Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The 40 Year and Older "Professionals" Guild

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
The 40 Year and Older "Professionals" Guild

Fight
04.01.2012 , 06:36 AM | #271
Quote: Originally Posted by Jezmondene View Post
63 year old, grandmother, retired teacher (though I still teach a class once or twice a year at the Commuity College). Got a teacher of the year award for my use of video games as a teaching tool in 1999.

Been gaming since Colecovision in the '70s and expect to be gaming for many years to come. Requirement for any assisted living facility that I move into down the road is high speed internet - the food can stink, by grandsons will bring me pizza.

Still raid a few times a week with a guild called "Old Timers" on World of Warcraft. Downed the first boss in regular Dragon Soul last night. No server firsts, but old people still get the job done.

Love SWTOR's fresh face and familiar (much enjoyed) story.

I am playing on Master Zahr Lestin (West Coast), great server, nice people so far, no queues and a fairly healthy economy - but would roll a new character to join an old folks guild. *giggle*

Currently have a friend leveling with me. A 74 year old.

Edit for afterthought: Eventually they will have server transfers, so I'd be happy to roll a new youngling and just move my main (Sage/Healer) over whenever transfers become available.
You might actually be the coolest person I have ever come across in a game before.

On a side note I will contact you guys in 9 years, I'm too young age wise at 30 but also in maturity :|
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.
Sword in a box, never forget

Subedai
04.01.2012 , 10:33 PM | #272
I'd be interested in finding a guild for over 40's. I'm 51, residing in Germany and I get 4 days a week to adventure. Currently on the Sith Meditation server, but I am willing to move. Just message Lucullis, or Ohmi in game.

overunitee
04.02.2012 , 02:03 AM | #273
@ Subadia ,
Join us at the link in my signature ,fill a "get to know you" application and welcome to a lovely enviroment .

We have completed our first hard mode yesterday ,We have PvP night wednesday were we get as many as want to and kick some *** ,we have guildies imp and rep fighting it out .

Lots of crafters and altoholics and hopefully get our first operation boss down ,Tuesday .

I must say that the voice chat when grouping really makes you feel part of the community,please don't be hesitant to use it ,contact me if you like on Overunity ,but it enriches the community feel no end .
Looking for mature gamers ?
The Red Eclipse ,Overunitiy lvl 50 Commando reroll
Sentinel lvl 12 at moment

JaeOnasi
04.03.2012 , 05:19 PM | #274
Quote: Originally Posted by Subedai View Post
I'd be interested in finding a guild for over 40's. I'm 51, residing in Germany and I get 4 days a week to adventure. Currently on the Sith Meditation server, but I am willing to move. Just message Lucullis, or Ohmi in game.
We're all on the Sith Wyrm server, Subedai. Come on over to TheOlderRepublic.com and we'll get you helped out.

Elladan
04.11.2012 , 08:59 AM | #275
Well, I just unsubscribed last week, but we'll see with this new patch how things change. I haven't found what I was looking for in this game, I may just be burned out on MMOs in general, and have some new commitments in the evenings that I didn't have prior to last year. However, I do certainly fit the profile, I'm as old as the answer to life, the universe, and everything, and have been gaming since the Sinclair ZX81 (which should tell you I was born and raised in Europe, but currently live in beautiful NJ), and have been engaged in on-line activities (chat, MUDs) since 1991. Yes, before AOHell came and ruined everything.
The Ebon Hawk:
Roanim - Sith Juggernaut ; Casiee- Mercenary; Rossume - Jedi Guardian; V'eera - Sith Sorcerer (for the heals)

GreySix
04.11.2012 , 09:16 AM | #276
Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Pappy View Post
Hi Folks,

Due to the huge response to my post a couple of weeks ago titled "The 45 Year and Older Professionals Club", a few of us have decided to start a guild geared for the "mature" aka "old" players.

In order to get this thing rolling, we need all who are interested in joining to reply with the following information:

1) Age
2) Preferred Server

Once wer have a fair amount of responses, we will choose the most common server and can then begin the process of sending invites.

Based upon the responses in the original thread, it appears that the favorite name for the guild is "The Older Republic". Look forward to teaming up with everyone!
1) 42
2) Fort Garnick (yeah, I know - it's a dead server)

BoredSolo
04.11.2012 , 09:31 AM | #277
I'm 51 and play on Sedyn Kyne with a full set of crafting Republicans. ( Faction, not Politics ) No problem with the Imperials, just haven't finished all the storylines yet. Replied to suscribe.
Violaters will be Shot! Survivors will be Shot again!

CrazyCanukk
04.11.2012 , 07:01 PM | #278
Im 44 years old...

been looking for a Guild to play with. Im currently a level 19 Jedi Shadow.

I Usually play on Drago's pleasure Barge..but i guess i could start a new character if need be on another server. wish we could move characters tbh, maybe once every 60 days would be good.

either way I am definitely interested....

I dont have much time to read this whole thread but will tomorrow for any information i probably missed.

ZORG
04.11.2012 , 07:56 PM | #279
Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Pappy View Post
Hi Folks,

Due to the huge response to my post a couple of weeks ago titled "The 45 Year and Older Professionals Club", a few of us have decided to start a guild geared for the "mature" aka "old" players.

In order to get this thing rolling, we need all who are interested in joining to reply with the following information:

1) Age
2) Preferred Server

Once wer have a fair amount of responses, we will choose the most common server and can then begin the process of sending invites.

Based upon the responses in the original thread, it appears that the favorite name for the guild is "The Older Republic". Look forward to teaming up with everyone!

Kaas City

Got alot invested in the GTN with crafting will be hard to leave.
Biochem 400
Armstech 400
Cybertech 400
Synthweaver 220
I will be making a dedicated Slicer and a Artificer and a Armortech
I wanna be able to make light medium armor and the augments

So if Kaas City wins I will be more then happy to join yas.
Fear leads to Anger
Anger leads to hate
HATE leads to suffering

Nibirui
04.12.2012 , 03:51 AM | #280
Well, I started SWTOR about the same time you started this thread. I came here with some WoW friends and they disappeared. I am still a GL for a level 25 wow guild, but am hooked on this. Not unreasonable, huh? I'm on the West Coast.

So, age 58 and even posted on Eons looking for someone that played Star Wars. I am so tired of playing with people so young that I feel guilty. I was so excited about the thread that I read it all. LOL

I just hit level 50 yesterday on Lord Adraas with a Jedi Balance Consular and have a level 36 Sith Inq and several others. I'd love to roll a new toon on Syth Wyrm. I am already used to East Coast servers from the West Coast.

I remember taking my kids to see Star Wars at the Drive In when they were little. My first gaming computer was a Rockwell AIM that had no hard drive and a paper tape roll instead of a monitor... I typed in the program everytime I wanted to play.... Othello. My Dad was a "rocket scientist" and his employer wanted to be sure they knew all about computers so they sold make it yourself kits to their employees...it was in about 1979. He ran the testing for the computer and electronics on the Apollo that landed on the moon in '69. I got woke up to watch it land. One small step.... and now look where the imagination has gone from there!

So, they are currently uploading the new patch and I can't log in...ergo, I was reading forums or might not have found you! I will roll a consular after they are done. Nice Job getting this going!

I think I will name this girl Apo'loa in honor of the history. See you soon!