Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sorcerer

Venoom
02.19.2020 , 11:11 PM | #11
Question is how is that Immortal Juggernaut is listed as a A tier where everyone else says Juggernauts sucked and to not waste their time with

KendraP
02.19.2020 , 11:26 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Venoom View Post
Question is how is that Immortal Juggernaut is listed as a A tier where everyone else says Juggernauts sucked and to not waste their time with
Because the people saying juggernauts suck are talking about dps juggies; immortal is the tank spec.

Cempa
02.20.2020 , 04:56 AM | #13
Hi,

I am a returning player that will probably mostly pvp since that what for my time allows. I am not sure if there is a tier list what classes stand where. I am hearing a lot of shouts on Snipers/Gunslingers being rather top damage but where are sorcerers now? what's their place in pvp? Of course it all depends on a skill also as sorcs can be hard to master but generally speaking can someone shed some light on them in the current phase of the game?
Madness is the best PvP spec, solid def/mitigation/mobility and pressure .. If you go to other sites -including YouTube- you will find much better information over the official site -sadly.
“When I left you, I was but the learner, now I am the master.”

EmperorRus
02.20.2020 , 05:16 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
Madness is the best PvP spec, solid def/mitigation/mobility
12/10 troll post

Venoom
02.20.2020 , 08:26 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
Because the people saying juggernauts suck are talking about dps juggies; immortal is the tank spec.
No i know it's a Tank spec. But i even heard that mercenary is more tanker than Juggernaut so i assumed the meant it as overall. How beneficial can immortal jug be if he can not kill anything? People won;t even bother attacking you since you're not very much a threat. Only use i can see him as is stunning heals etc

KendraP
02.20.2020 , 09:19 AM | #16
No i know it's a Tank spec. But i even heard that mercenary is more tanker than Juggernaut so i assumed the meant it as overall. How beneficial can immortal jug be if he can not kill anything? People won;t even bother attacking you since you're not very much a threat. Only use i can see him as is stunning heals etc
If you cant see the benefit of a tank, I'm not going to spell it out for you. Guard, taunting, survivability, there are uses.

The people saying mercs are tanker than juggs are comparing dps juggs and dps mercs because comparing a tank to a dps or a healer to a dps or a healer to a tank are nonsensical and unfair

I don't see what's so difficult here. Juggie dps suck, juggie tanks don't.

Venoom
02.20.2020 , 12:17 PM | #17
If you cant see the benefit of a tank, I'm not going to spell it out for you. Guard, taunting, survivability, there are uses.

The people saying mercs are tanker than juggs are comparing dps juggs and dps mercs because comparing a tank to a dps or a healer to a dps or a healer to a tank are nonsensical and unfair

I don't see what's so difficult here. Juggie dps suck, juggie tanks don't.
Relax pal.. i only played few months when the game came out and have not touched it since so that's like 8 years ago . Back then jugg's could dps as immortal and they were doing very well.. If you have a problem with questions what are you doing on a post with a question?

KendraP
02.20.2020 , 01:00 PM | #18
Relax pal.. i only played few months when the game came out and have not touched it since so that's like 8 years ago . Back then jugg's could dps as immortal and they were doing very well.. If you have a problem with questions what are you doing on a post with a question?
Did I not answer your question? A tank is not a dps. Theres a simple answer. If you want the current fotm dps its deception sin. If you're looking to competitively play a juggie learn to tank or be prepared for a lot of misery. Is that simple enough?

Venoom
02.20.2020 , 01:50 PM | #19
Did I not answer your question? A tank is not a dps. Theres a simple answer. If you want the current fotm dps its deception sin. If you're looking to competitively play a juggie learn to tank or be prepared for a lot of misery. Is that simple enough?
Who know maybe at some point someone from Bioware will end up getting pinched in the nose and realized that certain classes need a buff. Maybe i will roll a immortal jugg since now i see that they are viable 9 not for kills but help entire team. I had no idea that threat reduced damage taken in pvp and thought of it as a pve only skill along with Threatening Scream being like an damage reduction aoe i can see them being able to save someone from dying.

KendraP
02.20.2020 , 06:07 PM | #20
Who know maybe at some point someone from Bioware will end up getting pinched in the nose and realized that certain classes need a buff. Maybe i will roll a immortal jugg since now i see that they are viable 9 not for kills but help entire team. I had no idea that threat reduced damage taken in pvp and thought of it as a pve only skill along with Threatening Scream being like an damage reduction aoe i can see them being able to save someone from dying.
I strongly recommend learning to guard and guard swap. Taunting is super important, yes, but a dps can taunt and it works identically to a tanks. The guard and survivability are what define the role - you can live longer than a dps, thus getting off more taunts and eating more guard damage. If you run solo and/or do ranked, I suggest running dps gear with a shield (with dps mods). I personally only tank pvp when I'm running with my healer, so generally run tank with tank gear as a stall setup. Its remarkable the sheer number of people who will insist on tank/healer tunnelling even after it's obvious they dont have the damage to kill us.