Ballast Point *Re-work*

I_LUV_CHICKN

Ballast Point is a set I have no experience using yet, as I have only one piece, but from what I've seen and witnessed, no one really uses this set anyways which leads me to believe it is a very niche type of set and overall much less desirable than most other available sets for shadows at the moment in comparison. Overall it seems very underwhelming for a Dxun MM set, unlike what Guardians and Vanguards have respectively received.

Current Set Bonus:

(2) 2% Endurance

(4) Deflection Grants Ballistic Immunity for 6 seconds, giving you immunity to movement impairing effects, knockdowns, and physics.

(6) Increase Elemental, Internal, Kinetic, and Energy damage reduction by 3%

Set Bonus Re-work:

(2) 2% Endurance

(4) Deflection Grants Ballistic Immunity for 6 seconds. giving you immunity to movement impairing effects, knockdowns. and physics.

(6) Increase Elemental, Internal, Kinetic, and Energy damage reduction by 3% and in addition when Deflection is active, increase Armor Rating by 50% for 4 seconds (Ballistic Armor Buff) *Edit*

Edited by I_LUV_CHICKN

I mean, I don't see the point of having a set bonus focused around giving you a buff that you already don't take as a utility point. Furthermore, the rework of the 6-piece would increase your defense chances by 100%, since Deflexion already grants 50% on use. This may seem good but white damage is already so rarely used that this wouldn't make sin tank better at all. I would be more in favor of coming back to the old tank set bonus, and reducing the cooldown of Deflexion by 30sec for the 6 piece, and probably just increase your internal damage reduction for the 4 piece, which are two things more important than white damage and cc immunity in both PvE and PvP.

Sin Tank already has a lot of tools against CCs, and buffing Deflexion by allowing it to do too many things would not help with the current issue of sin tank, being that you cannot rotate cooldowns like you used to with 5.X and before.

I would be more in favor of coming back to the old tank set bonus, and reducing the cooldown of Deflexion by 30sec for the 6 piece

This sounds like a good option. The physics immunity has some uses but it's on such a long cooldown. A shorter CD on Deflection could also make the set good in fights where Deflection is particularly useful, regardless of the physics immunity.

This sounds like a good option. The physics immunity has some uses but it's on such a long cooldown.

Thing is that you don't wanna use a Deflection just to resist one knockback, as you already need those precious defensive cooldowns to protect yourself from damage, as we've lost the DR on Force Speed, which is what made Sin Tank really strong in 5.0

Most knockback effects are also prevented by shroud anyway, which has a way shorter cooldown of 30sec to 1min depending on the fight, and you often don't need another immunity to top that off.

Or... You take the utility point, and you don't waste your time on a full set bonus while others like Death Knell will offer you much better advantages even tho they're adressed to DPS.

Thing is that you don't wanna use a Deflection just to resist one knockback, as you already need those precious defensive cooldowns to protect yourself from damage, as we've lost the DR on Force Speed, which is what made Sin Tank really strong in 5.0

Most knockback effects are also prevented by shroud anyway, which has a way shorter cooldown of 30sec to 1min depending on the fight, and you often don't need another immunity to top that off.

Or... You take the utility point, and you don't waste your time on a full set bonus while others like Death Knell will offer you much better advantages even tho they're adressed to DPS.

Well sure, they could change the 4 piece entirely to something more useful :D But if it's to be kept the same, a different 6 piece like that would be good.

Well sure, they could change the 4 piece entirely to something more useful :D But if it's to be kept the same, a different 6 piece like that would be good.

We already have way too much set bonuses and almost all of them are useless, reworking the ones not interesting should be better than adding a new good one on top of the lot, no ? :D

I mean, I don't see the point of having a set bonus focused around giving you a buff that you already don't take as a utility point. Furthermore, the rework of the 6-piece would increase your defense chances by 100%, since Deflexion already grants 50% on use. This may seem good but white damage is already so rarely used that this wouldn't make sin tank better at all. I would be more in favor of coming back to the old tank set bonus, and reducing the cooldown of Deflexion by 30sec for the 6 piece, and probably just increase your internal damage reduction for the 4 piece, which are two things more important than white damage and cc immunity in both PvE and PvP.

Sin Tank already has a lot of tools against CCs, and buffing Deflexion by allowing it to do too many things would not help with the current issue of sin tank, being that you cannot rotate cooldowns like you used to with 5.X and before.

Appreciate the feedback and I have to agree after some thinking about the overall Shield Chance perhaps being reworked into maybe More Armor added for those 4 seconds to help Shadows with unmitigated Damage due to wearing Light Armor versus Vanguards and Guardians.

Appreciate the feedback and I have to agree after some thinking about the overall Shield Chance perhaps being reworked into maybe More Armor added for those 4 seconds to help Shadows with unmitigated Damage due to wearing Light Armor versus Vanguards and Guardians.

Our armor index is not that different from Vanguard and Jugg tank in the end, you'd be surprised, or at least we have much more shield and absorb than the other two, so two layers of mitigation. However, internal and elemental damage completely ignores armor, which is the biggest weakness of SinTank and pretty much every other tank as well. (Hence why I like the idea of the 4-piece making use of a damage reduction from internal/elemental sources.)

I'm not suggesting a new set

You're right, sorry, it was late when I checked the forums. :D

Edited by supertimtaf

Maybe put the physics immunity on Resilience/Shroud or Force Speed?

Tbh this should be on Shroud by default, as it will indeed protect you from some knockbacks if they're force/tech based.

Talking about Force Speed, the Emersion utility point is supposed to prevent any kind of movement impairing effect iirc, maybe just extending it to physics could be interesting as well... But this would break PvP more than it is, and knockbacks aren't that common in PvE, or at least shouldn't be... So overall, I don't see the point or worth to having this in a set bonus, as it would just be another "gimmicky" set. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
Tbh this should be on Shroud by default, as it will indeed protect you from some knockbacks if they're force/tech based.

Talking about Force Speed, the Emersion utility point is supposed to prevent any kind of movement impairing effect iirc, maybe just extending it to physics could be interesting as well... But this would break PvP more than it is, and knockbacks aren't that common in PvE, or at least shouldn't be... So overall, I don't see the point or worth to having this in a set bonus, as it would just be another "gimmicky" set. :rolleyes:

Is what you're saying is that it never mattered what ability the physics immunity from this set bonus was on, because you were never going to be satisfied with it?

Edited by powerofvoid