Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Command Tokens?

Hellscorch
06.27.2017 , 10:58 AM | #1
Is the only way to get command tokens through the command chests at each command level? I want the tier 1 equips you can get with the points but I'm already gonna be tier 2 if the only way to get the tokens is though the crates.
[Nct - Jedi Sentinel | Cllids - Jedi Shadow | Frx - Jedi Guardian | Tigris - Gunslinger | Abysss - Sith Sorcerer | Phsm - Sith Assassin | Lcfer - Sith Marauder | Mrtm - Sith Juggernaut | Vindict - Operative | Vindict - Sniper | Vnm - Power Tech]

PiiTarr
06.27.2017 , 11:39 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Hellscorch View Post
Is the only way to get command tokens through the command chests at each command level? I want the tier 1 equips you can get with the points but I'm already gonna be tier 2 if the only way to get the tokens is though the crates.
Yes, command tokens are obtainable only through command crates. However, once you claim them from your command stash, they are bound to your legacy, so while they may not amount to enough to fully equip your first character prior to reaching tier 2, they are useful for alts, (or to purchase individual pieces you may not have received due to RNG).

BraverDre
06.27.2017 , 11:00 PM | #3
Yes. Just rank it up to level 300 by doing MM FP and Uprisings weaklies and u will get a lot of tokens from t4 crates

merovejec
06.28.2017 , 01:30 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Hellscorch View Post
Crates only and i dont see the problem of you being tier 2, that only means you will be getting more tokens out of one crate.

The buying of 230 gear is mainly useful for your alts rather then main.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.10 68130

Zhiphi
07.05.2017 , 08:43 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by BraverDre View Post
Yes. Just rank it up to level 300 by doing MM FP and Uprisings weaklies and u will get a lot of tokens from t4 crates
So at 300 you can just skip tier 2 and 3 and get tier 4 gear ?

SkyjumperAlt
07.05.2017 , 12:06 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Zhiphi View Post
So at 300 you can just skip tier 2 and 3 and get tier 4 gear ?
You receive gear from Command Crates appropriate to your GC lvl, so 1-89 T1, 90-179 T2, 180-299 T3, 300 T4.
However this does not effect the purchasing of gear from the vendor, those prices stay the same.
My referral link http://www.swtor.com/r/3MXyLk
My discord username Skyjumper(Thys)#2993

Buellzebubba
10.15.2017 , 07:42 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post
The buying of 230 gear is mainly useful for your alts rather then main.
What do you mean by this? I have several characters, none of which I would consider my main. I'm trying to get at least one character story finished in each class.

mrwayn
10.16.2017 , 03:12 AM | #8
What he meant was, that the vendor which sells the 230 gear for command-tokens was intended to gear up your 2nd/3rd/4th.... character in a basic set without having to grind through command-levels first. It was not intended to be the main source of gear for the first character you level through galactic command.
Once you brought up a character to command-level 200-300+ you'll likely have enough command tokens to buy your next character a full set of 230 gear as soon as he reaches lvl 70.
You want free stuff? This is my referal link: http://www.swtor.com/r/CfpyNm

merovejec
10.16.2017 , 03:52 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Buellzebubba View Post
What do you mean by this? I have several characters, none of which I would consider my main. I'm trying to get at least one character story finished in each class.
yes just like @mrwayn said.

Of course it depends on your play style, but people mostly have their "main" which is a toon they like and play the best and the most. Its a toon on which they want all the titles, mounts etc. Naturally this is not the case of all players, but the term "main" spread mainly due to the fact that most people do it like this.

There are also people that have much more time to play the game and really several such characters. To illustrate the difference my main has 95 days /played time, where es my alts have 40 days and less. That shows that I have played him way more than the others, making him my main toon.

You can surely use the tokens to gear you main also, if you didnt get enough gear in the crates, but statistically its not that much possible as you get 5 tokens per level in Tier 1 crates I think and in 80 ranks you get 400 tokens, which indeed is possible to gear 1 toon, but you should also have gotten some 230 gear in these 80 ranks. The system in general is designed so that any player is able to get highest gear rating doing what he likes most (like doing dailies for example) as everything gives CXP, some gives more, some less.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.10 68130