Han Solo movie will probably fail.

So some of you might have heard they are going to do a Han Solo spin off and...ugh! The two makers of Lego movie are going to be behind it. Already concerned about the outcome here.

Now I have already heard many naysayers going on about how bad they think Force Awakens will be. Of course there is the whole "Disney's gonna ruin Star Wars" rant and all that. As I have swaid before...I have faith in Disney, I already am betting that I will like Ep 7 over 2 and 3, and I felt Abrams actually did well by the Trek movies and will work the same magic here.

But knowing who will be behind the Han Solo spin off.....uncertain that future is...

Edited by AhsokaTanorules

....this is what i hear....

"I think <insertthing> is going to be bad, mmkay. Even if the makers have proven they know how to sue the tools of filmaking well...but those that say <insertname> is going to bad, I disagree because the filmmaker knows how to sue the tools of the trade (even if he missed the entire point of star trek)."

Double standards.

An opinion is like an ***hole, everyone has one, but it still only dribbles ****

The realistic outcomes, none of our opinions are truly educated as many film makers have wowed viewers when they changed from the styles they usually did. So do we know what we are talking about until we see the product? No.

Just blowing hot-air until we do.

I'd give it a bit, I was disappointed as well when Disney first bought Star Wars, TCW was cancelled (right when it was actually getting good), No more 1313 and all the best Star Wars content now being turned into "Legends". I didn't care for Rebels or the new movies at first but after watching all of Rebels to date I got to say I been quite impressed with it especially that great season 2 start. The new movie trailers look interesting to keep me engaged with the sequels (can it really be worst then The Phantom Menace??) and of course we got Battlefront on the way :) . Honestly EA taking over the Star Wars licence was a turning point for me, there hasn't been many Star Wars games for awhile the last good one besides SWTOR was 09 or something with The Force Unleashed.

Also the Tarkin novel was fantastic IMO and I'm reading Dark Disciple now. Overall Disney has done well and brought new life into the Star Wars universe I'm still disappointed TCW was cancelled but it only had like two seasons left and after that what then?? Pretty much nothing.

I'd give it a bit, I was disappointed as well when Disney first bought Star Wars, TCW was cancelled (right when it was actually getting good), No more 1313 and all the best Star Wars content now being turned into "Legends". I didn't care for Rebels or the new movies at first but after watching all of Rebels to date I got to say I been quite impressed with it especially that great season 2 start. The new movie trailers look interesting to keep me engaged with the sequels (can it really be worst then The Phantom Menace??) and of course we got Battlefront on the way :) . Honestly EA taking over the Star Wars licence was a turning point for me, there hasn't been many Star Wars games for awhile the last good one besides SWTOR was 09 or something with The Force Unleashed.

Also the Tarkin novel was fantastic IMO and I'm reading Dark Disciple now. Overall Disney has done well and brought new life into the Star Wars universe I'm still disappointed TCW was cancelled but it only had like two seasons left and after that what then?? Pretty much nothing.

^^^^^This is how feel, well said

So some of you might have heard they are going to do a Han Solo spin off and...ugh! The two makers of Lego movie are going to be behind it. Already concerned about the outcome here.

Now I have already heard many naysayers going on about how bad they think Force Awakens will be. Of course there is the whole "Disney's gonna ruin Star Wars" rant and all that. As I have swaid before...I have faith in Disney, I already am betting that I will like Ep 7 over 2 and 3, and I felt Abrams actually did well by the Trek movies and will work the same magic here.

But knowing who will be behind the Han Solo spin off.....uncertain that future is...

*Groan*

Look, the Lego Movie was fantastic, so honestly, the fact the people behind it are making the Han Solo movie actually make me more excited.

And I suspect I'm not alone in my belief, since there are a LOT more people who liked the Lego Movie than people who didn't.

See if they did it right i could see this going very well. I have red some of the Han Solo books and they were amazing. Some of my favorite books that i have ever read. But since the people of Lego Movie are behind it i could definitely see it going down a bad path. But if they actually followed some of the books i think they could have an amazing movie being produced.

People screamed for months that Guardians of the Galaxy would fail, and it was a 100% success. I am pretty confident the Han movie will have a similar feel to that one and am not concerned at all about it.

Now, if we ever get to the Star Wars equivalent of the new Terminator film, then maybe. But that would only be the case if this Han movie was going to be an action movie staring Ford today.