What $15.00 a month *should* get you

Hazed

While we all go down with the ship here, I would like to ask what peeps here think their $15.00 should get them in an MMO (with regard to service/design etc).

I remember the first "Monthly fee" I paid was to Verant Interactive for Everquest. What did I get for my cash? well a full time GM staff, live events, someone I could talk to "in-game" who understood my plight directly (not some call center). I also got a continuous stream of content, that while I still paid extra for, was top notch in both design and implementation (which leads me to believe that my $$$ was being reinvested into the game and not profit).

Second game I paid monthly for was WoW up until WOTLK. Again, my money seemed to go to maintaining servers and a full time staff of GM's who understood and played the game.

I don't get the feeling GM's are playing SWTOR which is why it is in such bad shape atm, and I think this is all a result of early launch, budget, etc.

You want my $15.00 back, you gotta provide something more than "ideas" I pay for "maintenance" and "staff" not for EA to line its pockets and get richer. Seriously, if someone that was getting paid to play this game by BW, they would of sounded the alarm back in September 2011.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get the feeling GM's are playing SWTOR which is why it is in such bad shape atm, and I think this is all a result of early launch, budget, etc.

you dont look at their twitter much do you, their always about to help the longest i have had to wait for an ingame /bug /ticket responce has been 30 minutes on a sunday morning so would be about 4 AM in some parts of US ( 10 GMT +1)

i dont no why people have so many problems i have had none!

Love how everyone has these rose colored glasses about previous games. Since when did EQ1 have a "steady stream of new content"? They once went a year without adding anything new. GMs that came to you and knew your "plight"? Maybe they knew your problem but they were not able to help with it.

You guys should google a thing called "euphoric recall". I learned about it when I was at a substance abuse seminar. The drug addicts start to only remember the good times and forget the rest once they start getting clean. If EQ was so awesome why did you ever leave?

Sorry, during wrath of the lich king most of my tickets were answered via e-mail. I hardly ever saw anyone on my guild actually talk to a GM while online including myself. In vanilla wow I talked to actual game GMs. And as far as EQ. The server I was on didn't have as many live events. BUT, I was a guide for the Veeshan server and we tried our hardest to get tickets answered and try to run at least 1 live event a week.

"You want my $15.00 back, you gotta provide something more than "ideas" I pay for "maintenance" and "staff" not for EA to line its pockets and get richer."

Sorry but they didnt make this game just so you could have fun.

They made it to make money as well and there is nothing wrong with that get real.

Edited by lorelthesecond

$15 should get me a game I enjoy playing. As it stands I have unsubbed.

I agree 100% My $15 a month should get me a game I enjoy playing. I don't want special attention or anything I just want to have fun.

Oh and feel heroic, don't forget being heroic ;)

EQ had a continuous stream of content in their first year of release?

I know right. The first year went like this:

Sol B camp check. You are 100000 in like.

Lower Guk camp check. You are 100000 in line.

Go to Ogre city kill guards for coin and sword + shield loot to vendor. Wait for my spot in line. But after awhile, so many people are killing Ogre guards that the whole city is camped so we move on to the troll city and kill guards.

I should be able to play my level 50 in WZ and or FP anytime during the day.

Currently I can't play my level 50 at all.

Is that game experience worth paying for?

Yesterday I posted a thread saying Lets make a deal BioWare. You make is so I can actually play my level 50 I'll stay off your forums, They removed the thread.:(

You want my $15.00 back, you gotta provide something more than "ideas" I pay for "maintenance" and "staff" not for EA to line its pockets and get richer.

I gotta read the Terms of Service, didn't know it had a "Cater to single player" section.

It's $15 dude, your self entitlement is through the roof! Deal with the game, it's not that bad, they are working on changes, however minuscule it may seem to you. If it's not your way, then it's not the right way. That's the mentality that I see a lot on these forums. You're more than welcome to leave if the game isn't to your liking and return when it feels more "you".

I gotta read the Terms of Service, didn't know it had a "Cater to single player" section.

It's $15 dude, your self entitlement is through the roof! Deal with the game, it's not that bad, they are working on changes, however minuscule it may seem to you. If it's not your way, then it's not the right way. That's the mentality that I see a lot on these forums. You're more than welcome to leave if the game isn't to your liking and return when it feels more "you".

The game is a muck if you cant see that, well lets just say your not seeing things clearly.

EQ had a continuous stream of content in their first year of release?

I was trying to say the money from my sub went to developing Kunark and subsequent xpacs. BTW, EQ was so large on release they did not need a steady stream of content.. yes there were bugs and it sucked hard in many ways.. but that was over a decade ago.

Profit is ok.. absurd profit is stupid.. they are just trying to pad numbers for shareholders. I want to know that the people who I give my money to share my love for the game. For example, would you go to a Starbucks if their upper management did not drink coffee?

btw I don't care how fast they answer tickets.. its done by someone almost to the point of automation. I can say with 100% Certainty they do not give a crap what goes on at the CS department. I know this from personal experience, they will make sure you are happy at pretty much any cost.. even violating the integrity of the game itself.

this post is pointless, if you think you are not liking the game and what you pay for, its very simple, just stop doing it.

right now the game feels about to die, low pop, huge lack of communication, YES it is a lack of communication when we barely know anything about whats plan for the future...

we have being living day by day since this game release, with empty promes and hopes

and we still are, waiting, all will come soon...

so what i want for my $15 is to get a solid game where i know where is going to, not to live with hopes and dreams because they fail to deliver and to execute right stuff, 6 months after launch and we still have millions of bugs from day one.. lol and the sound issue still exist on a game witch strong side is the voice acting, wow.. thats pure fail

"You want my $15.00 back, you gotta provide something more than "ideas" I pay for "maintenance" and "staff" not for EA to line its pockets and get richer."

Sorry but they didnt make this game just so you could have fun.

They made it to make money as well and there is nothing wrong with that get real.

They didn't make a game for entertainment purposes so that players can have fun? Then maybe, just maybe they are in the wrong business? Because that's exactly what you're supposed to do with making video games, ensure your players have fun. If they aren't, your customers aren't entitled, you're not doing your damn job right. And saying that we should just give then money hand over fist because they made a sub par product and give us the Privelage of playing it, Is being entitled as a company. You are beholden to your consumers and fans. The Video game Industry is literally the only industry that can get away with calling it's life's blood entitled. and is a symptom of the entitlement of corporations all over the place acting like we owe them our money just because they're a corporation.

Look at the state of this game and tell me I'm wrong, I Dare you

WARNING: If you have not noticed any threads that do not offer a sugar coating or that criticize the failure of SWTOR gets deleted. I had $20k in EA stock and luckily I pulled it out before the ball dropped. I feel bad for anyone who didn't get the memo about the end game being non existent + Devs who lie about content and time lines = hundreds of thousands of people leaving.

For $15 a month I would like an end game that doesn't involve a 30-60min wait in a que for PvP. I would like open world PvP that has some mission rewards. I would like the game to have a point and be more like star wars and less like a bad mechanical copy of WOW. I would like Devs who don't lie and forum mods who allow free expression as long as it's not abusive language. I would like content added every month as promised. I would like competent Devs that deliver when and how they say they will and not go into some fantasy world of ideas and time lines that they can't really deliver on.

3 of my 4 accts have been canceled, to bad that I might be ditching the last one once my guild finds another MMO to play.

Edited by LohKey

FWIW, They've lost a ton in market cap Click on the 6Month chart, see for yourself

I know about that, and knew it was coming so I sold my ERTS position way before the release of SWTOR. Most people who trade stocks of companies in the video game industry do tend to play the games.. kind of how you know whether your investing in garbage.. which EA has become. They used to believe in making games was akin to art.. now they just want $$$$$$

I know about that, and knew it was coming so I sold my ERTS position way before the release of SWTOR. Most people who trade stocks of companies in the video game industry do tend to play the games.. kind of how you know whether your investing in garbage.. which EA has become. They used to believe in making games was akin to art.. now they just want $$$$$$

Yup, I played the beta and it looked good, but once I saw people getting to 50 after launch and getting bored with no end game content I knew it was over, thankfully I didn't lose anything.

The game is a muck if you cant see that, well lets just say your not seeing things clearly.

So I'm blind because I'm not raging over the many issues this game has? I'm well aware of the many problems in game whether it's population, bugs and class imbalance. However, I still enjoy this game and I'll be here for a while patiently waiting on fixes as I play. If the game is a muck, I do not see why you are still around. It's easy to just unsubscribe and return at your leisure.

I should be able to play my level 50 in WZ and or FP anytime during the day.

Currently I can't play my level 50 at all.

Is that game experience worth paying for?

Yesterday I posted a thread saying Lets make a deal BioWare. You make is so I can actually play my level 50 I'll stay off your forums, They removed the thread.:(

This is how thousands of players feel.