Patch Notes are just a joke

ChazzyJazz

Well, there are so many bugs in the game, especially the bug, that sith corruption turns sometimes on, sometimes off after I attend a new area and many many graphic glitches. The patch notes are 80% useless stuff and seriously? A test server for this little tiny patch? what the ...

Seriously, the game just came out on the 20th! Give BioWare some credit. This is the first game launch I have ever seen that has gone quite smooth.

Be thankful for what you have. They have a lot of work ahead of them, and the game has only been out for 5 days.

BW will have worked out a system of triage for bug fixes and the more serious ones will be taken care of outside the usual patching process, just make sure you check on dev tracker to see what those are and if they apply to you.

the patch will likely deal with less immediate patch requirements and more serious one that would be difficult to implement whilst the servers are up.

check the class forums and customer service forums for issues similar to yours to find out if it is public knowledge. If you've sent of logs and information about your issue to BW already then they are likely aware and will resolve your issue.

they likely care about the game as much as the fans. If you have seen no response from BW don't fret, as long as you have notified them with a ticket to the issue, they will know about it.

Well, there are so many bugs in the game, especially the bug, that sith corruption turns sometimes on, sometimes off after I attend a new area .

LMAO, you're joking, right? You consider a pointless COSMETIC bug so serious you post complaining about it?

Sad.

LMAO, you're joking, right? You consider a pointless COSMETIC bug so serious you post complaining about it?

Sad.

What's sad is that you're flaming someone for posting about a BUG in the game.

I happen to have a character whose appearance I quite like, however the Show Sith Corruption bug (which re-enables it every time you go through a load screen) ruins that appearance entirely.

If you don't mind cosmetic problems, then perhaps you'll allow those of us who do, to fully create your characters appearance for you, that way you have little-to-no say in what you look like (which is the net result of the SSC bug).

For those of us who DO care about what we look like, the bug is fixable (though you have to do it EVERY time you hit a load screen). You have to go back into preferences, turn it off, apply, turn it on, apply, turn it off, apply.

While I can agree that a cosmetic bug can ruin immersion, atmosphere, and personal taste, that isn't what I would call high-priority, needs-to-be-fixed-now, game-breaking, can't-keep-playing kind of a bug.

In contrast, the bug that a large group of the player base is dealing with, where they can't use Guild/Party/Ops chat (yes, it affects Ops too, just had it myself last night, in an Ops group to kill Trapjaw on Tatooine), IS a big issue, that needs to be fixed. That is a large chunk of in-game communication functionality, that isn't working, period, for a large volume of players.

Which would you see as being more vital to fix ASAP? Hell, when I was still using Qyzen, I had to disable his EMP Blast every load screen, every time I used a taxi service or my own vehicle. So, wanna talk annoying? (Reason for disabling: I am a Shadow, and Mind Mazing 1 target, he fights too close and breaks the CC). Similarily, my sister has dealt with the issue of Corso turning his Grappling Line back on, in the exact same manner. These are gameplay bugs more than your Sith Corruption issue, which is, in all regards, strictly cosmetic, and aside from RP-wise, has no impact on gameplay or performance of the game at all.

It takes a lot for me to go out of my way to comment on these forums, its gotta be a really stupid forum post.

That said, do you understand how patch notes work? You don't get all the notes at once, you get them as they impliment the fixes. Check back over the next few weeks and see the patch notes get bigger and bigger. Stop being part of the problem and complaining just to complain.

What's sad is that you're flaming someone for posting about a BUG in the game.

I happen to have a character whose appearance I quite like, however the Show Sith Corruption bug (which re-enables it every time you go through a load screen) ruins that appearance entirely.

If you don't mind cosmetic problems, then perhaps you'll allow those of us who do, to fully create your characters appearance for you, that way you have little-to-no say in what you look like (which is the net result of the SSC bug).

For those of us who DO care about what we look like, the bug is fixable (though you have to do it EVERY time you hit a load screen). You have to go back into preferences, turn it off, apply, turn it on, apply, turn it off, apply.

Theres a right way to post a bug and a wrong way, The OP decided to vent, rather than explain what his issue is and let them take it from there, so he earned his flame.

They could have at least fixed Sith Corruption... at the very frikkin least!

there are much major issues going on than a cosmetic bug, they have said they have a priority system, they know about the bugs but they are working on the ones that are on an emergency level.

it's the smoothest MMO release I've ever seen, only minour and ridiculous UI and graphic glitches, and you somehow get mad about it ?

why don't you just buy yourself a DeLorean and go back in March of this year, tryin' RIFT's release... that was **** and real hardcore bugs. why don't you go try FFXIV's release, that was the biggest pile of dump in MMO History.

WoW has massive issues at every single *********** expansion packs, SWTOR bugs are ginger ale compared to anything I've seen.

I'm still patiently waiting for the Guardian and Jugg revamp.

class balance is not a glitch, I do agree with you however.

I think the game lacks low level mounts, everybody has the same... but that's not a bug, we'll just need to wait patch 1.1 to get new content and class balancing.

see nothing about them fixing cc they don't fix cc this game fails that simple they don't let u choice the warfront this game fails that simple.

could you please extrapolate this statement, its err rather short? ;) Ive not noticed problems with cc yet whats wrong with it?

Also i dissagree with the reasoning behind this game failing, if warzone choices are not implemented.

Although I also would like to see some choice in which warzone you may play.

Edited by timowade

The patch notes are 80% useless stuff and seriously? A test server for this little tiny patch? what the ...

The test server is not just for this tiny patch my friend its there to stay and help us serious bug finders make the game more enjoyable for everyone. so just ti clarify the test server was LAUNCHED this patch but wont dissapear.

Ive not noticed problems with cc yet whats wrong with it?

realy ? most people are complaining they are getting stunlocked to death and u havent noticed it ? what game are you playing ? are you sure its swtor ? have u even leveled above than lvl 30 to encounter world pvp ? and have you done any pvp at all ? at least on my server every single warzone no matter at what time of the day or night you que you will see more than 4 sith inquisitors and yeah u will get stunlocked to death

/fix pvp

Edited by Lokits