Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

What’s the latest info on Lightning Sorc?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
What’s the latest info on Lightning Sorc?

Seterade's Avatar


Seterade
11.15.2019 , 04:40 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
And does anyone even use 110% accuracy in pvp?
On deception sins in meta matchs it is invaluable. getting that low slash on the sorc hlr ever 15 sec while suffering from -5% accuracy debuff and inquisitor natural 10% defence rating.

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
11.15.2019 , 08:40 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Seterade View Post
On deception sins in meta matchs it is invaluable. getting that low slash on the sorc hlr ever 15 sec while suffering from -5% accuracy debuff and inquisitor natural 10% defence rating.
Yep, I think most melee weapon damage classes need some accuracy in pvp. Most ranged and all tech and force abilities don’t need them.
I’ve been using 5% on my Jugg, but it’s a work in progress and stats are constantly influx at the moment as I get the set bonus and try to get the right mods and enhancements

MandoMetal's Avatar


MandoMetal
11.15.2019 , 09:00 PM | #33
For at least MM, Deception, and Carnage, running high accuracy used to be noticeably helpful in pvp IMO.

Those specific class specs seemingly have not changed much damage type wise, so I imagine it would still be worth running high accuracy in a lot of cases... especially in ranked where a miss can basically cost you a game at times
- All-Galaxy Roleplayer

"I may be hetero bud... but I'll blast you with so much KappaPride, it'll make ur gendr spin"

Rion_Starkiller's Avatar


Rion_Starkiller
11.18.2019 , 01:58 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Seterade View Post
On deception sins in meta matchs it is invaluable. getting that low slash on the sorc hlr ever 15 sec while suffering from -5% accuracy debuff and inquisitor natural 10% defence rating.
I ran ~104% acc in 5.0. I'm not sure what to run now in pvp because of the larger accuracy stat pool. But 108% feels good for now -- and I don't have to change out a bunch of mods/left side for pvp vs pve raids this way. Just a stim and augment IIRC.
-Beruhl, NiM Space Barbie and Solo Ranked Forum PvP (ง︡'-'︠)ง
(\/)(Ö,,,,Ö)(\/) ¦̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱(̢ ̡͇̅└͇̅┘͇̅ (▤8כ−◦
8 pugs and a grophet i do what i want major league memes can i borrow a stim?

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
12.17.2019 , 06:18 PM | #35
Still playing around with my Sorc specs on alacrity and crit. I’m honestly at an impasse on what to run.
In some situations (WZ maps) the higher alacrity seems to help, but for raw damage, the higher Crit and lower alacrity produces some good numbers (but makes it harder to self heal in some situations).

Can any other lightning Sorc’s tell me what alacrity and crit they are running so I dont have to keep pulling enhancements out and also which Nimble 80 or 80r and Adapt 80 or Adapt 80r enhancements you run (or others to get the best numbers without wasting resources).

IamtherealKyle's Avatar


IamtherealKyle
12.17.2019 , 06:45 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by jedcjedcjedc View Post
1. i dont know them off the top of my head, im not on atm.
2. there is none, it's actual trash. Like, three charges less than a single lightning strike costing 3 gcd's trash
3. Gathering Storm with Stormwatch
4. Force Sensitivity
5. It's pretty easy to get the 1.3 alacrity on sorc and pump up crit.
lmfao please ignore this ignorant post, clearly doesn't know how volt rush works

stormwatch is a meme get elemental convection and abuse double chain lightning proc w/ volt rush. don't listen to kids telling you "there is no use for volt rush" as lightning sorc

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
12.17.2019 , 07:35 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by IamtherealKyle View Post
lmfao please ignore this ignorant post, clearly doesn't know how volt rush works

stormwatch is a meme get elemental convection and abuse double chain lightning proc w/ volt rush. don't listen to kids telling you "there is no use for volt rush" as lightning sorc
Can you explain that in more detail with regards to volt rush. How is it better and how do you put it into your rotation / priority casts!

Also, any feed back on what alacrity percentage I should be using with that set up.

JediMasterAlex's Avatar


JediMasterAlex
12.17.2019 , 09:08 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by IamtherealKyle View Post
lmfao please ignore this ignorant post, clearly doesn't know how volt rush works

stormwatch is a meme get elemental convection and abuse double chain lightning proc w/ volt rush. don't listen to kids telling you "there is no use for volt rush" as lightning sorc
If you're in a situation where cleave is actually warranted, then yes. But if you're using that all the time in ranked, most of your damage will just be meaningless fluff. Stormwatch is obviously superior for single target, which is much more commonly useful.

Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Also, any feed back on what alacrity percentage I should be using with that set up.
You've basically got three options:

1.4 gcd - 331: closest you can get is a r-20 enhancement
1.3 gcd - 1895: two 286 augs, three r-3s and an r-16
1.3 gcd (1.1 under polarity shift plus 1.3 gcd one gcd early) - 2128: eight 286 augs, r-1 (or implant), r-5, r-10

No one has worked it out exactly yet, but crit should be at about 3000. Naturally 0 accuracy for pvp.

septru's Avatar


septru
12.17.2019 , 09:57 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Can you explain that in more detail with regards to volt rush. How is it better and how do you put it into your rotation / priority casts!

Also, any feed back on what alacrity percentage I should be using with that set up.
Elemental Convention is the most mind numbingly dumb 14k dps of your life. With that tactical a lightning sorc's rotation consists of 3 abilities.

Thundering blast>chain lightning>volt rush>chain lightning>volt rush repeat.

Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterAlex View Post
If you're in a situation where cleave is actually warranted, then yes. But if you're using that all the time in ranked, most of your damage will just be meaningless fluff. Stormwatch is obviously superior for single target, which is much more commonly useful.
I don't understand how players can say that 14k cleave dps is "fluff damage." 14k dps from a player is singlehandidly more than hps capacity of 90% of the healers in the game. You try to play a game against a ling sorc that is cleaving on 3+ dps and call it "fluff" damage.
-Prum, Satele Shan
"The real endgame is general chat."
The only real top 3 operative btw

JediMasterAlex's Avatar


JediMasterAlex
12.17.2019 , 10:29 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by septru View Post
I don't understand how players can say that 14k cleave dps is "fluff damage." 14k dps from a player is singlehandidly more than hps capacity of 90% of the healers in the game. You try to play a game against a ling sorc that is cleaving on 3+ dps and call it "fluff" damage.
Not saying it doesn't have its place in certain situations. But I've done 12k a few times so far with stormwatch, virtually all single target. That's generally more valuable.