Merc is TERRIBLE

Shredit

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, i don't know mate, it's too much for me when a marauder smashes me in seconds. Yesterday i killed one face to face you know...

I kill marauders 1v1 all the time (probably around 50% of my fights). I rarely fight them "face to face". I've talked about this before, it's all about putting damage on them while keeping them from hitting you. Their range is only 4m on the great majority of their attacks.

The most curious thing is that i have the same keybinds with my commando and gunslinger. You know like burst buttons, save buttons, cc buttons etc. Commando's panel is half empty! I just don't have the skills to fill these gaps you know... Ridiculous ffs, RIDICULOUS BW!!!

You're doing it wrong. I have 2 full quick bars and I use them all.

Plasma grenade

Reserve power cell

Cryo grenade

Concussion charge

Hammer shot

Full auto

Incen round

HIB

Stockstrike

Interrupt

Medpac

Recharge cell

Assault plastique

Cc breaker

Adrenaline rush

Reactive shield

Mortar volley

Pulse cannon

Tech override

Advanced med droid

Concussion missile

.... There are more too, just don't remember off hand. I literally use every single one of those 24 abilities at some point in EVERY wz.

Edited by heechJunzi

Mercenary is currently the WEAKEST class in pvp.

On my powertech they manage to take about 20% of my health before i kill them. On my marauder about 30-40%.

Hate seeing this class on my team in a warzone, because it significantly lowers the chance of victory.

Bioware should BUFF this USELESS class ASAP.

Mercenary is currently the WEAKEST class in pvp.

On my powertech they manage to take about 20% of my health before i kill them. On my marauder about 30-40%.

Hate seeing this class on my team in a warzone, because it significantly lowers the chance of victory.

Bioware should BUFF this USELESS class ASAP.

Against gunnery/arsenal I would agree but not against pyro/assault. They should beat your mara 1v1 all the time. If they don't, then they are just bad. Against your powertech you'd pretty much beat them regardless.

Edited by Asukaa

Merc is TERRIBLE in PvP... In any 1v1 fight with anything other than a merc you will lose. Every single decent skill the merc uses has a cast time, and can also be interupted. On top of that, they decreased the range of our stun by 2/3rds? Now the Merc class is even more horrible. You give us an interupt but but nerf our stun? Ridiculous. IT'S A RANGED CLASS! Give us our stun back... If you guys don't find a way to make the merc more competitive in PvP I am going to uninstall because merc is my main. So lets recap. Stun is worthless now, the interupt has a low range and can only be used to interupt certain things, but everything on merc can be interupted... Without a heat signature damage is crap and in PvP there isn't enough time to always get a heat signature on people. I could go on and on, please fix this class....

maybe you are terrible?

Against gunnery/arsenal I would agree but not against pyro/assault. They should beat your mara 1v1 all the time. If they don't, then they are just bad.

Aren't you that person who dueled a mediocre guardian, and who eventually admitted that you weren't all that good yourself? You know, you basically wasted everyone's time in what was supposed to be a legitimate test of a commando's capability versus melee classes like sentinels and guardians?

It's sort of ironic how the only noticeable buff to Mercs, receiving an interrupt, actually ended up being a nerf to Mercs, considering Mercs are the class most susceptible to interrupts since EVERYTHING depends on Tracer: proccing Unload, heat signatures, defense screens, and improving rail shot. And now the healer Mercs are interrupting them from 30m range, a privilege that used to only be available to Gunslingers and Sorcs. Sure, we can use Power Shot if Tracer is interrupted, but it's pretty awful. The other being Lightning Sorcs. But who plays full Lightning anyway? Edited by Jenzali

It's sort of ironic how the only noticeable buff to Mercs, receiving an interrupt, actually ended up being a nerf to Mercs, considering Mercs are the class most susceptible to interrupts since EVERYTHING depends on Tracer: proccing Unload, heat signatures, defense screens, and improving rail shot. And now the healer Mercs are interrupting them from 30m range, a privilege that used to only be available to Gunslingers and Sorcs. Sure, we can use Power Shot if Tracer is interrupted, but it's pretty awful. The other being Lightning Sorcs. But who plays full Lightning anyway?

Daaaaang! I never even thought about that. I just smirk every time I interrupt Tracer Missile, knowing how absolutely frustrating it was to me as Gunnery for so long. That is a brilliant observation.

Aren't you that person who dueled a mediocre guardian, and who eventually admitted that you weren't all that good yourself? You know, you basically wasted everyone's time in what was supposed to be a legitimate test of a commando's capability versus melee classes like sentinels and guardians?

Did you not see my vids? Apparently not. They're in the sig. Judge for yourself. I never called myself a bad, only that I wasn't the best, but I was only being modest. Honestly I think there is only one merc out there on my server that is better than me. Can't remember his name, but he's in <STS> or at least was. He no longer plays.

I never called myself a bad, only that I wasn't the best

True, I suppose I didn't need to say that, as your videos show that you know what you're doing. Still, the point of that experiment was for the best to fight the best, and I recall that you were really intent on fighting that guardian who admitted they weren't all that great, which resulted in a waste of time that proved nothing.

They should just give up and delete the Merc subclass. Allow every Merc character to respec into a different class. BW consolidated servers to allow players on low pop servers to finally have access to endgame pvp. That was a good decision. For the same reason they should allow Merc toons to respec to a different class. 'Cuz no one is going to take a Merc dps on a ranked pvp team.

They should just give up and delete the Merc subclass. Allow every Merc character to respec into a different class. BW consolidated servers to allow players on low pop servers to finally have access to endgame pvp. That was a good decision. For the same reason they should allow Merc toons to respec to a different class. 'Cuz no one is going to take a Merc dps on a ranked pvp team.

Mercs/mandos are still really good in PVE. So, only PVPers suffer. Like pvp? - play glowstick. End of story.

I don't really think that removing an entire advanced class is the way to fix an advanced class. If they could make every other AC viable for pvp, surely they can devise a way to bring this one up to speed as well. The problem is that it's hard to make this class more powerful in PvP without making them even more powerful in PvE. Where they are performing very well.

BW said that they were against PvP versions of the same skills but they might need to rethink that or they will never hear the end of "Why are you buffing/nerfing XYZ in PvE/PvP, that's affecting my performance and I don't even play that aspect!".

You know I was just thinking that power shot needs to be like that move certain npcs do to ya, where they have a constant laser hitting you. That way you are getting constant damage on your target and you still have to be a turret. It would be very annoying seeing an entire wz with cross lasers like those dang sage/sorcs do with telekinetic throw/lightning. Plus power shot needs to be a useful ability anyways cause as it is no one uses it, unlike their power-tech brother who gets flame burst which is used all the time.

• 3 weeks later...
I don't really think that removing an entire advanced class is the way to fix an advanced class. .

This is BW we're talking about. Think about it- when they couldn't figure out a fix for the double instant dark infusion proc for sorcs, what did they do? They removed it. When consumption was being overused with the free procs, what did they do? Make consumption so bad- healing sorcs all respecced to lightning effusion for pvp because it's that much better for force use.

I wouldn't put it past them to remove the AC. I mean- they nerfed tracer missile into the ground despite at the time every good player saying it was extremely easy to counter, and all the whining coming from people who didn't use interrupts.

Besides- pretty sure most mercs by now have rerolled a marauder or jugg and are lolsmashing their way to easy victories.