Why isn't there a WZ quitters cooldown?

bodhisattvasw

Serious? This game has been out this long and they haven't bothered to add a CD for quitters? Even Rift has a 30 minute quitters penalty.

Last warzone we cycled through AT LEAST 9 different people, and there was simply no way to win without the team we started with. We were winning, but so many cycled, we ended up losing. There simply has to be a penalty for that nonsense in the game.. It's remarkable this hasn't already been done.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason being, players would simply AFK @ a node instead if this was put into game. Simple truth.

IB 27 pages of rebuttles.

So they would be AFK kicked, and still have the cooldown.

ANY kick of a warzone should trigger a cooldown, regardless, and of course AFK checks should be automatic.. Rift essentially eliminated botters, quitters, and AFKers in their Scenarios, you'd think SWTOR would do the same thing. It can't be hard to add this.

Cycling NINE players in a single WZ is pathetic.

ANY kick of a warzone should trigger a cooldown, regardless, and of course AFK checks should be automatic.. Rift essentially eliminated botters, quitters, and AFKers in their Scenarios, you'd think SWTOR would do the same thing. It can't be hard to add this.

Cycling NINE players in a single WZ is pathetic.

Pretty sure when defending a pylon and getting defender points, you cannot be kicked. And even if it did, players would shoot once, get into combat, and then troll you. I don't disagree it's an issue, but there are plenty of instances where backfillers have helped the team compared to those that left; and vice versa, it's hard not to leave a WZ, when bads geared in greens or just absolutely do not pay attention to chat/objectives, continue to make the 15 minutes or so a colossal waste of someone elses time. It goes both ways, therefore IMO it's a moot issue.

Lastly, I'll let my agent Caeliux answer any other questions you may have, he's a Sith Lord and understands the basics more than I.

Edited by Pistols-GS

The reason being, players would simply AFK @ a node instead if this was put into game. Simple truth.

IB 27 pages of rebuttles.

Which in reality probably is better than losing people and having to play a guy down for the 30 secs it takes for a replacement to load the map and spawn, assuming that the system instantly finds a replacement. If you have a guy standing there, even if he's AFK it gives the enemies the impression that it's guarded. Not to mention that it's an extra target so that those who actually still are playing arent getting hammered.

And I know how some people like to claim that they're turning around numerous games with the help of replacements. They might turn around the few games in which someone drops in the first minute, probably because of other reasons than just "you suck and I'm quitting", but they're sure as hell not turning the "standard" quitter games where people don't start to drop until it's in practice impossible to turn the game. I'm talking about 500-250 on CW, 4-0 in Huttball, all doors lost in VS in 3 minutes etc.

Also, it's not like people arent camping nodes already when it's starting to look like a loss. Some even do it the second the enemy team gets two nodes on CW, even if the score's still 580-570. Those are the people we should eliminate from MM.

Edited by MidichIorian

There does exist sore losers who only want easy guaranteed wins they don't need to work for.

However, most everyone will tell you the same thing; if you want people to stay, stop sucking (not you specifically, but everyone as a whole.) This is how things are, if people stopped being goons and played better we'd see far less intentional quitting. It's not right to force people to humiliate themselves in a meaningless battle where their teammates are running about like beheaded chickens.

Even still, there'd be work arounds such as jumping on an alt. And if you suggest such a "quitter debuff" be a global thing then...sorry, no thanks.

You're right, we should be happy to pay money to beta test a matchmaking system. And then on top of that waste limited time for fractional rewards losses provide. Sounds like my kinda game. ;)

No thanks, I already play a dps sorc, that's the extent of my masochism. ;)

Edited by Monterone

There does exist sore losers who only want easy guaranteed wins they don't need to work for.

That's exactly the point. You don't see football players all giving up after the first field goal. Or baseball players giving up the minute the other team gets a run in.

You can't win every match you play. One side wins, one side loses. But quitting in droves the minute it seems like you may have to put some effort into a match is pitiful. There are those of us who try very hard we are in every match. And there are people who would rather not try at all, and just desert if they aren't 100% sure their team will win.

What that does is penalizes those of us who DO give it our all. Those of us who don't quit, who try hard, and who put in an effort are being rolled over so some poor sports can ditch left and right because they have no deterrent not to.

Please implement a deserter debuff. Thanks.

Lastly, I'll let my agent Caeliux answer any other questions you may have, he's a Sith Lord and understands the basics more than I.

You just want me jive in cause your excuse is,

Which this OP and answered with,

There is your AFK answer, people would get punished for acting like spoiled brats, AFK kicked with a buff.

If some of you want to do some research on this very topic, just read my responses in this wonderful thread I have conquered.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=604174&page=36

Your going to find countless excuses people make, and every single one of them deserve a deserter buff.

Truth will set you free people, some of you need to take your blinders off your glasses and see the bigger picture.

It's this simple, quitters are the same breed of bad players that make excuses in life, either way they don't contribute nothing but heartache and pain for everyone.

Lets just say a deserter buff was added, and some players out of spite decided to be baddies and goof off all match because of the buff, it would not last long.

Children when they get punished sometimes rebel against their parent for punishing them, after awhile that child finally gives in to the rules because they all of sudden know the parent isn't kidding and the rules are not bending for anyone.

That is the same thing Bioware could of done when this game was made, made a deserter buff for quitters just like Warcraft.

But, they didn't and now alot of people are suffering over it, as well people are loving the abuse of it and also love ruining games and other peoples time with the current leave warzone pass we have.

Undisputed truth ^

Everytime this idea gets brought up on this forum the quitters zerg the thread about why they shouldn't be punished for hanging their teammates out to dry.

Ironic isn't it. :rolleyes:

Edited by Caeliux

That's exactly the point. You don't see football players all giving up after the first field goal. Or baseball players giving up the minute the other team gets a run in.

They get payed to play. Give me a few hundred thousand, or a few million, dollars and I would play football with a team of retarded monkeys.

You can't win every match you play. One side wins, one side loses. But quitting in droves the minute it seems like you may have to put some effort into a match is pitiful. There are those of us who try very hard we are in every match. And there are people who would rather not try at all, and just desert if they aren't 100% sure their team will win.

No, you can't win every match and I'm guessing that most people understand this. However, a person can only put up with so much aggravation before saying that it's enough.

What that does is penalizes those of us who DO give it our all. Those of us who don't quit, who try hard, and who put in an effort are being rolled over so some poor sports can ditch left and right because they have no deterrent not to.

Please implement a deserter debuff. Thanks.

How is it penalizing you? By making you work harder than you want to in order to compensate for the open slot?

The same argument can be made by those that quit. Carrying other players is making them work harder than they want to. They don't want to have to worry about someone that decides to leave a pylon, node, or door unguarded because they got bored and feel like killing something. They also don't want to worry about whether or not the guy that is over is competent enough to call incs and is not AFK.

I'm honestly just playing Devil's Advocate here and presenting another side of the argument for people to consider.

Everytime this idea gets brought up on this forum the quitters zerg the thread about why they shouldn't be punished for hanging their teammates out to dry.

Mixed in with brain dead generalizing posts that backfillers should be obligated to stay, players that play as a teammate should have to waste their time with players who want to solo DM away from objectives or AFK, and so forth....

Edited by Joesixxpack

I will be totally against this idea until they allow us to choose which warzone I can avoid. I HATE Huttball and I leave every time it pops soooo I don't want to be penalized for something that is out of my control.

If I am forced into playing Huttball, I will AFK and I WILL trick the kick system by getting into combat every couple of minutes....so yeah this idea is not a good one.

Rift allows you to pick the battleground you want to play in so the idea works there. It will not work here the same way.

Rift essentially eliminated botters, quitters, and AFKers in their Scenarios,

If you think this, I got some swamp land in Florida for sale you might be interested in.

Muzzle your inner overbearing mom with the punishment routine. Instead, how bout adding something positive? Like warzones interesting enough and varied enough so that people want to stay? Something with decent matchmaking and a game that allowed for some strategy? Something, anything, other than 8 person teams fighting over a node, and then again a node, and repeated ad nauseum.

I believe they stated that they would rather have more incentives to stay in a warzone over putting in some sort of debuff.

I would think pride and dignity would be the reason to stay, lets face it people are leaving because there is no rules and people can do as they please.

I mean a lesson don't get taught to this rambunctious kids that quit games when the going gets tough.

Rules builds structure and growth, without rules then you have laziness and clutter among the games we play, the amount of backfill games is the sole reason why we need punishment.

The problem existed the day this game was released, and the amount of care for PvP awareness shows with the amount of hacks, exploits, and warzone quitters.

All these things exist every single day we play, I think we need some structure and stability so this game can grow, without someone from Bioware thinking like that then we are in for a sad sad truth.

And that truth is Bioware don't care, and likes players dictating games and ruining it for everyone else.

Where is the care?

However, most everyone will tell you the same thing; if you want people to stay, stop sucking (not you specifically, but everyone as a whole.) This is how things are, if people stopped being goons and played better we'd see far less intentional quitting. It's not right to force people to humiliate themselves in a meaningless battle where their teammates are running about like beheaded chickens.

Not to mention having to face a team with hackers. Who is supposed to stick around for that? Forced to play with a bunch of cheaters? No thanks.

Edited by MotorCityMan

I would rather have someone quit and leave than quit and stay.

The person that quits and stays is more of a detriment to the team than the person that leaves. At least with the person that leaves there is a chance that we could get a better player.

I've said it before in other threads, I don't hold anything against those that decide to leave a WZ. Everyone has a different level of tolerance for aggravation and if that level gets reached and the WZ stops being fun for them they can go ahead and leave.

Maybe the millions upon millions that they get paid are why they stay and take a beating..... No, on second thought, I'm sure it's because they're all team players.

Anyway, get good, get friends, or get over it. Penalizing people for playing a game is rediculous.

Players will do what they want to do. You can't really stop it. If they put in a lockout for leaving, they would stay in and go afk at a node. Or they'd still leave and jump on a alt and work on that toons daily. Again, players will do what they want. You can't stop it.