So, what is it that you'd say that you do around here?

ekwalizer

Clearly you do not.

Clearly you do not understand the basic definition of the word expert. So let me break it down for you Barney style.

a person who has a comprehensive and authoritative knowledge of or skill in a particular area.

having or involving authoritative knowledge.

Being that you derived your information from someone else, you clearly lack the authoritative knowledge of the scenario in which you describe. Your friend might well be an expert on his own ability to sleep 13 hours per day in a combat zone, but that expertise does not extend to you.

My issue is not with the content of what you said but with the context around which you framed it. The irony here is that you constantly nit-pick every little thing said by just about anyone around here. What's wrong Bran, can't take the taste of your own medicine?

No amount of wordsmithing will ever make you an expert on anything related to what takes place in a combat zone because you have never been inside of one.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been an extremely avid gamer have been my whole life. i am not new to pvp in any means. been playing computer games (not talking old floppy disc games they let us play as school children) since vanilla wow. my most recent games leading up to this where MWO and warthunder both highly competitive and in the case of MWO a game that would make most of you wet your britches and go home its so brutal and insanely hard. Imagine the way you die in pvp to when you get deathballed. except you can't come back after you die that's it your out. and it does happen that fast with one wrong tactical move.

That being said what i bring is 20 years of experience gaming. with in my 4 months in this game i have level two level 60's. helped anyone would would accept my help,I give credits to those i feel in need of them (not those that beg in general chat) I joined a guild and did everything i could do in my power to help it grow,better it and help them. i am now an officer in said guild and we we are now 200+ members usually 10-20 on at any hour with around 70-80 active players (the guild charter says 108 considered active but i know for fact i have not seen that many different people in my time in the guild.

Outside of my guild if i see someone LFG to no answer for heroics if i have the time i always offer to run them at the expense of their xp from kill's. I have given several players i have seen getting knocked off there vendor mounts a rare cartel market mount with some knock off protection (nothing special usually one of the current pack ones that is cheap on the gtn at the time) If i know the answer to a question being asked i answer it properly and shoot down the trolls that don't on purpose alt+f4 is not a valid answer to anything... when i group with people low level that i am helping i always pass on all drops except deco. (deco is not essential to leveling so i consider it free game and expect everyone to need on it always unless they don't want it,this seems the rule most go by anyways)

I flag all credit spammer as spam, I don't want that annoying mail and at level 60 getting credits is hardly a real difficult task there really is no excuse to use credit spammers. you want credits do what i see others do buy a hypercrate and undercut the lowest price on the gtn for by a few credits.. did you know hyper crates go for 4 mill on the gtn? if you know what to do you can make that in almost a day or two at the most.

as far as the game goes I do near all, if i don't feel like pvping one day i rp. if i don't feel like rping i find a ops group to tag along with. if i don't feel like an ops i help guildies with daily's. there is a never ending lack of content to delve intoo for a new player and a never ending stream of people that need a gentle bit of help and not LTP NOOB GOOGLE IS A THING.

the one thing i don't touch is the horribly broken thing that is GSF. the WWII planes in war thunder fly better,aim better and the game outright plays better than GSF will ever play. It's not that i don't want to like it but lets face it how many of you would rather go play rouge squadron in all its 64 bits of graphics?

GSF is not what is good in this game GSF is a poor assembled cash grab that needs to be totally revamped or left to die and eventually scraped. i've played good vehicle fighter games my entire life. driving above gaming is my greatest skill IMO and GSF is a total sham of a game option ruled by people with fully upgraded ships that just refuse to let go of it. starting it when i have 3 years invested and around 100$ tied up in mwo, 60$ and a year tied up in warthunder it's not happening.

The worst thing for trolls i do is use my experience as an admin over a group with 13,000 members and growing, (126 members joined just this week) of international gundam model builders. i have been an admin there for almost two years now. (granted i do lose my temper at griefers occasionally I've learned the one use for GSF unflagging when you get accidentally flagged by walking into imp territory which works a lot better than hiding for 5 minutes hoping i don't get griefed) i use that experience of having to contend with people of all races and walks of life too shut down trolls and do my best to null arguments and turn them around for the better. trust me you can't one up some of the things i've seen people do and say there and i am certainly not even including the ****,ray-bans ad's and out right you **** are stupid you play with robot dolls comments. needless to say it's very hard to get under my skin with mere words. (see Gunpla Builders on face book, members, search admins, find Adam pope thats me! and my proof if any is needed) (side note if you have been banned from there you were most likely a troll or tried to sell us ray bans)

and last but far not the least. I enjoyed this game so much i did what i have not done since vanilla wow and i am paying for a sub. and buy a small to decent amount of cc each month to help support the dev's.

I realize i am new to the forums and i have said some bad stuff in the first post i ever made here. but in my personal opinion i want to see this community grow. despite all the hate i see in the forums i have found that the core community of players is a very kind caring community many of which are outright willing to jump through hoops to help and build the community ( we have a ftp guy in our guild who has donated more of his credits to the flagship than what some of our subed players have and he's hardly in the position to give away his credits he just won't take no for answer even paid for the guild back unlock so he could personally drop his creds in)

If you can excuse my grammar and this very long winded post i hope you can enjoy what i do. to all those helping build a better community may the force be with you all be it Dark or light!

It is my hope that the good in the community outshines the bad and even though we won't ever curb them we can keep the haters where they belong and enjoy our game together as a community and not as enemies

Anyone who'd quickly glance through this thread will notice how surprisingly few answers here have some dominant measures of weight in "I do Story!" or " Enjoying BW narrative" or such. People, with great consistency, list story elements as one activity among several others or barely mention it at all. I actually went through this entire thread and grand total of 5 posters made a contribution that delivered a strong impression of " this person is here only to do the story. "

This may have been addressed by other responders but your point is moot because the original question was a loaded one:

I started wondering what do people that do not raid or pvp at end game actually do?

Key word being end game so many people who don't do end game content may very well bother not posting in this thread.

Key word being end game so many people who don't do end game content may very well bother not posting in this thread.

Another key is the use of the word "actually," as if to imply that the OP cannot possibly envision anyone doing anything but raiding. "You actually don't raid?"

Edited by branmakmuffin

^

^^

I'd really like to keep on believing people aren't so insufferably sensitive to single words and subtle tones as you two seem to assume.

I suspect it mostly a cultural thing. Those who speak English as 1st language operate with certain learned need/payload of polite, empty niceties that are largely missing from several other languages. Maybe it leads to differences like " My ged, HE SAID ACTUALLY. You'se a troll!"

..This is LITTLE bit OT tho, yeah. ;p

Edited by GalacticStarfigh

What do I do? Well I wish there was more to do honestly, mini games and such. However, I enjoy being in the Star Wars universe and keep myself busy with everything except Ops. When I first started playing MMO's Ops/raids weren't a thing. That's not what MMO's were about. So a little RP, dungeons/flashpoints, collecting, 'exploring', being social via chat. All good stuff that I personally enjoy. Edited by Obsidian_Stone

I know MeNaCe-NZ was spot on with his assessment of your loaded question. A more neutral way of wording it would have been something like "I like to get to end game and raid. What do you all like to do?"

You'll find with me that I am rarely neutral in just about anything. Of course it could be that you are grasping at straws. How I worded the OP was not some carefully crafted post meant to appease the sensitive eyes of people that choose to read into things that simply aren't there.

Edited by ekwalizer

I know MeNaCe-NZ was spot on with his assessment of your loaded question. A more neutral way of wording it would have been something like "I like to get to end game and raid. What do you all like to do?"

The fact that *I* wrote the OP means that I know far better that *you* what I meant by it and my motivations for the post. Your assumption is just that, an assumption. A faulty one at that. The fact that you believe you know better than me what I meant and my motivation clearly displays your arrogance and immaturity.

If you are so opposed to the premise or motivation of this thread, feel free to disassociate yourself from it.

I'll just go back to playing my game i forgot forums where full of people who could care less about the actual game. i have better more meaningful conversation in general chat and that is just sad.!

Oooo yeah like putting the word jawa in to movie titles, amiright?