Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Handling Multiple Specs

Pain-
10.10.2017 , 09:28 AM | #1
Hi!

I'm a returning player and have been trying to get a hold of multiple specs. I currently play a sorcerer main and would love to have two specs, one for DPS and the other for healing in group content. Is there an easy way to switch between specs? Specifically what I'm trying to do is have two "separate" hotbars so I don't need to reconfigure my buttons everytime I switch.
Satele Shan - Chaotic Methods Guild
[E]Valvis | [E]Decus | [E]Kalyndriah | [R]Malcarion |
[R]Miáng | [R]Blackôut| [R]Cothbert | [E]Iselia | [E]Punishere | [E]Early |
[E]Kalyndria | [E]Eŕrly |

LordSkyKnight
10.10.2017 , 09:44 AM | #2
Nope. You are screwed here in this area. EAware never set up a system to let you save hot bar configurations to make it easy to spec swap. You will have to reset your abilities on your bar every time you change.

Pain-
10.10.2017 , 11:15 AM | #3
Ouch. oh well.. thanks for the info!

ElleSheepy
10.10.2017 , 05:15 PM | #4
The abilities always appear in the same place. What I do is abandon spec and rearrange the quickbar, leaving enough gap to keep the new abilities easy to access, and learn the new layout. Essentially just roll with it.
🐑 🐑 🐑 Seer Sage "Elleé" @ Satele Shan (ref key) 🐑 🐑 🐑
Guides: Balance Sage | Madness Sorc | Star Parse Quick Guide | Seer force management | Sage tips

Pzhang
10.10.2017 , 05:23 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Pain- View Post
Hi!

I'm a returning player and have been trying to get a hold of multiple specs. I currently play a sorcerer main and would love to have two specs, one for DPS and the other for healing in group content. Is there an easy way to switch between specs? Specifically what I'm trying to do is have two "separate" hotbars so I don't need to reconfigure my buttons everytime I switch.
I recommend making a suggestion on the Suggestion Box, under General Discussion. It would be nice to be able to set up multiple profiles on the same character (i.e. Tank Vanguard for PvP and DPS Vanguard for PvE).

JediQuaker
10.11.2017 , 08:47 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Pain- View Post
Is there an easy way to switch between specs?
Make two characters. One DPS, one healing.

ElleSheepy
10.11.2017 , 09:47 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
Make two characters. One DPS, one healing.
Well, I am happy with one main two roles. Faster group finder / LFG / member replacement, less grind (such as map exploration), one gsf hanger, one set of legacy perks, one gtn to manage, no need to account unlock dresses, and build character/player identity faster. I can't arrange abilities to perfect positions like 1>2>3>4, but a small price to pay as I can arrange enough to make it 3>2>G>B.
🐑 🐑 🐑 Seer Sage "Elleé" @ Satele Shan (ref key) 🐑 🐑 🐑
Guides: Balance Sage | Madness Sorc | Star Parse Quick Guide | Seer force management | Sage tips

JediQuaker
10.12.2017 , 08:21 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by ElleSheepy View Post
Well, I am happy with one main two roles. ....
Can you tell us what language that is, so we can run it through a translator.

Vercundus
10.13.2017 , 12:24 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by ElleSheepy View Post
The abilities always appear in the same place. What I do is abandon spec and rearrange the quickbar, leaving enough gap to keep the new abilities easy to access, and learn the new layout. Essentially just roll with it.
Unless an ability was upgraded version of the previous ability, then, when spec is reset, it will appear as a new ability, usually not in place of the upgraded version.