Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Stories (personal opinion from what I played so far)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Class Stories (personal opinion from what I played so far)

JuventusAndFCK
02.05.2019 , 11:08 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Ardrossan View Post
This mentions a couple problems that recur throughout a lot of the class stories. First, that none of the force using classes get anything that amounts to training from their masters. For the Jedi classes, it's because their masters leave almost immediately, and for the Sith classes, it's because the Act 1 objectives are deemed too important to waste on training imo. The SI is maybe the only class here that I'd let slide on that, because of the way the story is set up.
This also kinda annoys me because it could so easily be fixed by just letting you be at the final stages of your padawanship or what you'd call it instead of at the beginning of it. Instead of the story framing it as your introduction to the jedi life, it's your final "exam" where you go through the works of what you have "learned" and how you are almost a fully trained Jedi.

MadDutchman
02.05.2019 , 07:47 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by JuventusAndFCK View Post
This also kinda annoys me because it could so easily be fixed by just letting you be at the final stages of your padawanship or what you'd call it instead of at the beginning of it. Instead of the story framing it as your introduction to the jedi life, it's your final "exam" where you go through the works of what you have "learned" and how you are almost a fully trained Jedi.
Umm, it is your final exam (the pass/fail variety in this case), both Jedi classes go to Tython to complete their training, not to start it.
Demand: Are. We. There. Yet.

Use my referral link for free goodies.

Ardrossan
02.05.2019 , 10:28 PM | #13
And yet they get assigned masters who do nothing to train them. We have skill trainers, and the game provides an in-universe explanation for them, and they're the ones who actually train us. Yuon Par - who was apparently resting for the entirety of Act 1 - and Orgun Dinn are just there. To provide emotional weight I guess, rather than being useful for learning how to throw shoryukens.

KelKrios
02.06.2019 , 03:57 AM | #14
I think the situation would sit a lot better with me if instead of “Holy Force diarrhea! We are being attacked! Go alone into deep dark cave and face unknown evils!” we’d get something like an actual exam that went wrong as we are doing it or some effing guidance. In a span of Tython I beat the dude who bested my master. Seriously? I am that amazing??

irrevelant
02.06.2019 , 07:34 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by KelKrios View Post
I think the situation would sit a lot better with me if instead of “Holy Force diarrhea! We are being attacked! Go alone into deep dark cave and face unknown evils!” we’d get something like an actual exam that went wrong as we are doing it or some effing guidance. In a span of Tython I beat the dude who bested my master. Seriously? I am that amazing??
Apperantly yes. You are a sort of "chosen one". But the point is there. You are stronger, than the masters, and no one blinks an eye.

I made a personal backstory for all my characters, that justifies their superiority. But it is true, that the main character shouldn't be that powerful, and on Sith side he isn't. At least the Inquisitor gets force beaten in cutscenes multiple times. Showing, that he is not the ultimate ****** from start, and that just how damn lucky he must be to be alive.

ejadavidson
02.24.2019 , 01:27 PM | #16
BH... I am on Knight of the Fallen Empire with him. I started him about 8 weeks ago so he's fresh in my mind. I like the story more and more as I look back at how he began. He starts as a normal guy with a decent reputation--enough to get him into the Great Hunt obviously--but he's not a special snowflake. He's not a Sith or a Jedi, or really anyone of note. He's just a guy or a gal if you go that way. Being female, I usually play female characters so I started a female BH but it didn't feel right and going with the male helped my immersion into the story. So to watch this guy grow from a nothing nobody into someone who commands a galactic alliance is pretty intense IMO. I don't think it would be as intense if I played a Sith or Jedi as they commonly become commanders or generals. I do wish more emphasis had been placed on his being "The Republic's most wanted" in the original released stories. There were a few exciting moments around that, but it should have been played up more in the story. As soon as I get past this annoying Gemini Captain fight (which I can't beat no matter what), I'll be looking forward to more of what the story holds for my BH. On the Republic side, I think the Smuggler would be a good choice too, seeing that he/she comes from humble origins. You can make the BH a true anti-hero which makes the story golden for me.

Jedi Sentinel - I've only completed the original chapters on her. Rather boring, IMO. Typical good guy story but I stuck with it because I adore Jedi in lore, stories and movies. Some of the darkside choices made sense, yet were still darkside. Even still, with the darkside choices you're too goody two-shoes for me. The reason I prefer my bounty hunter is I like the anti-heroes.

Imperial Agent - LOVED this story. Loved loved loved. It felt like a spy novel to me with all the double crossing and spy stuff. I've never been so immersed in a computer story ever. I think I liked this story the best. I have not played him passed the original release unfortunately. Although I think his initial story is better than the BH, I'm not sure how he will play in the new expanses.

I will probably complete a female smuggler next.
Anina -50 jedi sentinel
Banim- 50 sniper
Jaxsyn - 30 powertech
Dezzerey - 37 gunslinger

irrevelant
02.26.2019 , 04:57 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by ejadavidson View Post
Imperial Agent - LOVED this story. Loved loved loved. It felt like a spy novel to me with all the double crossing and spy stuff. I've never been so immersed in a computer story ever. I think I liked this story the best. I have not played him passed the original release unfortunately. Although I think his initial story is better than the BH, I'm not sure how he will play in the new expanses.

I will probably complete a female smuggler next.
The Smuggler is the agent's pair in gameplay method. So at least that will be good. For the story itself i loved it. You start as a civilian nobody, and in the end of the class story you can wield a kind of power, that can rival the hutts. Not gona reveal more, but i can assure you, that the Smuggler got some of the most annoying enemies. Though i believe, that the "bad guy" plays his role best, if you hate him/her.

I also played Consular, and for me it wasn't that bad. It was more revolving around being a diplomat, than the unstoppable force of destruction. Though many player find it boring, and i could have made it far better with little alteration, but it's not exactly bad.

Now i'm playing inquisitor, and it's quite refreshing how different the starting style. Instead of being one of the best padawan from start i'm an ex-slave, lowly, expected to die fast guy. Even later i get one lucky survival after another, and that gets a bit boring. My story isn't over yet, but they played the lucky survivor of certain death card 6 times already (Korriban ending, ghost in the crypt1, chapter one ending, ghost in the crypt2, chapter 2 beginning, chapter2 ending). Consular didn't had that, and Smuggler got it only once. At least with my choices.