Questions regarding referral link trading between subs

Musicisthekeyto

Hi all!

I'm considering to trade a referral link for another (both should be subscribed then) and I've several questions.

First of all it's been years since I've last played, I'm quite certain I've not used a referral link before but how can I check this?

Secondly does it matter if I used one before? Can I still use one after the first one, if that's the case does the person that I'm trading with get the same rewards as me then?

Finally are there any tricks to avoid scamming?

Thanks in advance for your replies! :)

Hi all!

I'm considering to trade a referral link for another (both should be subscribed then) and I've several questions.

First of all it's been years since I've last played, I'm quite certain I've not used a referral link before but how can I check this?

Secondly does it matter if I used one before? Can I still use one after the first one, if that's the case does the person that I'm trading with get the same rewards as me then?

Finally are there any tricks to avoid scamming?

Thanks in advance for your replies! :)

If you used one before, the new one's owner won't receive the +500 Cartel Coins, but will receive the 100 CC per month thing.

To avoid scamming? No, not in any absolute sense. If the other person lives in the same house / apartment / flat / rickety caravan with only one wheel as you, it's easier to be sure, but if the two parties are separated by half a continent, it's more or less impossible to guarantee being scam-free in a "click for click" exchange.

If you used a link before you should either recieve a "Jumpstart Bundle" or a "Preferred Friends Bundle" for each of your characters.

Afaik the only way to check if you ever used a link is to see if you have one of these or if you get at least one of them when you create a new character.

If you used a link before you should either recieve a "Jumpstart Bundle" or a "Preferred Friends Bundle" for each of your characters.

Afaik the only way to check if you ever used a link is to see if you have one of these or if you get at least one of them when you create a new character.

Pretty much this. It's the "Jump Start Bundle", not the "Preferred Friends Bundle".

Pretty much this. It's the "Jump Start Bundle", not the "Preferred Friends Bundle".

Well that depends on when exactly the link was used.

If (s)he setup the account via a Referal link it's the "Jump Start Bundle". If (s)he used a link while subscribed, like myself when I had a gap of a few days before I was able to get a new timecard, it's the "Preferred Friends Bundle".

Well that depends on when exactly the link was used.

If (s)he setup the account via a Referal link it's the "Jump Start Bundle". If (s)he used a link while subscribed, like myself when I had a gap of a few days before I was able to get a new timecard, it's the "Preferred Friends Bundle".

Huh. OK. My spare account that I get the Jump Start on was jump started before I subscribed it, which matches what you said. My bad, sorry.

Yes, this is probably the only way, just make a new toon and check what mail you get.