Improve Immersion for the next Rakghoul Event

Sivar

A Rakghoul infestation is a fun idea for an event, but the event really has an immersion breaking element to it, and that's the virus.

Don't get me wrong, a Rakghoul event would be incredibly underwhelming without the potential to be infected by the rakghouls, especially when NPCs constantly talk about how nasty the virus is and how it turns anybody into rakghouls soon after the slightest scratch. Having the virus isn't the issue, the way that it's implemented is.

I know that it's more or a Lore and RP issue but sitting in the Imperial Fleet, with the Announcer going on about quarantine and disposing of the infected, while about half the fleet's population is infected, then reading people wanting to go and spread the virus to starter worlds just to troll newbies, really takes the wind out of the sails for the event.

It's not quite as bad as it was during the last event when you got DNA for blowing up and you had masses of people just standing on the fleet waiting to blow up then get re-infected so they could farm the DNA, but it's still pretty bad.

So I suggest the following: Add very powerful Rakghoul containment squads to the fleet (and necessary areas) that will roam around and shoot people with the virus on sight. Make people who want to carry the virus on the fleet have to bring a lot of friends and have to fight to live.

They had similar mobs on the fleet in the old event, but they were ineffective because the NPCs that would shoot you if you had the virus were only lvl 28, so a lvl 50 could easily get past them. Make the new mobs max level and minimum elite strength (preferably champs) so that no individual or uncoordinated group could survive them.

Edited by Sivar

I like that idea. Spawn maybe half as many mobs as there are infected players. Then mobs strength changes depending on the closest infected or group of infected. If any other infected attacks the mob (and was not accounted for in the original calculations for group size and strength) make it regen to full health and scale in strength apporpriately.

I would love to have my characters stuck in a quarantine with other infected players, just watching each other die over and again rather than do FPs and Ops and Dailies because LOL NO I WOULDN'T.

You wouldn't be stuck in a quarantine zone, you'd just be hunted if you tried to go onto the fleet, so you'd have to group up with friends in order to live; could actually end up being an interesting little mini-event to try and stay alive through the rakghoul containment squads.

Alternatively, the event could also remove the sanctuary protection on the Fleet and turn it into a Lawless zone, where having the virus auto-flags you so that other players can enforce Imperial edicts by destroying the infected. :)