How many have actually cancelled their sub

Shepird

Don't need to post reasons why. Just wondering how many actually have. Mine runs out next Monday and I won't be renewing any time in the near future. I just want to know if this newest iteration of the game has really had an effect on their subs.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As here block my credit card to get 1 month, i got to subs the two months option, 1 day after i regret my decision.

This expansion is a scam, they change nothing only the name of the stuff, but is the same old thing with different name.

Like "uprising" is a fancy name for tactical flashpoint.

No new operation, no real flashpoint.

I am trying to get refund now

I have, my sub runs out on 31st and not going to renew it. I'll miss swtor and will come back for the next expansion or if gearing changes. Just don't feel like subbing to grind for gear I may get.

That aside I never intended to sub for a full year, I haven't done that since the early days of WoW.

I have other things I need to focus on. If I didn't then there's still a chance I would have continued subbing. Gaming just doesn't fit into my schedule for a full year around!

So I shouldn't see any of your names in negative posts in the coming months?

Somehow I really, really doubt it.

After the 31st I won't be here posting, so yes. Though I think that only goes into effect after maintenance. But yeah no more in the first week of January.

Edited by Eshvara

Felt more like Mass Effect or Dragon Age in this release as far as the story goes. The Chapter 6 part felt like the party in Dragon Age : Inquisition

Hah, so it's not just me? I'm slowly finishing my first playthrough of DA:Inquisition lately and I've realized that they used pretty much all the same tropes in KotFE and KotET... Like literally even identical dialogue lines appearing on a few occasions. :o

EDIT: BTW, I've cancelled my sub just after setting it up and then diving a bit into the forums... Want to have it active while I'm going through the new story content, then I'm probably out for a few months (or forever, as this game is going to die soon unfortunately).

Also I don't get one time passwords today for some reason, so can't play anyways. That doesn't get me highly motivated either. :p

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

We cancelled two of 3 subs for now. We kept the first one my kids and I ever made at launch and has the most characters on it as well as the most referrals codes which still gets just enough free CC each month to make it worth remaining.

The only other sub I can know for sure is my brothers. We talked this week about our old group and after he got a look at what was to come, he cancelled both his and sons sub.

So 4 total that I know for sure.

I unsubscribed last week. (And I won't play as preferred - if I'm playing, I'm subbing.)

I might come back, if :

• They make good on removing the suddenly-added valor requirement from PvP vendor weapons, and
  • They add an option to turn off the DvL pop-ups.

The lack of new content doesn't bother me, because I still have years to go with the class stories. RNG gearing doesn't bother me, because I don't do endgame. But the two things above are unacceptable.

So I shouldn't see any of your names in negative posts in the coming months?

Somehow I really, really doubt it.

If you're talking to me, I haven't posted here in years. Just until this iteration. Been here since closed beta. Not pleased with the way the game is now. My sub not renewing has little to do with posting on the forums. I will probably check back here and there to see if they have changed anything in the future.

Subbed til May. But in my case I came back after a year or more, have enjoyed some of the changes, which I felt necessary, since the game is getting older, and the player base will diminish not increase.

Other changes I don't care about. Doubt I'll resub past May, as by then I will probably have taken all the personal fun and enjoyment from the game I expect I can.

Transferred most of my characters from The Progenitor to the Red Eclipse, I expect after most do the new storyline, see whats new they are going leave, as is the norm n all MMOs, and even multiplayer games nowadays.

And judging by my experience at LOTRO, it is not much fun, however nice the game is or looks, to be queued on the group finder, and not have a single match all day. So I rather be on a more toxic environment, than on a barren server, even if they tend to have a more mature population.

Anyways, having nothing better to do at work, I just thought I gave my perspective.

Edited by fozika

Not unsubbing - I want to see what happens next.

These sort of posts, though understandable, are not helpful as they just voice despair ...I've heard it for 5 years now and tired hearing it.

There has been some great stuff over the 5 years and some not so great but look at Battlefront - that gets tired really fast - this game at least offers some real fun (and the prospect of more) to the Star Wars fans out there.

I'm hoping there is a lot more in the tank and that fans of the game stick with it through good and bad.

Cancelled today. Won't be back until Jan if I do sub again.

Burnt out on the game & the crap the Devs have pulled this time. Nothing new to look forward too. Story sucked at the end again. Fail conclusion. *smh*

I'll still pop in as a preferred player here & there but no sub money from me for awhile. Maybe BW will pay attention with everyone not subbing. I doubt it though.

Not me, still having too much fun. If the dam is getting ready to burst though, it would be nice for BioWare to at least say people your voices have been heard, please bear with us while we right this ship. Like I said I am not going anywhere, as I am having too much fun in the story and playing in the Star Wars universe. That matters more to me than RNG and gearing up and getting only one XP for gold kills. Also, didn't do much with DvL, having fun without it.

I get though that there are upset people right now and, as a subscriber who would like to have a game to subscribe to, I hope that BW considers the things that people are saying and like I suggested at least say we have heard you and will start looking at the issues that are upsetting to so many.

I am giving serious thought to cancelling my subscription. The game has been made too easy and the classes have been simplified so much that it becoming less and less enjoyable. After all, what fun is a game that seems to be made for 6 year olds and you can face pretty much any foe without any sort of harm?