Bug - Red Reaper Last Boss - Darth Ikoral

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
Just ran this fp again this afternoon, Thursday September 26th, and I am an imp agent lvl 49, I used my Distraction skill after we got the lightning onto one of the chosen. It worked eventually as we had a Powertech that refused to move behind the chosen so getting the lightning onto the chosen and being able to hit it with my interupt was a pain. :jawa_smile:

• 5 months later...

It makes me laugh how the trolls scream it's bugged, yet the people who know what they're doing are reporting it's working fine.

I ran this about a week ago and the only problem was some muppet who refused to move behind the add. Apart from that, everything was fine.

It makes me laugh how the trolls scream it's bugged, yet the people who know what they're doing are reporting it's working fine.

I ran this about a week ago and the only problem was some muppet who refused to move behind the add. Apart from that, everything was fine.

The idiots who can't move behind tend to be the same ones that fail to knock the Sith off the platforms, instead knocking them back into CC'd mobs, then letting themselves get punted off to their death.

Ah, when this thread was started, Commandos still didn't have an interrupt...

I have fond memories of engaging Ikoral in those days, frantically shouting at my groupmates to hit an interrupt.

It's simple, guys. Get an add between Ikoral and the person being targeted with lightning, and then interrupt the add. Boom, easy.

• 3 months later...
You know there's only 1 skill to interrupt right :rak_02:

You do know that not everyone has a black belt in MMO's...right?

You could have identified what is meant by "add" or which skills "interrupt" but, instead you chose to do some ego promoting. Which is fine. I'm used to high school kids. But, whenever you are done congratulating yourself for your inner circle lingo and derisively lording it over newcomers let us all know. We'd like to be able to play the game too.

You had to make a condescending reply to someone who posted 13 months ago?

And no, you don't need a black belt in MMO's to find your interrupt ; you just have to be able to put your curser over your abilities and read the tooltip.

You had to make a condescending reply to someone who posted 13 months ago?

And no, you don't need a black belt in MMO's to find your interrupt ; you just have to be able to put your curser over your abilities and read the tooltip.

What does "13 months ago" have to do with anything? Are all questions and concerns off limits within a specified time frame? I missed that in the TOS....?

Are you saying that ALL MMO's have an interrupt spell that all players must inherently be aware of? What do I put my cursor over to find out what is meant by "add"?

The condescension is in response to the full page of snotty responses I had to weed through to find an inkling of an answer to an issue I had with the game I am playing today...not "13 months ago".

You do know that not everyone has a black belt in MMO's...right?

You could have identified what is meant by "add" or which skills "interrupt" but, instead you chose to do some ego promoting. Which is fine. I'm used to high school kids. But, whenever you are done congratulating yourself for your inner circle lingo and derisively lording it over newcomers let us all know. We'd like to be able to play the game too.

Well LordReapersHell said that he spent time trying to interrupt the adds. Therefore he must know what adds are, and what interrupting means.

So you seem to be insulting LordReapersHell's intelligence more than the person you're criticizing. Again, nothing that Reaper posted would indicate he didn't know what an add is, so your post seems unnecessarily harsh.

That being said, yes, stating that he should interrupt "Ancient Terror" is more useful than saying there's only one ability that the adds cast.

Edited by AshlaBoga

Well LordReapersHell said that he spent time trying to interrupt the adds. Therefore he must know what adds are, and what interrupting means.

So you seem to be insulting LordReapersHell's intelligence more than the person you're criticizing. Again, nothing that Reaper posted would indicate he didn't know what an add is, so your post seems unnecessarily harsh.

That being said, yes, stating that he should interrupt "Ancient Terror" is more useful than saying there's only one ability that the adds cast.

To be fair, back when he made the thread, LordReapersHell didn't have an interrupt because commandos had to have an interrupt patched in :p

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

This video saved me...

If you can't see it, read this soluce find on a "forum": Darth Ikoral

Overview: Pull him across the bridge so that you don't get knocked off the edge when the boss does his knockback. Tank and spank until adds spawn, then have everyone run and stack behind the 2 adds and interrupt the spell that the add is casting - the lighting from Ikoral will kill the adds for you when you do this. When the fires spawn, make sure the tank runs and grabs some of them or he will take a lot of damage once Ikoral starts attacking again.

Sorry for my english, i'm french... Good game!

This video saved me...

If you can't see it, read this soluce find on a "forum": Darth Ikoral

Overview: Pull him across the bridge so that you don't get knocked off the edge when the boss does his knockback. Tank and spank until adds spawn, then have everyone run and stack behind the 2 adds and interrupt the spell that the add is casting - the lighting from Ikoral will kill the adds for you when you do this. When the fires spawn, make sure the tank runs and grabs some of them or he will take a lot of damage once Ikoral starts attacking again.

Sorry for my english, i'm french... Good game!

Adding on to this, in HM (Master Mode as it's known now), they added a new "mechanic" back in...4.x...or something... where another type of add spawns at the stairs leading down to the boss. This add will root whatever poor soul has the unfortunate luck to aggro it in place until it's killed. This means that, if you're melee, sucks to be you if you're out of range of it, and your group mates will need to kill it for you. If they don't, then you're stuck there FOREVER!!!! :rak_03: :rak_03: :D

But really though, they die super quick, and if no one helps you with it then most likely the boss will target you with lightning. In order for you to move behind that add that needs interrupting, the add rooting you will need to be killed, so if you have crappy groupies then they're really screwing themselves at that point.

Adding on to this, in HM (Master Mode as it's known now), they added a new "mechanic" back in...4.x...or something... where another type of add spawns at the stairs leading down to the boss. This add will root whatever poor soul has the unfortunate luck to aggro it in place until it's killed. This means that, if you're melee, sucks to be you if you're out of range of it, and your group mates will need to kill it for you. If they don't, then you're stuck there FOREVER!!!! :rak_03: :rak_03: :D

But really though, they die super quick, and if no one helps you with it then most likely the boss will target you with lightning. In order for you to move behind that add that needs interrupting, the add rooting you will need to be killed, so if you have crappy groupies then they're really screwing themselves at that point.

that root is a channeled thing and can be interrupted too. but you will still need help if they root you outside the range of your interrupt.

I've soloed red reaper master mode over 30 times in the last week and I can confirm it's not broken at all. It also hasn't dropped a deco, so I'm wondering if they silently nerfed it.

The root from the ads doesn't seem to stop my gap closer as an operative (I don't have the perk).

During that phase the boss is usually not attacking so you can turn off the channeled heal if your companion needs to do the killing for you as a full melee class. You can use your heroic moment also.

You can also run around the far side of the room if you're worried about an ad rooting you, they often leave me alone that way until after I've released the boss.