[BUGS] Operator IX HM

Hi All,

I've noticed the following bugs in the Op IX HM fight and was just wondering if these are isolate to us or if other have seen them since 2.0. We've downed the fight both before and after 2.0 multiple times so I know they're not caused by mistakes.

- Colour Deletion is occasionally activating shields incorrectly. We had 1 player (Who was blue) get called out for colour deletion by Purple (1st attempt) and Orange (2nd attempt which was successful), when shielded, it used his blue shield as well as the protector's shield.

- If all players of 1 colour die in phase 2, their colour circles continue to appear and cannot be cleared. pre-2.0 they did not appear if all players of that colour had died, even if one had been revived.

- Recognizer adds in phase 1 are now frequently targeting the healers instead of the players of the current colour like they did pre-2.0. Since these adds cannot be pulled by threat and must be taunted the entire first phase feels very constrained by the CDs on taunt and instead of being relaxing became tedious to tank.

The first 2 are blatant bugs although an argument can be made for the second being a mechanic (possibly intended for NiM). The third is simply different from pre-2.0 so may or may not be a bug.

And again, we've cleared it. Multiple times. Both pre- and post-2.0. This is not a QQ "waaaah its too hard" thread.

- Colour Deletion is occasionally activating shields incorrectly. We had 1 player (Who was blue) get called out for colour deletion by Purple (1st attempt) and Orange (2nd attempt which was successful), when shielded, it used his blue shield as well as the protector's shield.

Haven't seen this. Only oddity we've seen on that mechanic is that someone was targeted for deletion with their own color, and end up clearing it themselves (consumed their buff, deletion didn't happen). We never saw that pre-2.0, and came to believe it couldn't happen.

- If all players of 1 colour die in phase 2, their colour circles continue to appear and cannot be cleared. pre-2.0 they did not appear if all players of that colour had died, even if one had been revived.

Are you certain of this? We rarely have both people of the same color die, but I am pretty sure that even pre-2.0 you would still get their circles, and the result was a ton of damage that would take everyone to basically 10% health or so. Which led to a wipe shortly thereafter.

- Recognizer adds in phase 1 are now frequently targeting the healers instead of the players of the current colour like they did pre-2.0. Since these adds cannot be pulled by threat and must be taunted the entire first phase feels very constrained by the CDs on taunt and instead of being relaxing became tedious to tank.

Not a tank, so I'm not quite certain why it would matter who they target...you still have to taunt them and keep them away from people tasked with keeping the shields down. But yeah, their targeting definitely seems different...our tanks are good, but I still had to keep my finger on the stun-break button just in case. We haven't had a clicker interrupted once in 2.0.

Haven't seen this. Only oddity we've seen on that mechanic is that someone was targeted for deletion with their own color, and end up clearing it themselves (consumed their buff, deletion didn't happen). We never saw that pre-2.0, and came to believe it couldn't happen.

I've seen that happen as well, this was a different colour. That's an intended mechanic as far as I can tell.

Are you certain of this? We rarely have both people of the same color die, but I am pretty sure that even pre-2.0 you would still get their circles, and the result was a ton of damage that would take everyone to basically 10% health or so. Which led to a wipe shortly thereafter.

Fairly certain but I'll admit I may just be confusing it with SM. Still, it means if certain members die you cannot complete the fight which seems harsh outside of NiM.

Not a tank, so I'm not quite certain why it would matter who they target...you still have to taunt them and keep them away from people tasked with keeping the shields down. But yeah, their targeting definitely seems different...our tanks are good, but I still had to keep my finger on the stun-break button just in case. We haven't had a clicker interrupted once in 2.0.

When they target members of the current color they attack separate targets and whenever a tank is in the middle one will run to him, ensuring they are in range, the other will ran at the channeller which is easily taunted away. If a healer is in the middle we have a both tanks free to pick them up when they spawn. This is preferable to random targeting of one of the healers who then ends up with 2 adds on them that can only be taunted off.

Edited by grallmate

Hi All,

I've noticed the following bugs in the Op IX HM fight and was just wondering if these are isolate to us or if other have seen them since 2.0. We've downed the fight both before and after 2.0 multiple times so I know they're not caused by mistakes.

This has been around since pre 2.0, and I don't understand how it could be an intended mechanic because it can really screw a group over depending on their rng. Thankfully I've never wiped because of the shielded person losing their shield for no reason but I can see it being a possibility every time it happens.

This is just straight up not true, as other people have said

I noticed this, along with the fact that the recognizers do slightly more damage than pre 2.0, I think this was their way to attempt to give the 2nd tank "something to do" during phase 1, although it hasn't affected our strategy at all.

Edited by bigheadbrandon

Self protection is an intended mechanic as there is a way for the tanks to get the deletion on themselves guaranteed 100% of the time (and color selection may make it happen anyway randomly).

The other one is harder to see if it's a bug or not but I'm fairly sure that if the "to be deleted" guy gets to close to anybody, it will activate their shields, consuming their bubbles and getting both killed too. A bit tricky but nothing you can't solve with proper spacing and a priority system for who has to step in.

Self protection is an intended mechanic as there is a way for the tanks to get the deletion on themselves guaranteed 100% of the time (and color selection may make it happen anyway randomly).

This was a completely different colour but the same player twice. He was Blue and was called for Orange and Purple deleting in seperate runs. Both his shield and the player who was shielding him had their shields used. I know if you get called for your own colour you self shield.

The other one is harder to see if it's a bug or not but I'm fairly sure that if the "to be deleted" guy gets to close to anybody, it will activate their shields, consuming their bubbles and getting both killed too. A bit tricky but nothing you can't solve with proper spacing and a priority system for who has to step in.

The 2 of them were standing alone in the middle so I doubt it was this. Even if it was, that should still be fixed.

Re: colours still appearing when both players are dead. I have seen 2 circles be conspicuously empty after players have died but I may be confusing that with SM. As I said above, seems pretty harsh for HM, only other fight I can think of with a "you all die now" mechanic when players die is NiM Kephess

I can confirm a couple of these bugs. I've had my color(purple) used on a blue deletion while standing nowhere near the middle or the other players. I've also seen the 2 players stack in the middle and for some reason, both die without the color being consumed.

I can confirm a couple of these bugs. I've had my color(purple) used on a blue deletion while standing nowhere near the middle or the other players. I've also seen the 2 players stack in the middle and for some reason, both die without the color being consumed.

The latter was probably that the defending player didn't actually have the buff from killing the sphere or they weren't registered as on top of each other.

Hey, this used to happen to use EVERY week before 2.0, our Assassin tank (blue) would be called for deletion by any other colour and it would always activate his colour shield as well, one of the most annoying things in that fight. We made a post on the forums but nobody had heard of it before. Haven't seen it happen after 2.0 though.