Flashpoints For Solo Player Mode-There Is None!!-Flashpoint RipoffnMoneyGrab

:rak_02::rak_03: Right now I am furious with the Flashpoint of Ilum, I am also upset much at the Flashpoint of Maan too. Which are supposed to be for Solo Players to tank up on but in reality it has a DISCLAIMER that it is supposed to be for 6-12 Group Players and their companions....the main example I found out today after failing to complete Ilum 3 BLOODY and Maan 4 times in a row was that The Admiral of the Republic gets to spawn his 6 troopers and 6 commandoes as many times IN A ROW as he needs to defeat anyone and everyone that he encounters in his little square box FORCDFIELD CHAMBER. WHAT IS WORSE is when the Forcefield is turned off you can expect that STEALTH NPCS of the 6/6 numbers you can fight in the upwards of 226 or more as a Solo Player and your Companion as well as your BattleDroid!!!!! When I had a total of around HP56,890 points with my Sorcerer Sith PC and I thought I was facing an Admiral and his forces of about perhaps 35,890......BLAMOOOO!!!!!! Ohhhh NOOOOOOOOOOO come to find out I was battling a Republic Admiral having 390,890HP!!!!!!!!

The Flashpoint of Maan was even worse, I had about a total of 59,000HP but this time the General Alien Boss on Maan had 290,000 HP and his Super Battledroids had Super Shields that you could never penetrate or if you did you started out battling only 6 droids and the Alien General then you had to fight another......spawned 6.....then another.......and another.....and another.....GET THE PICTURE!

Developers and Support Team, WHEN YOU ARE DOING MAINTANCE Dry Run your Flashpoints so that Solo Player Characters DO NOT ENDLESSY have NO WIN FLASHPOINTS. Then I do not have to get angry.

Edited by Eric_Skynwalker

DISCLAIMER that it is supposed to be for 6-12 Group Players and their companions

Sorry this line does not compute. There is no content that I am aware of in this game that requires those numbers. You have:

• heroics which are for 1 to 4 players and IF there fewer than four players you can fill in with companions (one companion per player character)
  • Solo Mode FPs which are designed for one player character, one companion, and the GSI "godbot"
  • FPs intended for four players and zero companions, but like heroics you can fill in missing players with companions (again one companion per player character).
  • Operations are intended for 8 OR 16 players and NO companions (companions do not work in Ops) of which there are none on Ilum save the Gree Event bosses, but the Gree event is not active at the moment.
  • There is the open world PvP area on Ilum (I honestly did not know it still existed), that could be the 6 - 12 plus comps but I doubt it. That area is LONG dead and unnecessary to completing the quest chain.

Edited by psandak

:rak_02::rak_03: Right now I am furious with the Flashpoint of Ilum that is supposed to be for Solo Players to tank up on but in reality it has a DISCLAIMER that it is supposed to be for 6-12 Group Players and their companions....the main example I found out today after failing to complete Ilum 3 BLOODY times in a row was that The Admiral of the Republic gets to spawn his 6 troopers and 6 commandoes as many times IN A ROW as he needs to defeat anyone and everyone that he encounters in his little square box FORCDFIELD CHAMBER. WHAT IS WORSE is when the Forcefield is turned off you can expect that STEALTH NPCS of the 6/6 numbers you can fight in the upwards of 226 or more as a Solo Player and your Companion as well as your BattleDroid!!!!! When I had a total of around HP56,890 points with my Sorcerer Sith PC and I thought I was facing an Admiral and his forces of about perhaps 35,890......BLAMOOOO!!!!!! Ohhhh NOOOOOOOOOOO come to find out I was battling a Republic Admiral having 390,890HP!!!!!!!!

Developers and Support Team, WHEN YOU ARE DOING MAINTANCE Dry Run your Flashpoints so that Solo Player Characters DO NOT ENDLESSY have NO WIN FLASHPOINTS. Then I do not have to get angry.

There is no Admiral of the Republic in either the Battle of Ilum flashpoint or the False Emperor flashpoint. And, like psandak said, there is no content in the game that requires or is designed for 6 players AND their companions. So, I do not think you were sober when you posted this message or played what you think you played.

There is no Admiral of the Republic in either the Battle of Ilum flashpoint or the False Emperor flashpoint. And, like psandak said, there is no content in the game that requires or is designed for 6 players AND their companions. So, I do not think you were sober when you posted this message or played what you think you played.

pretty much sums up what i was going to write.

:rak_02::rak_03: Right now I am furious with the Flashpoint of Ilum that is supposed to be for Solo Players to tank up on but in reality it has a DISCLAIMER that it is supposed to be for 6-12 Group Players and their companions....the main example I found out today after failing to complete Ilum 3 BLOODY times in a row was that The Admiral of the Republic gets to spawn his 6 troopers and 6 commandoes as many times IN A ROW as he needs to defeat anyone and everyone that he encounters in his little square box FORCDFIELD CHAMBER. WHAT IS WORSE is when the Forcefield is turned off you can expect that STEALTH NPCS of the 6/6 numbers you can fight in the upwards of 226 or more as a Solo Player and your Companion as well as your BattleDroid!!!!! When I had a total of around HP56,890 points with my Sorcerer Sith PC and I thought I was facing an Admiral and his forces of about perhaps 35,890......BLAMOOOO!!!!!! Ohhhh NOOOOOOOOOOO come to find out I was battling a Republic Admiral having 390,890HP!!!!!!!!

No group content in this game requires 6-12 players, it is 4 for an FP, 8 and 16 for Ops, and up to 24 for an Open World Ops group. Not sure where you encountered that boss, but there is no boss by that name in any Ilum Flashpoint. I'm not sure what you encountered, but Battle of Ilum it was not. And that content has worked fine, this is the first I've heard of any sort of issue with it, unlike a couple of the others.

Pure win

I think I know what he's talking about but it's not a flashpoint. I think he must mean one of the quests in the Ilum quest line. You secure the crystals and then fight a republic admiral who retreats into a forcefield and then you have to use a terminal to deactivate the forcefield and then kill a repair droid and the adds that spawn and repeat another three times. I think he's not spotting the repair droids so the terminals are constantly resetting. It's a single player quest but having just been through Ilum that's the only thing I can think of that even vaguely fits.

worst troll ever

nothing in the game requires 6-12 players

1-4 for heroics and flashpoints

8-16 for operations

and everything else he says errr no battle of ilum has no republic admiral as your not even fighting the republic in that flashpoint

I think I know what he's talking about but it's not a flashpoint. I think he must mean one of the quests in the Ilum quest line. You secure the crystals and then fight a republic admiral who retreats into a forcefield and then you have to use a terminal to deactivate the forcefield and then kill a repair droid and the adds that spawn and repeat another three times. I think he's not spotting the repair droids so the terminals are constantly resetting. It's a single player quest but having just been through Ilum that's the only thing I can think of that even vaguely fits.

This.

Single player mission near the end of the Illum storyline. OP is not recognizing the required mechanics and the repair droids are resetting the field generators.

Sorry this line does not compute. There is no content that I am aware of in this game that requires those numbers. You have:

• heroics which are for 1 to 4 players and IF there fewer than four players you can fill in with companions (one companion per player character)
  • Solo Mode FPs which are designed for one player character, one companion, and the GSI "godbot"
  • FPs intended for four players and zero companions, but like heroics you can fill in missing players with companions (again one companion per player character).
  • Operations are intended for 8 OR 16 players and NO companions (companions do not work in Ops) of which there are none on Ilum save the Gree Event bosses, but the Gree event is not active at the moment.
  • There is the open world PvP area on Ilum (I honestly did not know it still existed), that could be the 6 - 12 plus comps but I doubt it. That area is LONG dead and unnecessary to completing the quest chain.

Oh REALLY, it seems to be important to completing the Quest Chain! I cannot get anymore info from Ashara Zavros on how to continue the Storyline for the Resurrected Revan, that disclaimer is still there when you first start the Flashpoint to enter the Group Phase you don't really need if you do not need groups. If the Deves really want Solo Player Characters not entering places like Maan and Illium then they should state on their disclaimers that they are only for GROUP PLAYERS. I also think that General Bosses and Admiral Bosses having 4-5 times your total HP Level of upwards an Level 80-90 when I only have a damn level of 56-59 is completely unfair.

pretty much sums up what i was going to write.

Xcurtx, you was not with me when I played Ilium and Maan; I know how I played things and what both outcomes were; I also know other Flashpoint PCers enter Ilium and Manaan with the same result I got. Either The Deves start making 2 proper Flashmodes.....ONE FOR THE SOLO PLAYERS and the other for the Group Players or they declare that the Flashpoints are not working properly. THIS TIME I want one of the Developers or Support Team Members to comment on my thread.

To start the solo mode abandon your GROUP VERSION of the flashpoint and talk to the quest giver again and pick up the solo mode

As for this general and Admiral boss i have no idea what your talking about

mention the name of the boss and maybe i will know what your talking about.

Funny about that! I disabled the 3 terminals, destroyed all the Damn Droids that could have repaired the 3 terminals but I still was DEFEATED BY THE ADMIRAL and his damn Stealth KillSQUADS of Stealth Commandoes and Snipers....so you brain boys and brain girls FIGURE IT OUT what happened in my Illium Quest that went so badly!

Oh yessss ILLIUM IS A FLASHPOINT IN THAT PARTICULAR QUEST.

Funny about that! I disabled the 3 terminals, destroyed all the Damn Droids that could have repaired the 3 terminals but I still was DEFEATED BY THE ADMIRAL and his damn Stealth KillSQUADS of Stealth Commandoes and Snipers....so you brain boys and brain girls FIGURE IT OUT what happened in my Illium Quest that went so badly!

Wow. This thread is...really something to read. It's not, I repeat, NOT, a Flashpoint from the description of the area. It is a quest. Not all of them are easy, and that is not a bad thing, challenge is good to have in a game. Nor does any content in the game require the small army you are insisting it needs, I promise. I get that you are clearly upset, and that is unfortunate, but the posters here seem to be trying to help you. If I am repeating advice others offered, please forgive me. It sounds like you maybe should consider one of the following things:

1. Are you sure there aren't four terminals?

2. Made sure to set your companion to heal/taken one in with a higher influence?

3. Possibly reset the quest? It may be bugged, that happens and is unfortunate. If that doesn't work, perhaps an ingame ticket would be a better plan then being so frustrated. When and if you put one in, try to calmly explain it is bugged with as much information as you can. A calm ticket usually gets a better response than someone who is, well, raging. You aren't making a lot of sense or giving us a lot to work with, because you're upset, people are having to puzzle out what you are talking about. That makes it harder to help you.

4. Ask a friend or Guildmate to help?

I don't bother with Ilum, the initial quest rots away in my character's logs and I could care less. I did it before way back when 50 was the cap, and I don't feel the slightest need to do it again. It's skippable. That's right, the whole planet is skippable. You do not have to do it. If you cannot continue, go around it, start Makeb, do something else. Why Makeb is a level 49+ world, right there. No game is worth this much frustration, try and relax, and if the quest is broken, you can continue around it. Doesn't make you a bad player, or mean you can't continue the storylines, or anything else. I don't actually think Ilum comes up much after you finish it, come to think of it. There are two Flashpoints there, but you can still do them both without completing the planet chain.

The Flashpoint of Maan was even worse, I had about a total of 59,000HP but this time the General Alien Boss on Maan had 290,000 HP and his Super Battledroids had Super Shields that you could never penetrate or if you did you started out battling only 6 droids and the Alien General then you had to fight another......spawned 6.....then another.......and another.....and another.....GET THE PICTURE!

Dude, i don't know what are you talking about...

I never seen alien general in this FP, that spawns 6 droids.

Seriously, there's no such boss.

Yeah. Final boss INDEED spawns THREE droids at random locations, but they can be easy killed by flame circles.

And the first boss INDEED have droids AND shields...

But they are DEFINATLY not invincible. First you smacking one droid untill he shield himself, then another. And THEN you start beating boss.

So what the hell are you talking about?

P.S. Personally, i think you are troll. Or noob. Or noob-troll. Whatever.

Dude, i don't know what are you talking about...

I never seen alien general in this FP, that spawns 6 droids.

Seriously, there's no such boss.

Yeah. Final boss INDEED spawns THREE droids at random locations, but they can be easy killed by flame circles.

And the first boss INDEED have droids AND shields...

But they are DEFINATLY not invincible. First you smacking one droid untill he shield himself, then another. And THEN you start beating boss.

So what the hell are you talking about?

P.S. Personally, i think you are troll. Or noob. Or noob-troll. Whatever.

My assumption is that you know this game too well. Far too well. So well, in fact, that you didn't have the thought that this might have been his or her very FIRST run with NO knowledge of ANY of the mechanics AT ALL !

You know this game so well that you even couldn't deduce from his or her weird use of language that there might be some FUNDEMENTAL LACK of knowledge oabout ANY of the mechnics in that FP. The word "alien general" should have given you a clue. I'm surprised that it didn't.

Someone who calls this enemy an "alien general" - with these words ! - might not have a clue about the mechanics at all.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

:rak_02::rak_03: Right now I am furious with the Flashpoint of Ilum, I am also upset much at the Flashpoint of Maan too. Which are supposed to be for Solo Players to tank up on but in reality it has a DISCLAIMER that it is supposed to be for 6-12 Group Players and their companions....the main example I found out today after failing to complete Ilum 3 BLOODY and Maan 4 times in a row was that The Admiral of the Republic gets to spawn his 6 troopers and 6 commandoes as many times IN A ROW as he needs to defeat anyone and everyone that he encounters in his little square box FORCDFIELD CHAMBER. WHAT IS WORSE is when the Forcefield is turned off you can expect that STEALTH NPCS of the 6/6 numbers you can fight in the upwards of 226 or more as a Solo Player and your Companion as well as your BattleDroid!!!!! When I had a total of around HP56,890 points with my Sorcerer Sith PC and I thought I was facing an Admiral and his forces of about perhaps 35,890......BLAMOOOO!!!!!! Ohhhh NOOOOOOOOOOO come to find out I was battling a Republic Admiral having 390,890HP!!!!!!!!

All I can say is man, you really have to look at your play style if you think these solo FPs are too difficult for solo content. Sorry if you cant button mash basic attack to beat it...

My assumption is that you know this game too well. Far too well. So well, in fact, that you didn't have the thought that this might have been his or her very FIRST run with NO knowledge of ANY of the mechanics AT ALL !

You know this game so well that you even couldn't deduce from his or her weird use of language that there might be some FUNDEMENTAL LACK of knowledge oabout ANY of the mechnics in that FP. The word "alien general" should have given you a clue. I'm surprised that it didn't.

Someone who calls this enemy an "alien general" - with these words ! - might not have a clue about the mechanics at all.

Even if he was playing someone else toon, for the first time playing the game EVER. If he has his comp out, those solo FPs are faceroll. Sounds to me like they just think they should faceroll through everything like story content, which sorry...but no...

:rak_02::rak_03:

I did the flashpoint of Maanan solo at level 58/59 on my warrior the other day.

First boss simple if you pay attention to the shields. Attack the one that doesn't have the shield. Rinse repeat until the shield is off the boss and then attack the boss. Simple.

Second boss, no shield but he has one attack you need to watch out for with the lightening/electric current. Move out of the way. I had no problem dealing with this.

Last boss. No droids. Pull him toward the fire, put companion on follow until you get the companion under the fire, then put the companion back on fight. Rinse, repeat until boss is dead.

It is very simple when you pay attention to the mechanics.

No, that's the prerequisite mission for the flashpoint.

Mission: A New Order

Objective: Kill Admiral Shai

Again, IT IS NOT A FLASHPOINT. Flashpoints are a specific term in TOR, now you can argue that its an instanced mission that is overtuned, but that would make it an overly hard non-flashpoint mission.

:rak_02::rak_03:

Manaan FP you not suppouse to hit shielded droids, shields are unpentradable. When you charge boss, droids shield him, down droids untill they both get shielded and let shielded one alone, then kill boss. Second boss, avoid cast named FLOW. Last boss, take him under fire, adds as well. There is time limit, dont know what it in solo mode, but should be 5min. On add packs, kill medic or repaire droid first. Its not that bad. Solo mode remember call support droid, sometimes it will not show up and you have to call it. If support droid is with you its impossible (well at least wery hard to die). And you have to pick up SOLO mode from questgiver. If acsepted normal/hardmode, then just abondon Flashpoint and reset phase if you ended up inside instance and talk again with questgiver.