Can we just get a simple console with only SWTOR installed

CKNORTH

Still seeing the fracturing Graphic effects on starting worlds from Intel Nvidia based PC's to AMD gaming rigs and it hasn't stopped since launch and is pretty pathetic. is it really that much to ask that SWTOR run smooth and without a bunch of cracked flashes of the graphics? Seriously it is the most Annoying thing in the game. and not a single other MMO or any OTHER game does it aside from this one... oh wait there is 1 other the first Original Crysis game does the exact same thing, also another EA title. when I first heard of it, my friend referred it to as the Gaming machine breaker...

Sorry for a complaint but I had about enough of the time and money spent in this game to see that BS every time I make a new character. the first bridge on Tython is the worst approaching it and exiting it. Maybe go see for yourself....

Edited by CKNORTH

I don't know why you think a "simple console with only SWTOR installed" would be any better at this.

For various reasons, that "simple" console would end up being an actual PC running NVIdia or AMD graphics hardware with a Windows or Linux+WINE operating system, and ultimately you'd be up against the same limitations and misbehaviours because they are caused by *SWTOR* and not the hardware.

What you're really asking is for them to fix the glitchety-glitch graphics, and that I agree with, but you should just come out and say so.

What you're really asking is for them to fix the glitchety-glitch graphics, and that I agree with, but you should just come out and say so.

Thanks! ok BW/EA fix the glitchy-glitch graphics. it really is an issue and a very glaring one at that. it drives people like me completely insane and not want to play this game. :)

Thanks! ok BW/EA fix the glitchy-glitch graphics. it really is an issue and a very glaring one at that. it drives people like me completely insane and not want to play this game. :)

I think I might be seeing this, but I'm not sure what you're talking about. It happens to me on all worlds. I will be running along and I get this sort of a jagged tear from the left side of the screen near the top downwards toward the center. It's very brief, just a flash really, but it always alarms the crap out of me. I think , "OMG my video card is dying!"

Except it never happens in anything other than SWTOR.

I'm using an NVidia GTX 680

One common thing about many of these issues seems to be the "nVidia Control Panel". Maybe if you stopped messing with it you'd have fewer problems.

(I don't really know. I use an AMD graphics card and I've never even opened any AMD control panel and I don't have these sorts of glitches.) 😕

Edited by JediQuaker

Still seeing the fracturing Graphic effects on starting worlds from Intel Nvidia based PC's to AMD gaming rigs and it hasn't stopped since launch and is pretty pathetic. is it really that much to ask that SWTOR run smooth and without a bunch of cracked flashes of the graphics?

Don't think I've ever seen this. Not even sure what you're talking about tbh.

Gtx 1070 no issues here. This is news to me.

hmm wish I could post a video of the issue but not sure how to do that, oh well, it would be too hard to take a screen shot because its a flicker of fractaling also it happens more around water or bridges, for some reason. could be a clipping issue or occlusion.

Still seeing the fracturing Graphic effects on starting worlds from Intel Nvidia based PC's to AMD gaming rigs and it hasn't stopped since launch and is pretty pathetic.

During the life of SWTOR and my time playing it (since day one) I have only used AMD and Nvidia.

Currently using a AMD FX-8320 8 Core, with a 3GB GeForce GTX 1060

I have never once seen the "fracturing graphic effect" you refer to.

All The Best

Edited by DarthSpuds