Vehicles on the fleet: out of hand!

RamathRS

This is getting ridiculous! BioWare needs to ban large vehicles on the fleet. They are WAY too big for such a crowded area.

As more and more people get their hands on one, they seem feel the desire to show it off by sitting AFK right in the middle of the heavies traffic. It is extremely rude.

It is getting harder and harder to target the mailbox, the locker, the GTN with all of these attention-deprived logging the screen!

I understand that a faster travel is nice to have on the fleet, but the use of these huge vehicles is flat out obnoxious.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got to agree - most tier 3 mounts aren't so bad, but the enormous landspeeders cause all sorts of grief, especially around mailboxes and the GTN, where I also notice a significant drop in fps, which I never have a problem with, even on Ilum.

Trust me, you dont want to have to run around the fleet .. Its must another time sink... Would be the dumbest idea ever to ban vehicles ...

You're complaining about a 20-30 SECOND differential in a game you spend HOURS on... What were you saying was dumb?

ok ban vehicles but give a a 100% run speed buff. small speeders are one thing. cars are another.

I like this idea. It's not intrusive, gets the job done and it's an ability everyone has active on default anyway.

I'll admit to being one of the offenders. I have the large landboat from KP and it just absolutely covers the screen whenever I try to do anything.

I wouldn't suggest banning vehicles as the fix though, it's annoying enough not being able to use vehicles in other places to want that annoyance brought into fleet. I think the fix is to just stop making oversized vehicles. There's no real reason why the vehicle has to be big enough to seat 8 people, when there's only one character inside.

I wouldn't suggest banning vehicles as the fix though, it's annoying enough not being able to use vehicles in other places to want that annoyance brought into fleet. I think the fix is to just stop making oversized vehicles. There's no real reason why the vehicle has to be big enough to seat 8 people, when there's only one character inside.

Well, there is that too, but public outrage at the discontinuation of a few speeders has been bad enough as is, and in all fairness members did work pretty hard for those speeders, so taking it off them isn't exactly an ideal solution from a PR perspective.

I've got to agree - most tier 3 mounts aren't so bad, but the enormous landspeeders cause all sorts of grief, especially around mailboxes and the GTN, where I also notice a significant drop in fps, which I never have a problem with, even on Ilum.

Standing alone on Ilum does not constitute 'never having a problem'. Try a 30 vs 30 or higher and say that :p

There's nothing preventing people from owning more than one vehicle and choosing to use a smaller one on the fleet. In fact, I wager just about everybody still has a lvl 25 flying lawnmower ability. Of course, the people who think they're extra cool due to sitting in a virtual barge won't use those so it's not a solution.... just saying.

Yes.. I agree.. The use of any speeder on the space station is an immersion breaker.. I don't recall anyone buzzing around on the Death Star with a speeder.. do you? This includes flashpoint ships as well.. YES, spend the extra 30 seconds running, it won't kill you.. Honestly..

Yes.. I agree.. The use of any speeder on the space station is an immersion breaker.. I don't recall anyone buzzing around on the Death Star with a speeder.. do you? This includes flashpoint ships as well.. YES, spend the extra 30 seconds running, it won't kill you.. Honestly..

Exactamundo.