Guild named DFR

Anastastio

That is correct! Obviously the character names are not all the same but a lot of the same players (and obviously a lot of welcomed new ones)

That's awesome. I remember you guys crashing our base busts! and pwning our faces to a pulp in restuss! in fact, there was this one time, in the mando bunker, we were going down to craft a jetpack and you guys charged it and roflstomped us lol. I was gamehenge (imp bh) back in the day and mckane was my (elder) jedi, so cool to see you guys on this server!

I miss base busts... Wish they would get rid of the insta kill turrets in this game. Give us boss npcs and a reward for busting bases! :(

Give us a reason to get out into the game world and off the fleet and open world pvp will follow. If they'd add rewards for random open world pvp that would help a lot too

Give us a reason to get out into the game world and off the fleet and open world pvp will follow. If they'd add rewards for random open world pvp that would help a lot too

Even valor for kills in open world... It's not like I need a reward to pvp in open world but with things like insta kill turrets they are clearly trying to halt it. If you don't want pvp in open world you should roll on a pve server. My 0.02!

Even valor for kills in open world... It's not like I need a reward to pvp in open world but with things like insta kill turrets they are clearly trying to halt it. If you don't want pvp in open world you should roll on a pve server. My 0.02!

You know what game had great open world pvp? swg.

• 2 months later...
Anybody remember the guild war between DFR and the base-buster guild? Joined up with DFR for that one, I've never seen anything quite like that in MMO's.

We frequently had several guild wars going on at the same time in conjunction with base busts :)

Too bad they don't put faction capitals on planets that would at least be accessible to the other side

Wow!

I just saw this post and man I got chills. I don't know if anyone in DFR remembers me, but I was actually the GM/Founder of the guild way back in the day on SWG :) I remember I started the guild in June/July of 2003 with a couple of guys and I named it DFR after the Timothy Zahn "Dark Force Rising" novel. I only played SWG for about 6 months until real life intervened (started Junior year of High School...met a girl :p) and I passed leadership off.

I have a hard time remembering the names of the officers that I passed the guild off to, because it's been about 10 years and a lot of games in between, but they definitely deserve all the credit for keeping the guild going after I left. It's really a testament to them that the guild is still active and thriving today. Really exciting to see that the guild is going strong after all these years :)

All the best,

Cial

Wow!

I just saw this post and man I got chills. I don't know if anyone in DFR remembers me, but I was actually the GM/Founder of the guild way back in the day on SWG :) I remember I started the guild in June/July of 2003 with a couple of guys and I named it DFR after the Timothy Zahn "Dark Force Rising" novel. I only played SWG for about 6 months until real life intervened (started Junior year of High School...met a girl :p) and I passed leadership off.

I have a hard time remembering the names of the officers that I passed the guild off to, because it's been about 10 years and a lot of games in between, but they definitely deserve all the credit for keeping the guild going after I left. It's really a testament to them that the guild is still active and thriving today. Really exciting to see that the guild is going strong after all these years :)

All the best,

Cial

Hey!

I believe you turned it over to Teraka, that ring a bell? I joined in late 2003, must have been right after you left. Several members are still around from those days, although not all of them play swtor right now. We had mumble if you'd like to come in and say hi!

Hey!

I believe you turned it over to Teraka, that ring a bell? I joined in late 2003, must have been right after you left. Several members are still around from those days, although not all of them play swtor right now. We had mumble if you'd like to come in and say hi!

For sure! I'll send ya a pm.