6.0 Expansion. Huge dissapointment.

Gushteranin

KOTFE was the best thing that happened to this game. Every month new chapter= people stayed around more. It moved from this fking rep-imp overplayed **** and real effort was put into it. Gearing was the best part of it. Sure the story suffered towards the end and I didn't like KOTET end at all, but KOTET also had it moments. Umbara sh, Manaan sh and Rishi sh. Galactic COmmand was trash, but later it became ok. And that bolster in pvp was nice at start of it.

As far as this 6.0 goes...when they had that Jedi Under Siege and I saw Malgus I lost any interest in this game. Only subbed, so I got free Nautolan race...which itself is a joke.

And people seem to miss main thing of this 6.0...it's not sotry....it's gearing and these new items,etc.....even though story should be really good...it hasn't been good in a long time. Who's at fault here...BW? Lucasfilm?Who knows....

Edited by Collec

Gearing..are you kidding me. Gearing IS not based on your spec. Not from what i have seen. i have lost 10% to shield rating. 20% to absorb. and almost 30 to crit rating. They totally Dont know what a dark spec needs to solo.

The story line was a bit short.

They delayed this patch so they cud make sure more crap was bad i guess. Being lvl 75 is just funny. Raising the level means crap when your stats go to less than when you where 70.

Malgus is here just to sell cartel armor set.

Edited by onidakken
silly thoughts

At the risk of angering the powers that be, I am someone who is very pro EA. So to say I am an EA fanboy is a big understatement.

With that out of the way, I am rating this expansion 2 out of 5 stars. Also, nice spoiler EA gave me by having kira and scourge gear in my characters inventory before they were even revealed after completing the corellia flashpoint. I don't know if that was intended or not and thank god I recognized the lightsaber hilt that the "mysterious sith" had on him.

I forgot people just rush into expansions ignoring the world around them. The whole 6.0 expansion for me took at least 6/7 hours mainly because I explored and took in then beauty of Onderon abandoning and spent like 25 minutes trying to find my way around Mek-Sha.

Overall I would rate it a 4/5 stars.

People need to remember that they had to only invest in one storyline for the previous 2 expansions while Onslaught has about 2 (well technically 4).

Edited by UltraFlashStar

Naturally the expansion content was a bit too short. size like in Nathema conspiracy. I Believe 6.0 is a forshadow for oncoming story and changes.

i like the idea of the new plot. im curious, if my beloved villain will return in physical form.

still wondering if they plan to bring Darth Jadus back. his knowlegde of the Emperor's plans, not to mention that he was labelled as 'Second, after the Emperor', showhs that he is very powerful and capable of plotting against the Galaxy.

I forgot people just rush into expansions ignoring the world around them. The whole 6.0 expansion for me took at least 6/7 hours mainly because I explored and took in then beauty of Onderon abandoning and spent like 25 minutes trying to find my way around Mek-Sha.

Overall I would rate it a 4/5 stars.

People need to remember that they had to only invest in one storyline for the previous 2 expansions while Onslaught has about 2 (well technically 4).

Even if you don't rush it, quality isn't gonna change. I only did 1st planet yesterday and still didn't do 2nd one. Mainly there's no interest in story from me.

If this was 5.11 or 5.13...whatever number it was on, people wouldn't mind it that much. But since this is 6.0 it's natural to expect something more and better. There's nothing worthy to stay subbed for months and months now.

Also on topic of planets....Tatooine is beautiful planet and it's HUGE. But there's nothing to do. All that wast empty space and that's all thatit is. Same with the rest of planets. Only real value have strongholds. There you can admire,what they did alot more.

If I rate it I give it 1/5. Trash story, Nautolans are joke, not even gonna bother with gear. That 1 is for legacy mat inventory. Sure with time 6.0 will get more stuff....but those are months and months away. I am rating it as it is now....empty trash.

Edited by Collec

Maybe it took you only 2 hours of play, but I assure you, for others of us it takes much longer.

Plus I thoroughly enjoyed FINALLY being able to play the HK-55 chapter (I had unsubbed for about a year due to financial circumstances: I was a sub beforehand for about 2 years, and then when I got back to it when my financial circumstances improved, and have subbed ever since.) The Zo-om companion is worth it just for the dialogue :-)

So far, I'm enjoying taking my time going thru the story on my primary character on one of the servers (I'm an alt-aholic, I play on all the servers) and depending on how the story goes, I'll decide which other characters I'll take through. Playing right now with my LS Bounty Hunter who sided with Empire (She's Mandolorian first and foremost though- but she doesn't necessarily follow what the Sith wish (her story in vanilla reflected that). She sided with the Empire because that's what the Vindicated originally did, and like the Mando in the Raven storyline on DK, she thinks it more a challenge to fight Jedi.

I do intend to take my LS IA agent thru too and see how the story differs. (he's saboteur- has been since agent storyline in chapter 3), and take one of my darkside sith thru as well. Then, I'll have to try the pub side :-)

I like the variety, what can I say?

So I definitely disagree with the original poster, I enjoy the new expansion, although I am still disappointed that you don't have a third option, to forego both sides and take jobs from whomever will pay (similar to how you can take jobs from both sides on Iokath). Because I can definitely see one of my smugglers as saying "to hell with the both of you, I'm going to work with the Hutts…"

6.0 Expansion. Huge disappointment. i spent over 1000 dollars on my account and cartel gear i have grinned this game sens launch then along came 6.0 where the development totally screw me and all hardcore player over for the kids great work Disney you dame %#&%¤%#&"%"&%"%&"/"#Q%¤&" when it is we the hardcore player that have money and job to pay for cartel gear and so on but in the 6.0 we set who the development remove the set bonus gear and also reset the grind we had made all the way to 300 legacy bonus point tank's Dev i hate you for that then thy bring back old **** gear that we don't want and add set bonus to this so the kid's don't feel back because thy cant have the news cartel gear and put set bonus in to them again we get screw but not before the dev and mouse are don thy made all gear look as cartons as thy can so it looks safe SJW at is fines the same goes for all parts that are us in recipes to sum it up 6.0 have Murderer this game it was still fun to play and grind now hell know there is now new gear content that looks good the supply on the fleet is gone for this crap thy have made now this 6.0 stinks to hie heaven but as long as the mouse is in charge star wars will die a slow and pain full death DEV IF YOU ARE READING THIS ROLL BACK IT ALL BEFORE ALL HARDCORE FANS LEAVE THE KIDS WILL NOT PAY YOUR SALARY BUT WE DO WE ARE WHAT MAKE YOU AND WE CAN BREAK YOU EA MAN UP GROW A SPIN AND TELL THE DAME MOUSE TO **** OF AND ROLL BACK 6.0 AND SET BACK THE OLD SET BONUS NOW FICK'S ALL GEAR BEACUSE NOW YOU CAN GET THE GEAR YOU WANT OR THE LOOK OF YOUR CHARACTER AND THERE IS NOW REASON TO GRIND THEN TO HEAVE SEMI REASON GEAR THE STORY WAS THE ONLY PART THAT WAS ANY GOOD THE REST IS **** AND STINKS REMOVE IT NOW

I'm with you. I was really disappointed. I was hoping for more and that the ending would have made more sense rather then scourge/Kira telling you to go talk to them when you have a chance about a certain somebodies body. The only reason they released the previous expansions on a monthly bases was for the money. Why release an expansion all at once and have someone complete it within a week when they could release each part of it monthly and rack in that extra dough. I mean it's 15 dollars compared to 180 dollars they would make. I'm hugely dissapointed to with the lack of interaction you have with your LI if they are from your story class. I wouldn't even consider onslaught as an expansion. If that's all they have for the story so far then it is what it is but if they have the whole story done for the imp vs pub then they should have released it at once. I can't get behind the monthly release for some games it works like for TTG (before they went bankrupt) but for MMO's it shouldn't be done. I would be able to put up with a weekly release where they release a new part every week but a month to me is to long of a wait for an MMO. Hell if they are doing monthly I'd rather an option where I can buy the expansion right out rather then having to sub for twelve months

Also, nice spoiler EA gave me by having kira and scourge gear in my characters inventory before they were even revealed after completing the corellia flashpoint. I don't know if that was intended or not and thank god I recognized the lightsaber hilt that the "mysterious sith" had on him

Yeah, that annoyed me a little as well. As soon as the fight with the mystery assailant was done on Mek-Sha, my JK had all of Scourge's equipment back. I tend to avoid spoilers for things and hadn't read up on anything to do with the story and when Scourge doesn't show up again until right at the end, you knew it was going to happen.

I really liked the new Flashpoint, but Onderon and Mek-Sha were disappointing to me, especially Mek Sha, which just seemed like a knock off Rishi.

I think this is the expansion we had to have, though. Somehow we've got to get from KOTFE and KOTET back to an Rep/Imp story and that doesn't happen overnight.

Yeah, that annoyed me a little as well. As soon as the fight with the mystery assailant was done on Mek-Sha, my JK had all of Scourge's equipment back. I tend to avoid spoilers for things and hadn't read up on anything to do with the story and when Scourge doesn't show up again until right at the end, you knew it was going to happen.

I really liked the new Flashpoint, but Onderon and Mek-Sha were disappointing to me, especially Mek Sha, which just seemed like a knock off Rishi.

I think this is the expansion we had to have, though. Somehow we've got to get from KOTFE and KOTET back to an Rep/Imp story and that doesn't happen overnight.

The game, the developer, and the players themselves have you notice way back into 5.10 to 6.0 that those companions would be be coming back. There were a lot of obvious hints that were given in the Observer quest. Like their lightsabers being the one they originally had. Hell, even in the cutscene devs made it obvious by that companion igniting his lightsaber. Everyone knew full well that they would come back in 6.0 one way or another.

You are all idiots.

If you believe this MMO is supposed to be primarily Story content then you might as well leave. Since 4.0 and 5.0 group content has dropped dramatically for these crappy monthly chapters to be released.

This is an MMO not a Single Player Game therefore, it should have a balance on story content and pve content which they surprisingly did. And whoever states that the monthly chapters helped bring more players to the game than you are wrong, if you look at the player base in 4.0 and 5.0 the graph will show that it has dropped dramatically. If you want story go play the new Fallen Order game.

If you believe this MMO is supposed to be primarily Story content then you might as well leave. Since 4.0 and 5.0 group content has dropped dramatically for these crappy monthly chapters to be released.

^ That. There was way more than just two hours of content introduced here. I for one think Onderon is one of the coolest planets they've released yet (even if it is a little too small).