Legacy : Should I put my alts on hold?

Astridd

So in recent video we saw a new race options along with uncertain perks as a part of legacy system. Given the fact that race won't be something you can change in the near future, (and I doubt them to be retroactive) should I put my plans for my alts on hold?

I surely don't want to miss certain other unknown perks for my uninformed decisions at character creation. Oh well.

I wouldn't wait if there's a class you want to play. From the preview it looks like the races will be opened up across classes/factions which didn't seem to have a huge effect at gameplay imo. Other then some comments about being human (and I presume something about the player not being human if you weren't) it didn't seem to place any restrictions or open up any new quests.

Other things mentioned in the past were mainly cosmetic. It would be unfortunate if there is something you want you character to have and can't change it later (since there has been no mention of post creation visual changes yet) but this doesn't affect your day to day play either.

The only thing that might are the abilities or powers that were mentioned. I would guess that those will be available to all characters, regardless if they are new or not. Personally I have more abilities than I need now, so I don't really find anything lacking that I'd wait for. I would also have to guess that most abilities will be for conveniences or bonuses to speed things up while playing, but won't affect general gameplay for balance issues. Not really a reason to wait either imo.

I would also have to guess that most abilities will be for conveniences or bonuses to speed things up while playing, but won't affect general gameplay for balance issues. Not really a reason to wait either imo.

OR BW can make it lucrative enough to encourage people to play more alts. We'll never know until we get to see the details, and that's mindboggling because certain players have more attachment to cosmetic and trivial things than others.

So in recent video we saw a new race options along with uncertain perks as a part of legacy system. Given the fact that race won't be something you can change in the near future, (and I doubt them to be retroactive) should I put my plans for my alts on hold?

I surely don't want to miss certain other unknown perks for my uninformed decisions at character creation. Oh well.

I am putting my alts on hold. Which is odd because I thought the whole purpose to the legacy system was to get people playing more alts. I'm quickly losing faith in BW.

I'm confused with your complaint.

As of right now the species option only affects your appearance and "Social power", and a VERY limited set of dialoge responses. (Gender most likely has more overall impact on the conversations than species).

I like that the species do not carry stat weighting so you never feel forced to roll a species out of obligation to the class you wanted to play. You don't necessarily need to be a Twi'lek to be a good smuggler or a human to be a good Imperial agent. I see that as a good thing.

I'm confused with your complaint.

As of right now the species option only affects your appearance and "Social power", and a VERY limited set of dialoge responses. (Gender most likely has more overall impact on the conversations than species).

Noted. But the fact is a) some players consider species a major part of the character customization, and b) we don't even know what else this legacy system have in store to lure people into alts, when species fail to encourage a certain playerbase. More CE or preorder stuff? I doubt it. It's possible to predict something more substantial to achieve its goal.