getting carried in said ops. :rolleyes:

You can't tell me someone is clearing tfb sm and failing in LI.

Edited by invertioN

Horrible news. I like the increased challenge with LI, it was the one flashpoint I actually enjoyed doing. The rest I practically fell asleep doing and barely take any notice of them....

This.

The last nerf was perfect. Warning for who was getting the lightning ball, tank can't spend interrupt by accident. Perfect rebalance.

I'll admit dodging Lorik's charges was glitchy. Often you were well to the side of him and still got a charge, sometimes you were right in front of him when he chucked it and it missed you.

No it wasn't. If someone actually believes LI was harder than ops then he is getting carried in said ops. :rolleyes:

You can't tell me someone is clearing tfb sm and failing in LI.

I've seen it happen, believe what you like but LI needed a nerf and I am happy it got one.

I've seen it happen, believe what you like but LI needed a nerf and I am happy it got one.

The thing is, when I've personally brought players through HM LI that used to think like you did, they

a) Realized it wasn't as bad as they thought, and

b) Became better at doing ops.

The players that "needed" the nerf are going to need nerfs on EC, TfB, S/V and anything that comes after. It's just a cascading rain of mediocrity. Why bother to get better?

This one was really disappointing for me. LI was by far my favourite flash point, and I particularly enjoyed pugging and completing it with people who had never finished it before. It was always really nice when those players realised that it wasn't as hard as everyone made it out to be.

Seems like a waste of resources now, but maybe one day we can get a scaled to 55 NiM version. :)

Edited by Fiamma_Verde

The thing is, when I've personally brought players through HM LI that used to think like you did, they

a) Realized it wasn't as bad as they thought, and

b) Became better at doing ops.

The players that "needed" the nerf are going to need nerfs on EC, TfB, S/V and anything that comes after. It's just a cascading rain of mediocrity. Why bother to get better?

I cleared it before, and I still thought it needed it.