[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

Adelbert

I for one am tired of big business promising its customers a product then once it is bought big business ignores and lies about why there product is not up to par, i bought a new comp, built it myself on the fact that this game was to be a high resolution option, this is BS BIOWARE, u need to fix this problem or a potential 1 million more people will not buy it, not to mention the outcry and outrage of this scam BIOWARE is causing with its fan base, and any1 wanting to call me a winer or that they are satisfied with what they got, I DONT CARE, i want what was advertised, cause this is by definition FALSE ADVERTISEMENT at its best

this is 2012, and we should not have these problems ,especially high resolution probs. Bioware is not only hurting themselves but us as well, all this does is leave the door open for future mmo's to take the reins on a " perfect mmo" that includes all the aspects an mmo should have....

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that there is a problem and they arnt fast about fixing it is bad no doubt.

What I find much more disturbing is the whole reason for this in the first place, did they really spend all that money and still fail to make a game engine that can do things like have multiple people on screen.... in an mmo... really?

This has far reaching implications about the technology powering this game and how bad bioware is at handling their own game. An mmo that cant handle massive amounts of players... brilliant.

So basically what it all comes down to is Bioware implemented REMOVE RENDERING between beta close and release (very sneaky and used car salesman like Bioware) and wants to protect their assets, and not let us have assets on our machines, EVERY OTHER GAME IN EXISTANCE OUTSIDE OF ONLIVE GAMES lets us have local assets. So we have to DOWNLOAD textures as we see them. It's not a bug, it's not a technical limitation. It's all about protecting Bioware's assets from....FANSITES. So ridiculous. Edited by Merex

TLDR:

1)Wow, lotro and Rift armor sets (even the older ones) look better and more hires when compred to the current blurry, malformed ingame sets in swtor because of this issue.

2) LOTS of people have noticed this issue and assumed it was a problem on their end, and dismayed and upset to learn the truth.

3) This is a service we pay for not a product. Please everyone keep that in mind. You own a console game, you rent an mmo. Its like Netflix vs buying a DVD. vote with your dollars according to the quality of the serivce your receiving.

mother ****. i totaly thought it was my pc. im glad i check reddit and saw an answer as to why my characters have looked like crap from day one. i completely agree that there are alot of people playing the game right now thinking that their computers are the reason the game looks so bad.

So basically what it all comes down to is Bioware implemented REMOVE RENDERING between beta close and release (very sneaky and used car salesman like Bioware) and wants to protect their assets, and not let us have assets on our machines, EVERY OTHER GAME IN EXISTANCE OUTSIDE OF ONLIVE GAMES lets us have local assets. So we have to DOWNLOAD textures as we see them. It's not a bug, it's not a technical limitation. It's all about protecting Bioware's assets from....FANSITES. So ridiculous.

This is not true, stop repeating it. There is no "remote rendering" or DRM going on.

So basically what it all comes down to is Bioware implemented REMOVE RENDERING between beta close and release (very sneaky and used car salesman like Bioware) and wants to protect their assets, and not let us have assets on our machines, EVERY OTHER GAME IN EXISTANCE OUTSIDE OF ONLIVE GAMES lets us have local assets. So we have to DOWNLOAD textures as we see them. It's not a bug, it's not a technical limitation. It's all about protecting Bioware's assets from....FANSITES. So ridiculous.

That turned out to be false. Please stop spreading false information out there.

Hmmmm not saying you are by I some times wonder if blizzard has people on here disrupting the forums.

The release of that trailer and new press pack today is really just rubbing salt in the wound for all of us. I can't believe they would have Stephen Reid post that BS yesterday and then release a bunch of PR stuff with high res textures the very next day. Bioware, you seriously need to get your act together.

Until the game the actually looks like these newly released screenshots released today of Kaon Under Siege, I am staying unsubbed. Look at the shadows! The game looks nowhere near that good. Take a look!

http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2012/01/kaon_under_siege_15.jpg

This is he first pic that made me wanna cry. My game looks good a lot better than some of those bogus pics some of you have been putting up there. But in no way does my game come close to this. Please Bioware ( hat in hand). Lemme see the beauty you withhold from me. I promise my pc can handle it.

I'm gonna still sub regardless, and so is my guild. We love the game. But I just wanna see what this game can really do when the chains are taken out