Just returning to check out the game.

OddballEasyEight

Hi all!

I've been gone a while, but I'm going back to finish off some of the class storylines that I never got to finish back in the day, and my question is this:

As a solo player, who's basically only playing this game for the story, how are the new expansions? I got into the game with the KotFE expansion but then I left again.

Lots of story has been added, it seems, but does it hold muster? Or is it just kinda "meh"?

/Chakra Kusanagi

Edited by OddballEasyEight

Trending good but really September is the payoff, of where we see if Keith's vision for the game is going to work.

Let's just say I've been out of the loop here... what's Keith's vision?

EDIT: Wait... I think I recognize your name... didn't we argue a lot on the forums back in the day? :D

Edited by OddballEasyEight

Hi all!

I've been gone a while, but I'm going back to finish off some of the class storylines that I never got to finish back in the day, and my question is this:

As a solo player, who's basically only playing this game for the story, how are the new expansions? I got into the game with the KotFE expansion but then I left again.

Lots of story has been added, it seems, but does it hold muster? Or is it just kinda "meh"?

/Chakra Kusanagi

The story since you left has gotten quite a mixed review from players. If you liked KotFE you will likely like the rest of it.

Personally, I thought FE/ET had some good parts, some bad parts and a lot of meh in between. The story arc just after FE/ET where they tried to mush story into group content was a low point for the game. Ossus (Jedi Under Siege) was a tentative step in a better direction, but a lot depends on where they go from there.

That is exactly how I felt about FE, so I think I'll trust your judgement then.

About that group content, is it soloable at all?

There's a series of flashpoints, in sort of the same way as the Forged Alliances ones that lead up to Rishi. They are all soloable, although they don't have the God Bot.

Bizarrely, they all have four modes:

* [sOLO] advances the story and includes cinematics with what would otherwise be major spoilers.

* [sTORY] is for solo players but does not advance the story, and has a key person in those cinematics replaced by an anonymous masked figure.

* [VETERAN] is the equivalent of [VETERAN] for any other FP in the game ("tactical" non-trinity group)

* [MASTER] is full trinity hard mode.

And no, I don't have the names of [sOLO] and [sTORY] backwards. [sOLO] is for when you're playing the story and [sTORY] is for when you want to play a solo FP.

I had played through chapter 9 of KOTFE years ago. Came back a month ago or so.

I enjoyed KOTET more than KOTFE. Love a particular Sith Emp. The traitor arc was fine. I LOVED Jedi Under Siege -OSSUS! I need a lot more of Major Anri <3

Really looking forward to the Sept expansion!

Edited by DarthArturus

I had played through chapter 9 of KOTFE years ago. Came back a month ago or so.

I enjoyed KOTET more than KOTFE. Love a particular Sith Emp. The traitor arc was fine. I LOVED Jedi Under Siege -OSSUS! I need a lot more of Major Anri <3

Really looking forward to the Sept expansion!

I just checked yesterday, and the latest e-mail I got in-game was 700+ days ago... so I've been gone for a while too :)

Looking forward to going through the new storylines (and the old ones too)