Comms and 2.0

QBSlide

So I need some help guys. I have quite a bit of a ton of different comms (planetary, warzone, black hole, columi, ect.) and I wanted to know what comms should I save until after 2.0 and which ones should I spend now? I understand say spending comms on columi will be a waste since they will become obsolete. Is there a guide for this stuff anywhere? I want to be as prepped as I can be for once 2.0 hits. Thanks!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dev Post

I've noticed a lot of questions about the upcoming changes to Commendations. To help you make your spending decisions before Game Update 2.0, here are a few of the patch notes:

• Commendations from individual planets have been converted into a single "Planetary Commendation" type. Vendors that previously traded items for specific planet commendations now trade the same items for Planetary Commendations.

• Tionese Crystals have been converted to the new "Planetary Commendation" type and no longer drop from any content.

• Daily, Tionese, Columi, and Black Hole Commendations have all been converted to Classic Commendations. Missions and loot that previously awarded these commendations will now award Classic Commendations instead.

• Daily, Tionese, Columi, and Black Hole Commendations in your inventory will be converted to Classic Commendations at the following ratios:
    • Tionese Commendations - 6:1
    • Columi Commendations - 4:1
    • Daily Commendations - 4:1
    • Black Hole Commendations - 1:1

Please keep in mind that these aren't all of the notes with regards to Commendations, but I hope the info above helps anyone who is confused and trying to make sense of what's going to happen.

Edited by AmberGreen

As others have mentioned, I am concerned about the caps on the number of comms. I do not want to lose any and would rather spend some than get them cut. Is there any way we can get some confirmation as to what the caps might be? Or will all transfer no matter what?

Thanks

As others have mentioned, I am concerned about the caps on the number of comms. I do not want to lose any and would rather spend some than get them cut. Is there any way we can get some confirmation as to what the caps might be? Or will all transfer no matter what?

Thanks

The last numbers I could find were a total cap of 100 planetary commendation and 800 PvE commendations. Those numbers already include a "special" changeover cap (the normal, displayed caps will be lower, e.g., 50 planetary commendations). All commendations beyond those limits will be lost.

It would be nice to see some up to date numbers, so that people can maybe spend excess currency, if only to convert them to a few credits.

Please keep in mind that these aren't all of the notes with regards to Commendations, but I hope the info above helps anyone who is confused and trying to make sense of what's going to happen.

It would be really nice if we got official complete guide to changes from 2.0 that affect all old stuff disappearing/chaning. Like PvE quests going away, old pvp comms(centrurion etc) disappearing into thin air, and so on.

Edited by Elear

I've noticed a lot of questions about the upcoming changes to Commendations. To help you make your spending decisions before Game Update 2.0, here are a few of the patch notes:

• Commendations from individual planets have been converted into a single "Planetary Commendation" type. Vendors that previously traded items for specific planet commendations now trade the same items for Planetary Commendations.

• Tionese Crystals have been converted to the new "Planetary Commendation" type and no longer drop from any content.

• Daily, Tionese, Columi, and Black Hole Commendations have all been converted to Classic Commendations. Missions and loot that previously awarded these commendations will now award Classic Commendations instead.

• Daily, Tionese, Columi, and Black Hole Commendations in your inventory will be converted to Classic Commendations at the following ratios:

Also you can keep 100 planetary comms when 2.0 releases but you will then be limited ( after you spend the excess ) to 50 total. No weekly cap either.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

- It is worthy to keep them (any type) and wait them to be converted into new type, or buy items with them ?

I'd personally keep what doesn't get lost. IIRC you will get some new purchase options for gear you couldn't ordinarily purchase now.

The patch introduces a lot of class changes, so you may want to change some of your gear after it hits.

Another question about commendations:

- It is worthy to keep them (any type) and wait them to be converted into new type, or buy items with them ?

Columi/Tionese, worth to spend only if you need money ot will have more classic comms after conversion than overflow cap.

- daliy comms - certainly worth it, considering all stuff at daily vendors had old prices(but in classic comms), so buying before 2.0 you can get 4 times more for same price.

- BH depends, you could want to buy campaign for some reason, like perfect stat distribution of color of shell. But in most cases, buying BH piece and Campaign armiring now is cheaper than campaing pieces in 2.0. Or you don't have daily comms but want to buy stuff from daily vendor, and want to save BH comms for that.

Yes spend planetary commendations now.

Quite a few planets have good stuff, like orange outfit pieces, weapons, or even the more rare off-hand shields/focuses/generators and off-hand weapons like shotguns, vibroknives, etc. Even if they are low level items, you can always take out the mods and put in level 50 mods etc.

I've actually only kept commendations for the planets that had no gear that I wanted. Even then I spent on mods and enhancements. It's free gear that helps you level up, and as you can see, points over 100 will be wasted.

Amber can you give us the caps?? Those are the most important for me.:)

A couple of questions and concerns if you will.

-Has there been any change to the comm caps we saw on PTS? Some of these seen to be increased significantly.

-Tionese Crystals were supposed to convert to planetary comms at a 1:1 ratio yet there may have been instance where this was not the case. Also, there was no overflow for planetary comms which resulted in a loss for those with over 100 comms/crystals prior to 2.0. Any chance of addressing this.

-How, if at all, will odd comms be converted to the new system. For example if I have 57 Tionese comms, will I get 10 classic comms or only 9?

-While not many players still have any in their currency tabs, is there any chance of being able to convert Centurian, Mercenary, and Battlemaster comms to one of the newer comms (classic)?

-Lastly, touching on the comm cap again, with the new PvP gear needing level 55 to purchase, level 50 players that are or will be at the current cap before 2.0 will not be able to purchase any of the new gear for some time. This is even more of an issue for those who preordered the expansion AFTER 1/7 and do not have early access. Is it possible to remove the L55 purchase restrictions so that we can start spending our comms while retaining the level equip restriction in place? I would assume many wouldn't even bother PvPing until they hit 55 due to this restriction.

Amber can you give us the caps?? Those are the most important for me.:)

All of these were as of the last version of PTS.

PvP remained the same as live 2750/4500 with no weekly limits.

Planetary was 100 total and 50 weekly with no overflow from conversion.

Classic was 400 total, 200 weekly and 800 from overflow.

Basic was 400 total, 200 weekly with no overflow (new comm type).

Elite and Ultimate was 300 total, 150 weekly with no overflow (new comm type).

• Dev Post

Thanks

Hi telosweb,

This is a great question! The Patch Notes will include the following weekly limits for each Commendation type, which will reset at the same time as the weekly Operations lock out reset schedule. Please note that these have been updated and are not the same numbers that were on the PTS:

• Planetary Commendations - Unlimited Weekly; 50 Maximum
  • Classic Commendations - 200 Weekly; 400 Maximum
  • Basic Commendations - 300 Weekly; 600 Maximum
  • Elite Commendations - 200 Weekly; 400 Maximum
  • Ultimate Commendations - 150 Weekly; 300 Maximum

Additionally, with Game Update 2.0 there will be a one-time "overflow" limit in place that will allow players to go above the maximum. Planetary Commendations will have an overflow limit of 100, and Classic Commendations will have an overflow limit of 800. Basic, Elite, and Ultimate Commendations do not have overflow limits. The overflow limits are not in addition to the maximums amounts above; they're the total number of Commendations of that type that players will be able to hold after Game Update 2.0. Anything converted above the overflow limit will be lost. Players who have used the overflow limit and have more than the maximum number of Commendations will not be able to gain new Commendations until they fall below the maximum amounts.

Edited by AmberGreen

What level will we be able to purchase the pvp gear? This is a concern for me since there are a lot of folks who like me are close to or maxxed on comms atm? Also the PVE gear you get with comms at 55 are these restricted to purchase at 55 or can you buy them as you get comms enroute from 50 to 55?

Classic Commendations - 200 Weekly; 400 Maximum

Additionally, Classic Commendations will have an overflow limit of 800.

Can you please clarify - I'll be able to have up to 1200 Classic comms - 400 on my character and 800 overflow?