Revan .... I'm Sorry, but Really?

Lightstrake

I love how some people are rationalizing, "I cannot believe Revan was killed by me and 4 other nerds!" By that logic, he should be able to be killed by you because you would be the nerd who played him. :p Of course, I am sure then it would be, "But he's REVAN!" :rolleyes:

And then the, "We are not special, there are millions of millions of people like us!" This picking and choosing lore at whim is having me rolling, it is so funny.

News flash: Revan is going up against an elite Imperial squad of the best the Empire can get. Lore wise, there is only you and your character who has accomplished the feats you accomplish, everyone else is just another Sith or Bounty Hunter or whatever. This is just like the whining about how canon Revan since before SWTOR was even announced was not, "my Revan."

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Revan was definetely not killed/defeated by some random guys of the street.

He was killed by a future Dark Council Member, the future Emperor's Wrath, the best Bounty Hunter in the galaxy and by very capable Imperial Agent. All of them are excellent at killing Jedi.

Think about it. If Darth Vader, Palpatine, Boba Fett and an Agent Jedi Killer (I can't think of any from the Movies, sorry :( ) would team up on whatever Jedi from the movies I'm sure I know who would win.

• 2 weeks later...
I agree with the OP that some darkside characters that have received semi-legendary status in terms of their canon in the TOR universe have met some rather unceremonious ends in the game. Revan obviously, but even Malgus. He seemed to be billed as a rather pivotal figure from the trailers, but unless you pay close attention to the story contained through the flashpoints you don't deal with him much. All of sudden I do random FP and find by the end I kill him. I was scratching my head a bit at that.

• 1 month later...

I think we all need to remember these aren't the same writers as KOTOR these are the writers that gave us Mass Effect 3. Seems EA acquisition of Bioware had a significant toll on creativity.

I think we can all agree on the fact that it's just bad writing and bad storytelling. Really is a shame what they did with this character. As a fan of Kotor and the Revan I would have been just as happy if Revan's legacy lived on only through stories of him and cults created that follow his edicts, perhaps explore some of the secrets him and his followers left behind, keep his disappearance a mystery. Hell, it would have been really cool if he was inspiration for the first grey jedi. But they didn't go that route. I didn't need closure.

I think we all need to remember these aren't the same writers as KOTOR these are the writers that gave us Mass Effect 3. Seems EA acquisition of Bioware had a significant toll on creativity.

I think we can all agree on the fact that it's just bad writing and bad storytelling. Really is a shame what they did with this character. As a fan of Kotor and the Revan I would have been just as happy if Revan's legacy lived on only through stories of him and cults created that follow his edicts, perhaps explore some of the secrets him and his followers left behind, keep his disappearance a mystery. Hell, it would have been really cool if he was inspiration for the first grey jedi. But they didn't go that route. I didn't need closure.

He's inspiration for the Purple Jedi and that'll have to do, even though we're not canon.

The purple Jedi will always be canon in my eyes...

RIP Bioware.

Reviving a 3 month old thread eh?

I still don't have a problem with the way they showed Revan. I mean after Revan finally finds the Emperor, confronts him, gets betrayed by Lord Scourge, and then is defeated. He's placed in a mind prison where a 1000 year old man (Emperor) plays with his mind like it was silly puddy for 300 years. Who wouldn't go insane?

Just because Revan is a badarse doesn't make him invincible. Everyone dies eventually whether it's a happy ending or not.

Reviving a 3 month old thread eh?

I still don't have a problem with the way they showed Revan. I mean after Revan finally finds the Emperor, confronts him, gets betrayed by Lord Scourge, and then is defeated. He's placed in a mind prison where a 1000 year old man (Emperor) plays with his mind like it was silly puddy for 300 years. Who wouldn't go insane?

Just because Revan is a badarse doesn't make him invincible. Everyone dies eventually whether it's a happy ending or not.

I'm not arguing that. My point was and still is that it's bad storytelling. Unless you want to argue that it isn't and also that you feel harry potter is great literature I don't think we have much of an argument because I kinda feel you agree with me.

Edited by portichae

Here's some info on HK-47 that some of you may not know about... *possible spoilers incoming*

HK-47 appeared in Star Wars Galaxies, an MMORPG which took place between Episode IV - A New Hope and Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back. So it's a certainty that he survives the events of SWTOR.

Edited by Kyneris

Here's some info on HK-47 that some of you may not know about... *possible spoilers incoming*

HK-47 appeared in Star Wars Galaxies, an MMORPG which took place between Episode IV - A New Hope and Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back. So it's a certainty that he survives the events of SWTOR.

and

he survives those events as well.

Well the Dread Masters are the main villains of the Operations:

Eternity Vault - the bombing run used to get to their prison on Belsavis freed Soa

Karagga's Palace - they provoked Karagga into attacking the Republic/Empire

Explosive Conflict - they took control of Kephess's forces

Terror From Beyond - they release the Terror to "sow fear."

Scum and Villainy (datamined) - they ally themselves with the Hutts

Dread Masters (datamined) - the final battle against their legacy of fear

So I'm hoping that rather than a new enemy or Malgus (who's coming back eventually) that Revan is the primary Operation enemy after the DMs.

Eternity Vault - the bombing run used to get to their prison on Belsavis freed Soa

So I'm hoping that rather than a new enemy or Malgus (who's coming back eventually) that Revan is the primary Operation enemy after the DMs.

Why would Revan be an operations enemy?

It was a poor idea to have Revan someone for anyone to fight in the first place. Only way I'd probably want to see Revan again is in KOTOR3 and no TOR is definitly "not" KOTOR3. WIth that in mind we better be playing "as" Revan whenever that comes out.

Edited by JediMasterRevan

Only way I'd probably want to see Revan again is in KOTOR3 and no TOR is definitly "not" KOTOR3. WIth that in mind we better be playing "as" Revan whenever that comes out.

The Jedi Knight storyline = KotOR 3.

KotOR was Revan's story.

KotOR II expanded on the backstory of Revan but was the story of Meetra Surik, the Jedi Exile.

The book "Revan" continues where KotOR II left off and leads into the Jedi Knight story-arc (through the companion character Lord Scourge and the Emperor).

Ergo Jedi Knight story = KotOR 3.

The Jedi Knight storyline = KotOR 3.

KotOR was Revan's story.

KotOR II expanded on the backstory of Revan but was the story of Meetra Surik, the Jedi Exile.

The book "Revan" continues where KotOR II left off and leads into the Jedi Knight story-arc (through the companion character Lord Scourge and the Emperor).

Ergo Jedi Knight story = KotOR 3.

Errm...Bioware is already working on Kotor 3.

WARNING *SPOILER ALERT - SPOILER ALERT* DO NOT READ IF YOU WANT IT TO BE SPOILED******

As many players of the Empire know, there's a flashpoint where you enter a Foundry area [i'm mainly Republic so I don't know the name] and it was owned by Revan. I knew Revan had to be alive during the game even before I found out about the flashpoint. I had reasoning with Revan being so strong in the Force, he can survive 300 years as Yoda did for 800-900 years.

I was glad they gave him a face to his mysterious stranger personality of masking his face. [Did anyone catch the reference? ^_^] But the way you left his story was just horrible. I'm sorry, but the way HK was destroyed too was pretty bad as well. In KotOR II you have a mini-quest to repair him, and I'm sure if you had the chance to do so again you would, but he won't be the same and I'm positive the Empire just destroyed him.

Revan had such a rich history and made the KotOR games amazing. Revan was the star of it, not the Wars, not the companions, Revan. His book was amazing and answers some left-over questions we had such as the Emperor, True Sith, the Exile, etc. I just don't like how you left him like that was horrible.

His death should've had been more honorable and even make the most ruthless Empire players feel bad about killing him. I hope you plan on doing something with his death like maybe he transported through the Force or something. I know it was time to say good-bye to our faithful friend, but I just think it should've been more cinematic for him. He is the one of the only reasons why The Old Republic was made and had so much success because KotOR players knew the back-story.

I hope you enjoyed part of my rant, just sad to see his death this way instead of another way.

If you had paid closer attention to the ending cinematic of the flashpoint you would realize that you actually didnt kill him. Just like the JK (and I dont agree with this but havent seen the JK Story ending yet.) supposedly killed the Emperor but didnt (when until I play the final part of the story myself I still believe the JK kills the actual Emperor).

If you had paid closer attention to the ending cinematic of the flashpoint you would realize that you actually didnt kill him. Just like the JK (and I dont agree with this but havent seen the JK Story ending yet.) supposedly killed the Emperor but didnt (when until I play the final part of the story myself I still believe the JK kills the actual Emperor).

Best way I can tell it wasn't him is, you meet him twice, first time he's exactly what is described in the Revan noval, 2nd time...different person.

Actually, in the sith warrior storyline you discover that the emperor likes bestowing titles such as voice of the emperor on loyal subjects. in the end of the jedi knight storyline, you merely kill the voice of the emperor, his "ambassador" for lack of a better term to the sith empire.

And if you pay very close attention to revan's health bar, it never actually hits zero, it simply reaches a minimum number and then he becomes invincible while he spouts his line and teleports away. my bet is he will show up again, but this time hk-47 will be fighting alongside him.