Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Healing Sage: 0% Alacrity?

DarthBurton
05.19.2013 , 07:02 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by Toraak View Post
2) no it is not Possible to sacrifice Willpower/crit/power for Alacrity. (never Augment for Alac) it's not needed.
In fact it is. The purple lv 54 ear pieces and implants offer more secondary stats than the arkanian gear, but you loose some willpower (or other main stats) and endurance.

For example, i have an lv 54 ear piece with 105 END, 105 WILL, 111 AP and 108 ALAC.
Another ear pice of mine (an arkanian one): 159 END, 159 WILL, 77 AP, 72 ALAC.

You can sacrifice 54 Willpower to get 34 more AP, and you sacrifice 54 Endurance for 36 ALAC.
Since i have more than enough life points to survive any operation, i basically sacrifice 54 Willpower for 70 points in secondary stats.

I'm not saying that it is better, i simply wanted to point out an alternative, at least until you have the 72-gear.
Kinara - Sage Lv. 55 - Mídori - Sorcerer Lv. 55 - Dárya - Sage Lv. 55
Kíeran - Sentinel Lv. 55 - Sául - Juggernaut Lv. 49 - Natálya - Guardian Lv. 50
Ayaná - Vanguard Lv. 55 - Murdoҫk - Commando Lv. 51
Nakajima - Scoundrel Lv. 55 - Caitlín - Shadow Lv. 55

Helig
05.19.2013 , 07:12 AM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurojiin View Post
Stacking entirely Surge is absolutely, completely, undeniably a reduction of your potential HPS. If you're only doing encounters where the healing burden is far below your output anyway, that's fine, but in fights tuned tightly for your gear level you will heal less than someone with more balanced stats.

The virtue of a Sage's large resource pool is that we can afford to cast faster and burn our resource quicker.
In my books, Surge equals overhealing. Yes, you need it, but I'm finding the idea of a Power+Alac build to be actually worthwhile lately. Granted Sage is not my main and I haven't done extensive parses, but I had plenty of crits result in a 30+% overheal, and it really feels like I could be healing more efficiently.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

Pinkiebee
05.19.2013 , 09:04 AM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by Helig View Post
In my books, Surge equals overhealing. Yes, you need it, but I'm finding the idea of a Power+Alac build to be actually worthwhile lately. Granted Sage is not my main and I haven't done extensive parses, but I had plenty of crits result in a 30+% overheal, and it really feels like I could be healing more efficiently.
I totally agree with this. Trying to keep my crit around 23% +/- 2%, and working on my alacrity. I don't want to sacrifice power for more crit. I am however, having trouble finding that sweet spot for surge. But I'm sure it isn't 70%. do we have numbers on surge output yet?