So, is it useless to craft level 50 orange lightsabers?

Majestic_Jazz

I have a schematic for level 20 orange lightsabers/double-bladed lightsabers and I have a schematic for level 50 lightsabers/double-bladed lightsabers. You would think that in the long run, I would make more profit from the level 50 schematic, correct?

But when you look at the logic, it seems like a waste of time to try to crafting the level 50 orange saber. Why? Because they are orange gear and they are dependant on the mods placed in them. So really, a level 50 player can buy my level 20 orange saber and place all of his level 50 mods in them and get the same effect.

So why would I blow more money/time into trying to gather to crafting material for the level 50 orange schematics when I can put less money/time into gathering the material for the level 20 orange schematics and still make my profit!

Am I making any sense or am I over-looking something?

Nope. They really should have made all orange schematics the same difficulty to craft, and use the same grade mats. (though not neccessarily the same mats... one of the annoying things about armstech/artifice is all the orange weapons (of that crew skill) use the exact same mats, so the other mats for that grade, which you'll get an equal number of (on average) just pile up. Edited by GnatB

The difference is level 50 sabers are supposed to look better, but I doubt many people care how pretty their hilt looks. Plus, what I've noticed with gear is my personal taste makes me like low level gear better, the high level stuff tends to look too gaudy and clownish for my taste. With 1.3 the augment slot will be based on level so level 20 orange crit items won't be able to hold 50 augments without going to the augment table, but considering you can add an augment to anything in 1.3 including social gear there will be less reason to bother with crafted orange gear at all.

The big difference will be when 1.3 comes out. If you crit craft a level 20 weapon it's get a rank 2 augment slot (able to handle augments up to level 23). If you crit craft a level 50 saber it'll have a rank 6 augment slot (able to handle all augments).

It maybe worth it in 1.3.. problem is IF you get a crit every 5 lightsabers at lvl50, its cost you about 70 - 80k in mats. Mainly beucase you cant RE the duds (stupid i know). So you really need to charge the 80 - 99k for the light saber. Plus it guts the artificer of grade 6 stuff, just to make 3 - 5 crit sabers for 99K each. It kinda isnt worth having to spend ages and ages doing hour missions over and over.. just to replenish stocks.

With augment kits it MAY make the lvl50 saber obsoleet. i mean my sales have dropped masively in both as everyone preps for 1.3. It really depends on the cost of the augment kit and afdding the slot to say a colmuni.

I know its expensive moving stuff in and out, some players may simply just augment a new rakata saber as it arrives.

I know its expensive moving stuff in and out, some players may simply just augment a new rakata saber as it arrives.

That would make the most sense because again, who looks at their hilts, for all I know the rakata saber hilt is prettiest, unless a person want specific orange gear for the look, which they can buy the non-crit version of for cheap anyway, the most sensible thing to do is just add the augment slots to your gear instead of trying to get your gear to crit.

Hi OP:

It was for me, but maybe I'm doing it wrong....

I made the double-bladed L400 lightsaber from Artifice.

In that item, you can place 3 different things, Hilt, Mod?, and something else? I forget what the other two names are.

Whatever those 3 things are, I made all 3 of the L400 craftable items, from the Artifice guy (Hilt), and maybe my Cybertech guy (the other 2 slots).

Anyhoo... after combining all of them, I noticed that the resulting double-bladed lightsaber was a bit WORSE than the Recruit L50 double-bladed saber I bought for (I think?) 38,000 credits.

Can anyone tell me what I did wrong, if anything? I''m asking seriously.

Based on my results, the answer to the OP, is yes, it is useless.

Hi OP:

It was for me, but maybe I'm doing it wrong....

I made the double-bladed L400 lightsaber from Artifice.

In that item, you can place 3 different things, Hilt, Mod?, and something else? I forget what the other two names are.

Whatever those 3 things are, I made all 3 of the L400 craftable items, from the Artifice guy (Hilt), and maybe my Cybertech guy (the other 2 slots).

Anyhoo... after combining all of them, I noticed that the resulting double-bladed lightsaber was a bit WORSE than the Recruit L50 double-bladed saber I bought for (I think?) 38,000 credits.

Can anyone tell me what I did wrong, if anything? I''m asking seriously.

Based on my results, the answer to the OP, is yes, it is useless.

You did nothing wrong. Working as intended. The highest stuff you can make is 49 unless you get schematics from REing stuff you get off operations and such, you can't buy the highest schematics, you have to grind them, however you can buy, relatively cheap gear better than anything you could have crafted.

I dont really bother making lightsabers as the non augmented versions simply dont sell as the market is flooded with them and the augmented versions dont really sell for enough to justify the cost and time. However if you care about looks the purchasable schematics like "Truthseeker" that require biometric crystal alloys look way cooler and may sell for quite a bit if you can find a market that cares about appearance.

I make most of my money from artifice by selling crystals aswell as a campaign relic schematic i got from REing

It maybe worth it in 1.3.. problem is IF you get a crit every 5 lightsabers at lvl50, its cost you about 70 - 80k in mats. Mainly beucase you cant RE the duds (stupid i know). So you really need to charge the 80 - 99k for the light saber. Plus it guts the artificer of grade 6 stuff, just to make 3 - 5 crit sabers for 99K each. It kinda isnt worth having to spend ages and ages doing hour missions over and over.. just to replenish stocks.

With augment kits it MAY make the lvl50 saber obsoleet. i mean my sales have dropped masively in both as everyone preps for 1.3. It really depends on the cost of the augment kit and afdding the slot to say a colmuni.

I think if you want to make some money with augmented sabers after 1.3 hits ( at least for a while ), you might consider to crit craft the lvl 20 ones and put a green lvl 49 augment on them (before the patch goes live)

I think if you want to make some money with augmented sabers after 1.3 hits ( at least for a while ), you might consider to crit craft the lvl 20 ones and put a green lvl 49 augment on them (before the patch goes live)

Doesn't that bind it to you?

Good point.

I think that, in any case, I will wait until 1.3 hits and see how much the augment kits cost to make and how much time they take to craft. I guess to me, there is not much money to be made by crit crafting orange light sabers and gear and making the augments to secure the lvl 49 slot. I guess it is also not clear to me what will happen to augment slotted oranges when 1.3 goes live. For example, if I have a level 20 orange on my level 30 character with a level 27 augment in it, will I be frozen at augment level 27 or will the piece retain the ability to upgrade the augments as the character levels up. Will only post patch crit crafted augment slots be restricted?

I also wonder about the augment kits. One person commented in another thread that they will be cheap and easy. I have no idea, If that is the case and crit crafted gear is restricted, then there will be absolutely no reason to crit craft any gear and so crit crafting will become a thing of the past. Is this what BW wants? I hope that they thought this out and know what they are doing.

Good point.

I think that, in any case, I will wait until 1.3 hits and see how much the augment kits cost to make and how much time they take to craft. I guess to me, there is not much money to be made by crit crafting orange light sabers and gear and making the augments to secure the lvl 49 slot. I guess it is also not clear to me what will happen to augment slotted oranges when 1.3 goes live. For example, if I have a level 20 orange on my level 30 character with a level 27 augment in it, will I be frozen at augment level 27 or will the piece retain the ability to upgrade the augments as the character levels up. Will only post patch crit crafted augment slots be restricted?

When 1.3 hits, all slots with an augment will be upgraded to whatever tier that augment belongs to, and they will stay like that. In your example, if you want to keep upgrading the augment in that orange, you'll have to upgrade the slot as well.

I also wonder about the augment kits. One person commented in another thread that they will be cheap and easy. I have no idea, If that is the case and crit crafted gear is restricted, then there will be absolutely no reason to crit craft any gear and so crit crafting will become a thing of the past. Is this what BW wants? I hope that they thought this out and know what they are doing.

IIRC, you need to RE 10 pieces (that could get and augment slot) to get the necesary mats for 1 kit. Synthweavers will use cheap lvl 49 green bracers to produce the mats via RE. I dont konw how much those grade 6 level mats cost in comparison to the mats you require to create a lvl 20 saber with an augment slot. The lvl 20 ones are cheaper ofc, but you need a bunch of them. Also, I don't know how much it costs, but in order to add the augment slot with a kit, you have to pay, so that's a plus in terms of cost for the buyer

I think crit crafting gear (that could get an augment slot) after 1.3 will be welcomed contingency, because you won't have to use a kit. But crit crafting stuff like the actual augments, or enhancements is really nice. That won't change in 1.3 . On my "new" server I sold yesterday 3 power augments at 100k each, but I crafted only 2. Pure profit. Could have used a crit when I made my pink crystal though :D

Edited by wainot-keel