Please add Mastor Ranos and Niko Okarr to the Cartel Market.

Kozuka

A significant amount of time has past since these characters were available and I would love to get hold of them. Happy to pay a reasonable 4 figure amount of Carel Coins for them so they retain some level of exclusivity. Edited by Kozuka

A significant amount of time has past since these characters were available and I would love to get hold of them. Happy to pay a reasonable 4 figure amount of Carel Coins for them so they retain some level of exclusivity.

^I've spoken on this before (have them both, and all the other companions), it makes sense. Nico and Shae Vizla are in this game's opening cinematics.

It makes no sense NOT to bring them back. Especially, when HK-55 and The Shroud are on the CM now, and they were just a little backstory.

Shae Vizla was the poster girl of this game when it came out, even I admit that Nico and Shae Vizla on the CM just makes sense and needs to happen. Newer players see them in the opening, only to be like what the heck later, and for good reason.

Edited by Willjb

^I've spoken on this before (have them both, and all the other companions), it makes sense. Nico and Shae Vizla are in this game's opening cinematics.

It makes no sense NOT to bring them back. Especially, when HK-55 and The Shroud are on the CM now, and they were just a little backstory.

Shae Vizla was the poster girl of this game when it came out, even I admit that Nico and Shae Vizla on the CM just makes sense and needs to happen. Newer players see them in the opening, only to be like what the heck later, and for good reason.

Except the OP was asking for Master Ranos and that one I don't agree with. That was a reward for doing the dark and light event, not a sub reward.

A significant amount of time has past since these characters were available and I would love to get hold of them. Happy to pay a reasonable 4 figure amount of Carel Coins for them so they retain some level of exclusivity.

Nico, sure no problem. Master Ranos no. She was a reward for doing the dark and light event. You actually had to do things to get her and I don't think putting her on the CM should be done.

Except the OP was asking for Master Ranos and that one I don't agree with. That was a reward for doing the dark and light event, not a sub reward.

^ Yeah, Ranos and Nico, that's a first. So used to seeing Nico and Shae, incessantly: they should be sold on the CM together (or separately, idk). I agree, Master Ranos was an event reward, so no CM for that one; should just bring back a (revamped) DvL event (as events are meant to come back.)

Edited by Willjb

As someone who slogged through the DvL event, no... a lot of work went into that.

This is where I am on subscriber vs event rewards. Subscriber, all you had to do was have your card charged by a certain date no effort. Having rewards had no effect on me playing the game, they were just there as I qualified. Me playing the game isn't based on what I have and what others don't. Bring them back... on the market, or for new subscribers as a reward.

Now event rewards especially Ranos... you had to actually play the game. I'll never do the DvL event again if brought back... I did it to complete the class I didn't do... but if they did some do an achievement or alliance alert that was as detailed as the event to get Ranos... I'm down for that.

As someone who slogged through the DvL event, no... a lot of work went into that.

This is where I am on subscriber vs event rewards. Subscriber, all you had to do was have your card charged by a certain date no effort. Having rewards had no effect on me playing the game, they were just there as I qualified. Me playing the game isn't based on what I have and what others don't. Bring them back... on the market, or for new subscribers as a reward.

Now event rewards especially Ranos... you had to actually play the game. I'll never do the DvL event again if brought back... I did it to complete the class I didn't do... but if they did some do an achievement or alliance alert that was as detailed as the event to get Ranos... I'm down for that.

^I think the loyal customers who already have all the sub rewards should still get NEW stuff, rather than rehashing old all the time. Just give new sub rewards while posting old ones on the CM on short term periodic sales, WITH UPDATED SUPPLEMENTAL CONTENT like HK lightsaber & dualsaber to go w the HK sub guns, so the have's aren't get hosed for their loyalty in favor of anyone walking off the street that can buy this stuff at their whim.

Edited by Willjb

Regarding Ranos, they have been talking more and more about this recently. I wouldn't be surprised if she is made available again sometime this year. And yes, based on what was mentioned in the December livestream, it will likely be in the form of some kind of "event" or gameplay requirement to obtain her, so that the "effort is comparable" to what it took to get her originally.

This argument will never go away.

As long as EA puts out rewards for logging in during a specific time frame, like getting the recent pet, or having players labor at accomplishing tasks only available during a certain time frame, thereby creating exclusivity, there will always be this back-and forth.

People who worked hard to overcome reward hurdles will feel cheapened and their time wasted if what they worked for is suddenly available for zero effort other than someone having a few extra cartel coins in their pocket.

People who did not participate who have no idea the work that went into getting those rewards will nullify or dismiss the efforts of those who went before them, offering to pay cartel coin in lieu of that hard work or demand the event be re-run, even though the event introduced an expansion pack and would make no sense to re-run now, and would ignore that it's completely out of context with where the story is now.

Doesn't matter which side you fall in this argument, no one's listening to each other, so every time a new player gets a pang of jealousy because someone who came before them has something they don't, presto, we'll get more threads like this.

And it won't end.

This isn't the only game that offers time-specific or event-specific rewards. I have 13 YEARS worth of veteran rewards -- houses / mounts / decorations / mercenaries (companions) / travel tokens / health / self-resurrection / group summoning tokens / experience boosts -- all manner of things in Everquest 2. New players must wait until their account ages 7 years to get one of the fanciest player mansions in the game.

So in that context, sitting here watching these arguments, either EA stops offering such labor-intensive hurdles for rewards altogether so as not to pit players against each other on either side of this issue, or EA works harder at instilling the notion among its player base that this is how the game works. Just like what you might find elsewhere.

Edited by xordevoreaux