The Star Wars Character Tournament!

Beniboybling

In a stroke of pure genius, Lucasarts have decided to host there own vote based popularity tournament on starwars.com. That's right, an epic tournament between the light and the dark side! To quote:

It's a showdown between the Light Side and Dark Side in the first This Is Madness tournament! Vote for your favorite Jedi, Sith, scoundrel, Rebel, or bounty hunter and help decide who is, once and for all, the galaxy's most popular Star Wars character.

The first round begins on Monday, March 18! Cast your votes and come back every day for new matchups and results, and be sure to visit us on Tuesday, April 9, to see who will be named winner of This Is Madness!

Sound epic? You bet. Check out the tournament brackets here including a personal message from Darth Vader. I for one, will be voting Ventress all the way!

Shame it is only T-canon and above though.

T-Canon?

And here was me about to cast a vote for Handmaiden :(

Ventress or Tano for me I guess then, or Shak Ti...

But who are we kidding? Palpy/Vader/Kenobi/Yoda/Windu/Luke/Leia/Han will be the main contenders, but then again, if you even go to the Star Wars site looking for anything other than game/film movies you have to be versed in some level of EU.... I hope.

I take it you'll be casting a vote for Plo Knoon Aubere? :D

He's not there. :(

More sadness. :(:(:(:(

I'll stick with my man Yoda for this one, though.

Oh god, if even aubere is voting for yoda, you know our "little green friend" is gonna decimate the others, except maybe papa palpy...

Oh god, if even aubere is voting for yoda, you know our "little green friend" is gonna decimate the others, except maybe papa palpy...

I think it will come down to Palpatine vs. Yoda. And we know how that went down in ROTS so I think Palpatine will eventually win. Of course that relies on factual voting rather than popularity voting (like the Injustice Gods Among Us Battle Arena). Heck, we may see Palps get taken out in the first round.

But let's wait and see.

I think it will come down to Palpatine vs. Yoda. And we know how that went down in ROTS so I think Palpatine will eventually win. Of course that relies on factual voting rather than popularity voting (like the Injustice Gods Among Us Battle Arena). Heck, we may see Palps get taken out in the first round.

But let's wait and see.

Lets remember though, this is a popularity contest not a vs matchup. Palpatine is up against IG-88 by the way, I reckon he will win.

If Hondo Onaka loses to cad bane I think it's time I leave Star Wars for good.... Ventress and maul will be close, putting wedge and like together was stupid, Luke will devour him...

Leia > Padme

Vader > grievious

Crumb > Jabba

Dooku and Tarkin are close, but those not professed in the EU will dislike tarken IMO

Palpy> IG-88, I think that's why they're together and like and wedge are... Don't want the big contenders out soon.

Yoda and mace is too close to call...

Leia > Padme

Tano > Rex...

At least, these are my guesses.... Idk and Idc about R2-D2 vs C3-PO, though I think r2 would take it, he's just too cute <3

This is how brackets go. High seeds get the benefit of facing the lowest seeds first.

Point, but even so at least some of the others are at least recognizable compared to IG-88 well...and Dengar. You'd need to look into the EU, to really know those chars which I don't think a huge majority of fans do know.

Point, but even so at least some of the others are at least recognizable compared to IG-88 well...and Dengar. You'd need to look into the EU, to really know those chars which I don't think a huge majority of fans do know.
I think IG-88 is more iconic than Dengar, but *shrug* this is a popularity contest. Then again... the guys got a
Edited by Beniboybling

Well, I know who I'm voting for.

Han Solo to shoot first

Obi-Wan to beat Qui-Gon

Luke over Wedge

Yoda gets a close win over Mace

R2-D2

Leia

Chewbacca

Ahsoka

Vader

Darth Maul

Crumb

Cad Bane

Boba Fett

Jango Fett

Dooku

Palpatine

Gonna be interesting to see if my picks win.

My votes:

Han Solo - because he said one of my favourite Star Wars quotes: 'laugh it up fuzzball'

Qui-Gon Jinn - defying the Jedi Council is always a good thing.

Luke Skywalker - cause you gotta love a hero.

Mace Windu - because he's Samuel &%£$@#? Jackson! And Yoda gives terrible advice

C-3P0 - gotta love him, and those puns? Golden.

Princess Leia - totally digging those cinnamon buns.

Chewbacca - raaaghr!

Ashoka Tano - she has grown on me.

Grievous - a difficult choice, but I know where my loyalties lie.

Ventress - another difficult choice, but again I am loyal to Ventress.

Jabba the Hutt - cause his laugh beats Crumb's.

Cad Bane - lets face it, he's cooler.

Boba Fett - because he seethes coolness.

Bossk - because voting for both Fetts would be unfair, and I like Trandoshans.

Count Dooku - he's a Sith Lord! Need I say more?

Emperor Palpatine - because this guy is AWESOME!

I just realised, if Ventress gets through she'll go up against Vader, and if Maul wins he'll go up against Vader. Both of those choices will be oh so painful. :(

My

Cad Bane - lets face it, he's cooler.

I just realised, if Ventress gets through she'll go up against Vader, and if Maul wins he'll go up against Vader. Both of those choices will be oh so painful. :(

How dare you.

Our friendship is over. :p

Anyone who says "Insolence? We are PIRATES... We don't even know the meaning of the word" cannot be less cool than anyone.... Period.

And loyalty to ventress is far stronger than to vader :p

Edited by Selenial

How dare you.

Our friendship is over. :p

Anyone who says "Insolence? We are PIRATES... We don't even know the meaning of the word" cannot be less cool than anyone.... Period.

And loyalty to ventress is far stronger than to vader :p

I have to admit, I did like that line. But then again, Cad Bane... and that awesome hat... :jawa_wink: