Are certain classes better as female/male?

Deconstructer

When I made my first character, an agent, it made more sense for my character to be female. It worked out pretty well and I like the story so far, but would me being male alter/improve the class story? My Sith warrior was a male because it seemed more appropriate, but when I made my first republic character, a smuggler, I also made a female. Smuggler is the one I am really up in the air about because I could see it going either way in terms of male or female. If I was to make more characters, I would probably do Female for Inquisitor and male for Bounty Hunter, or Male for Trooper and Jedi Knight while female for Consular. Does the gender make any impact on the story? Also, the voice acting.

I preferred:

Warrior: female

Inquisitor: male

Bounty Hunter: female

Agent: male

Knight: male

Consular: female

Trooper: female

Smuggler: female

They're all really good though. I'd gladly play through any class as either gender (except maybe the male consular).

I think the best are the female warrior and smuggler, honorable mention goes to the male agent.

Edited by Projawa

As far as I know, the only class where sex matters is Bounty Hunter, and that's only if you want one of their gender-specific titles you have an option to get on Alderaan.

Now, that said, it is a bit strange that there tends to only be one female Companion for each class, when you'd expect a game that's more geared towards men would have more females that players get to make their waifus.

So, if you like sausage, there's definitely a lot more of it if you're a female anything.

Edited by revial

As far as I know, the only class where sex matters is Bounty Hunter, and that's only if you want one of their gender-specific titles you have an option to get on Alderaan.

Now, that said, it is a bit strange that there tends to only be one female Companion for each class, when you'd expect a game that's more geared towards men would have more females that players get to make their waifus.

So, if you like sausage, there's definitely a lot more of it if you're a female anything.

Smuggler gets two female companions, Agent gets three. Sith Warrior gets two. That's nearly half of the classes with more than one female companion. Either way, all classes work for either gender...though some get more flirt options if they are male(smuggler and agent come to mind. Those two really get around, though I think even the female versions get more options than the other classes).

have ran Sith Warr and Jedi Knight as male - Think going female wouldn't make much diff but being able to romance Kira/Jaesa added a lot of conversation banter that I enjoyed. Not sure how it would work with female.

level 24 Agent atm - and he does a lot of flirting with every female NPC which I find hilarious - so again not sure how it would change if female instead.

The warrior storylines I think work better as a male although it really doesn't matter. I find it a little strange that playing through as a female sith warrior all the sith seemed to like me. In the reality of the universe I think at least some of the male sith's would be trying to kill my character (As you see happen to other female NPC characters in various stories).

I liked playing my agent as a female just because the male voice sounded weird. Didn't seem to fit any character I made.

I think this is just because of various game previews and real life examples. For instance, the class trailers show the class being played as one gender, and that could affect the gender people choose for their characters. Take the Sith Warrior for example. In its class trailer, it's a male, so it might plant the seed in someone's mind that male Sith Warriors are better just because that's what the trailer shows. But in reality, there is an even gender balance in the class trailers. At least for me, it's all in your head, although some genders may appeal more to certain people depending on their own gender. Hope this was helpful! :)

• 5 weeks later...
In terms of voice acting quality, I usually find that the female characters are the best. For example, the female Sith Inquisitor simply oozes evil, and the feamle IA makes for a real emotional character if played right. The stories I have completed so far would fit both male/female characters too (Neutral IA, Dark Side Sith Inquisitor and Light Side Smuggler)