Lightning in PvP?

Hei_Atzfel

Almost any skill spread that isn't completely random and thoughtless is viable in regular warzones, especially sub-55, because most of the time neither team is communicating or planning and bad players are abundant. If you start seeing premades in those regulars, though, then you'll be in a great deal of pain most of the time as a Lightning/Telekinetics sorcerer/sage, and don't let the wishful thinking of people with a weird quasi-patriotic zeal for their favorite spec BS you about the cold hard truth.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're still running damage control after telling me that you didn't want to continue the conversation (which was after you told me that nothing can survive double ravage except for the things that can). Lightning has to stand still and hard cast while being stunned, interrupted, and pulled. As someone who hasn't played a PT, I don't expect you to appreciate that lightning sorcerers who use force speed to stay at ranged will simply be pulled once it wears off. Enjoy your rail shots and shoulder missiles to the face. ;) Oh, and using WW to counter PTs while in a spec that requires you use affliction to play effectively is genius. Good work.

Because gore-ravage-scream-VT is the only way bad carnage players know how to play the class. He can only argue that carnage is an even match for pyrotech by using imaginary scenarios where all of his opponents go AFK when he decides to use ravage. :p

It's obviously relevant, because PT players do not go to sleep when you ravage them. Busting through KO involves actually connecting with your abilities while KO is healing. We're talking about PVP and not fighting a ship dummy. Bubble stun can be broken from just outside of its range. PTs are versatile like that. If you're willing to indulge me, let me ask you a couple of questions. How many Lightning sorcerers have solo'd Crinncore? How many carnage marauders? If you don't have an exact number, just guess. I'm willing to guess the number is in the zero range. Closest guess wins this fabulous jar of jelly beans. :rolleyes:

I can fit 4 force speeds in the time it takes grapple to come off CD.

Yes, lightning is not a melee spec and therefore not mobile. You seem to think that some third rate pyro pt like yourself is going to have me on the move 24/7. Thing is, I only need to stand still for 3.5 seconds every 9 seconds to do most of my damage, and I have a plethora of tools to make sure that happens. Obviously you do not have a lightning sorc.

Also, I whirlwind just fine. I can manage a little dot lol.

And Gore ravage will annihilate you. You'll whitebar me and have blown your coomdowns, and then they'll strike and you won't be able to do anything but curse your stubborn ignorance of other classes.

Don't really want to get involved into class vs class debate, but concerning kiting in Lightning; wouldn't you consider Lightning storm activation proc + Chain Lightning an instant? The stop you have to make while kiting is almost unnoticeable with some practice. Edited by ceazare

Don't really want to get involved into class vs class debate, but concerning kiting in Lightning; wouldn't you consider Lightning storm activation proc + Chain Lightning an instant? The stop you have to make while kiting is almost unnoticeable with some practice.

Yep. And then CL with root them for half a second. It's a technique that is sadly rarely employed.

Yes, lightning is not a melee spec and therefore not mobile. You seem to think that some third rate pyro pt like yourself is going to have me on the move 24/7. Thing is, I only need to stand still for 3.5 seconds every 9 seconds to do most of my damage, and I have a plethora of tools to make sure that happens. Obviously you do not have a lightning sorc.

And Gore ravage will annihilate you. You'll whitebar me and have blown your coomdowns, and then they'll strike and you won't be able to do anything but curse your stubborn ignorance of other classes.

Please stop embarrassing yourself

Almost any skill spread that isn't completely random and thoughtless is viable in regular warzones, especially sub-55, because most of the time neither team is communicating or planning and bad players are abundant. If you start seeing premades in those regulars, though, then you'll be in a great deal of pain most of the time as a Lightning/Telekinetics sorcerer/sage, and don't let the wishful thinking of people with a weird quasi-patriotic zeal for their favorite spec BS you about the cold hard truth.

Oh I know Madness is loads better. I did a few games as Madness on my level 28 sorc and never dropped below 900 dps, even won quite a few 3v1's (yeah yeah lowbies lol, but still). But it's not impossible to perform on Lightning, I won a 3v1 and two 2v1's today as Lightning.

There won't be 4 force speeds, because you'll be dead long, long before then. You're resorting to personal insults now, calling me "third rate" because you're incapable of defending anything you said earlier, where you made it painfully clear that you don't know how to play any of the specs being talked about. I suggest you learn to control your temper and attempt to save face next time without the personal attacks. It's not MY fault that you don't know what you're talking about, so I don't see any reason why you're taking your frustration out on me. :D

I dare you to go to the PVP board and make a topic called "Lightning sorcerers are better in duels against pyrotech powertechs" and see how many people laugh at you. There's a reason why every sorcerer in ranked groups is in madness spec and why none of them are in lightning spec.

The fact that you think "white bar" is an issue in a fight between carnage and pyrotech tells me that you don't even know how the resolve system works. Carbonize and electro dart DO NOT fill up the resolve bar if they're synced to ravage. You're literally making it up as you go along. I asked you earlier how long you think white bar even lasts and you dodged the question, because you didn't even know the answer. And once again, you cannot finish a ravage on a PT. Even without stuns, HO lets PTs escape ravage before it finishes. You didn't have a response to that either.

Edited by HaoZhao

There won't be 4 force speeds, because you'll be dead long, long before then. You're resorting to personal insults now, calling me "third rate" because you're incapable of defending anything you said earlier, where you made it painfully clear that you don't know how to play any of the specs being talked about. I suggest you learn to control your temper and attempt to save face next time without the personal attacks. It's not MY fault that you don't know what you're talking about, so I don't see any reason why you're taking your frustration out on me. :D

I dare you to go to the PVP board and make a topic called "Lightning sorcerers are better in duels against pyrotech powertechs" and see how many people laugh at you. There's a reason why every sorcerer in ranked groups is in madness spec and why none of them are in lightning spec.

The fact that you think "white bar" is an issue in a fight between carnage and pyrotech tells me that you don't even know how the resolve system works. Carbonize and electro dart DO NOT fill up the resolve bar if they're synced to ravage. You're literally making it up as you go along. I asked you earlier how long you think white bar even lasts and you dodged the question, because you didn't even know the answer. And once again, you cannot finish a ravage on a PT. Even without stuns, HO lets PTs escape ravage before it finishes. You didn't have a response to that either.

/facepalm

/facepalmagain

/abandonthreadbecauseofcancer

/facepalm

/facepalmagain

/abandonthreadbecauseofcancer

This isn't a response to anything you quoted. It's you dodging everything you quoted after making it clear that your grasp of PVP is so poor that you don't even know how basic concepts like resolve work in any capacity. How embarrassing for you. :o

This isn't a response to anything you quoted. It's you dodging everything you quoted after making it clear that your grasp of PVP is so poor that you don't even know how basic concepts like resolve work in any capacity. How embarrassing for you. :o

/laugh

/feelsorryforyou

/feelsorryyouthink1v1smatter

/feelsorryyou'resostubborn

/offtopic

This thread isn't about pyro vs. lightning.

Edited by Exosasa

/laugh

/feelsorryforyou

/feelsorryyouthink1v1smatter

/feelsorryyou'resostubborn

/offtopic

This thread isn't about pyro vs. lightning.

"I never cared anyway" he said after spending days running his mouth on subjects he knows absolutely nothing about! :D

The topic is lightning in PVP. I came in here to mention the difficulties Lightning would have in PVP against specific, hard-hitting specs, and you responded by spending days making up facts in your imagination in order to save face. All of the excuses in the world won't change the fact that you couldn't do enough math to realize that syncing carbonize and electro dart to an enemy's ravage doesn't fill the resolve bar. Posting in "epic" 4chan speak like a tween isn't going to help you save face either. You can stop now. ;)

Quick question

how does a thread about lightning sorc turn into something about pts vs carnage marauders...

such crazy...

Because Exosasa felt the need to bring up his carnage marauder that he clearly doesn't know how to play. Before that we were talking about Lightning vs. other specs. Yep.

Edited by HaoZhao