Let us kill Lana Beniko

jediknightmiles

He comes back to you. Lana wouldn't. When I left Theron to die, Lana abandoned me. I have yet to see her come back.

You must be, because I got him back during Chapter 9, the same as when I got Doc back on my JK. I don't know what you're playing, but it's clearly not SWToR.

You did not get Doc and Quinn officially back during Chapter 9, although Theron shows up then. I think you're confusing Doc and Quinn's respective returns in the story with collecting companions from the terminal. Doc is back back in the story during Ossus and Quinn is back in the story in Iokath, both of which follow KOTET and KOTFE. I can only assume you didn't want to wait that long and collected them both from the terminal early, which you can do with any of the companions. That's fine and a legitimate thing to do, and you may have head canoned them as being there all along, but they weren't from the game's perspective. It was just a device to allow people to play with their favorite companions while they waited for the story to get around to bringing them back.

Moreover, Lana does not abandon you when you leave Theron to die. She's back in Odessen afterwards and she's on Ossus as well. It may be that in the future there will be consequences with Lana for killing Theron, but they haven't happened yet. Otherwise we wouldn't have all those people complaining about the sunset walk with Lana at the beginning of Ossus. If your Lana is missing it's a bug and you should report it.

Edited by sauceemynx

At least Quinn is loyal, proven when he comes back to support you during KOTFE. Lana would cut your throat in a second if she thought it would benefit her or the greater good. She's exactly like Scourge, untrustworthy.

I'd rather give Khem Val full control of the Desolator, Planet Prison, Shock Drum and Power Guards then give Lana any authority over the Alliance.

I wouldn't say that appearing on the Odessen terminal in KOTFE Chapter 9, along with every other companion, is being particularly loyal. Although in Quinn's case, it's probably an improvement.

You did not get Doc and Quinn officially back during Chapter 9, although Theron shows up then. I think you're confusing Doc and Quinn's respective returns in the story with collecting companions from the terminal. Doc is back back in the story during Ossus and Quinn is back in the story in Iokath, both of which follow KOTET and KOTFE. I can only assume you didn't want to wait that long and collected them both from the terminal early, which you can do with any of the companions. That's fine and a legitimate thing to do, and you may have head canoned them as being there all along, but they weren't from the game's perspective. It was just a device to allow people to play with their favorite companions while they waited for the story to get around to bringing them back.

Moreover, Lana does not abandon you when you leave Theron to die. She's back in Odessen afterwards and she's on Ossus as well. It may be that in the future there will be consequences with Lana for killing Theron, but they haven't happened yet. Otherwise we wouldn't have all those people complaining about the sunset walk with Lana at the beginning of Ossus. If your Lana is missing it's a bug and you should report it.

That's how it occurred for me as well. Lana will never abandon the player. She's far too loyal and devoted. She pretty much worships the ground the player walks on. She was unhappy when you made the decision to leave him, although I have no idea why, he totally deserved it, but, Lana being Lana, she was unhappy, she didn't say anything or attempt to oppose the player's decision tho, but they made it clear she was uncomfortable with it.

No worries at all, I should have taken into account your were responding to thread as a whole and not just me either so my bad there also. :) :) :)

I understand completely where you're coming from and agree. Us having such a strong connection to our companions shows what a fantastic job they did with them and it shows when people discuss them with such passion. It's a terrible feeling to know that when they kill a character they often are removed from the story, I know a lot of people including myself that have had their fav companions we know that will most likely never return and it's not a nice feeling knowing that and I'd never wish for someone else's favorite companion to have that happen to them, have them taken away permanently.

I to am of the opinion if given the opinion people can do what they like, kill whomever they like in the game/in the games story when it allows the choice it's why I love RPG's (I'm alt crazy myself and have replayed ME and the vanilla SWTOR stories countless times). However since they've made killable companions which are often removed from the story completely they've opened a terrible can of worms for RPG players who want to play there DS character like they want and kill x character for x reason but then also not take away those killed companions for their other LS character who chose not to kill x in their story. It's a no-win situation for anyone at this point which is a real downer story wise. :(

I hope this may eleviate some of your concerns, but they have stated that just because some players may choose to the kill option that doesn't mean that the companion in question will no longer be apart of the story for players who choose to forgive or not employ the kill option.

In Therons case, we know for certain he isn't dead and he will be back in the story. Obviously he will be back pubside now that the story line is going back to Imps vs. Pubs. At first that pissed me off when I found out he wasn't dead, but to be honest, I highly suspected something wasn't kosher when the kill option didn't actually show that he was dead. I figured it would be something like that. In retrospect tho, It may definitely add greater drama to the story, and chances are there will be some form of communication between Theron and the players that tried to off him before they actually meet face to face again, add drama to the story and making the face to face meeting that much more poignant a moment.

I'll spare you the details of what I'll do to him than but needless to say It won't be a warm homecoming heh.

Should you have not made the choice that I did, I hope Theron will be as present and as much a part of your story line as you would hope for.

We've also seen some other companions leave us because they were unwilling to oppose their home faction in the coming War, which makes total sense, and I personally had no problem with that at all. Given that I'm a Empire Loyalist the ones that left were all pubs anyways, so no lose there, and I'm not willing to kill pubs who might still be lingering in the last moments of the Alliance. I will see them safely back to Republic space, as they fought to Eternal Empire as well as honorable soldiers, even enemy soldiers share an understanding. Should I encounter them after they had been returned home safely at some point in the War with the Empire and the Republic in the future, than we shall meet as enemies on the field of battle.

So don't lose hope, as long as they didn't change their minds on that, comps with kill options won't be absent from those player's stories that spared them.

We should all get our fair piece of the pie.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

I hope this may eleviate some of your concerns, but they have stated that just because some players may choose to the kill option that doesn't mean that the companion in question will no longer be apart of the story for players who choose to forgive or not employ the kill option.

In Therons case, we know for certain he isn't dead and he will be back in the story. Obviously he will be back pubside now that the story line is going back to Imps vs. Pubs. At first that pissed me off when I found out he wasn't dead, but to be honest, I highly suspected something wasn't kosher when the kill option didn't actually show that he was dead. I figured it would be something like that. In retrospect tho, It may definitely add greater drama to the story, and chances are there will be some form of communication between Theron and the players that tried to off him before they actually meet face to face again, add drama to the story and making the face to face meeting that much more poignant a moment.

I'll spare you the details of what I'll do to him than but needless to say It won't be a warm homecoming heh.

Should you have not made the choice that I did, I hope Theron will be as present and as much a part of your story line as you would hope for.

We've also seen some other companions leave us because they were unwilling to oppose their home faction in the coming War, which makes total sense, and I personally had no problem with that at all. Given that I'm a Empire Loyalist the ones that left were all pubs anyways, so no lose there, and I'm not willing to kill pubs who might still be lingering in the last moments of the Alliance. I will see them safely back to Republic space, as they fought to Eternal Empire as well as honorable soldiers, even enemy soldiers share an understanding. Should I encounter them after they had been returned home safely at some point in the War with the Empire and the Republic in the future, than we shall meet as enemies on the field of battle.

So don't lose hope, as long as they didn't change their minds on that, comps with kill options won't be absent from those player's stories that spared them.

We should all get our fair piece of the pie.

Hey bud ! I've been trying since last evening the best way to respond to the killing Theron thing you mentioned .. I think we both agree that Lana has without question been the most faithful / loyal companion we've encountered. In fact come to think of it .. the one point in the whole episode I might have written differently in the entire saga .. was what I personally call a defining moment!

Remember on the train right at the end just before the explosion... Theron takes a shot at the Outlander. Lana dives in front of you and takes the hit !

OK...

IN MY OPINION !!

I would have used that as a defining moment that would have made better sense. There could have also been a couple more little tell / tell items that suggested Theron was up to something ... and to beware.

BUT.. more than that. Remember that Theron is a "crack shot". And how is he ever ! At that defining moment Theron could have easily made that sort of a choice... made it look really good. Lana and the Outland BOTH now know something is up. Both come to the conclusion that Theron has gone out of his way to sell this as a real betrayal ... even in the broad cast made later there is still room to keep those listening in believing that Theron has infact commited the ultimate act of treason.

Final thoughts.. ONLY the Outlander knew for certain wheather or not this was in fact an act of treason / betrayal. What Theron did was wrong... no question. So now it's up to the Outlander to make that choice.

Yeah .. I agree this was a tough call. And to a degree (depending upon how you look at such scripts ) .. well done. Or maybe not .

IMO: the final decision on how well written or NOT .. is a matter of personal opinion. Personally... I would have left a few bread crumbs that even the droid couldn't find ! (using the voice of HK-55).. Justification of bread crumbs: If Koth could pull off a stunt or two then anything is possible.

My problem with the killing option is that they win up removing or bricking them in everyone else's story. Like Koth, he fits well with my smuggler but I understand not so well with sith (especially dark ones ) but while it is fine for those to kill him my smuggler doesn't get to interact with him and that's where the problem starts. BW didn't consider those of us that don't want kill options when they wrote the story, they just wrote them out of the story for everyone and this is where the problem starts.

As far as Lana, my jedi and her have argued since day one. I would love the opportunity to tell her that it is time for her to go but not if it is going to hurt someone else's story. I really wish that BW would actually learn how to write. I do forum roleplays and I sure can write different scenarios for those that don't want someone dead but I guess it was too much work for them to do so.

My problem with the killing option is that they win up removing or bricking them in everyone else's story. Like Koth, he fits well with my smuggler but I understand not so well with sith (especially dark ones ) but while it is fine for those to kill him my smuggler doesn't get to interact with him and that's where the problem starts. BW didn't consider those of us that don't want kill options when they wrote the story, they just wrote them out of the story for everyone and this is where the problem starts.

As far as Lana, my jedi and her have argued since day one. I would love the opportunity to tell her that it is time for her to go but not if it is going to hurt someone else's story. I really wish that BW would actually learn how to write. I do forum roleplays and I sure can write different scenarios for those that don't want someone dead but I guess it was too much work for them to do so.

I can see you point.. It should be written in such a way to leave the door open for "an out" so to speak ?

Right ?

EDIT... and doing so without killing everything in sight ! (sorry.. that is an important part of the option)

Edited by OlBuzzard

I can see you point.. It should be written in such a way to leave the door open for "an out" so to speak ?

Right ?

Yea but it seems they don't know how to do that.

I don't take kill options that much except once with my agent with Kayilo as they never got along from day one and disobeying her orders was the last straw .

Edited by casirabit

Yea but it seems they don't know how to do that.

I don't take kill options that much except once with my agent with Kayilo as they never got along from day one and disobeying her orders was the last straw .

I didn't kill Kayilo off ... ( light side thing).. BUT I did restrain her every move and chewed her royally when given the chance !!

This IMO is one that I could do without !

Edited by OlBuzzard

The problem is, working from your example, that Koth can do things that alienate more than just the player. Have a read of the mails you get from his crew if he's not impressed with the Outlander during the Battle of Odessan. People that he brings to the alliance aren't happy with him either. I don't recall what happens when he is happy, it's a been a couple of years, it seems like, but I just went through this when he isn't the other day.

However, he is one of many companions that are "written out", and it has nothing to do with "but he can be killed". What is it that he's going to bring to the table if, for example, he replaces Lana, or Theron? The reason these two figure so prominently is that we have had dealings with them since the Revan campaign, for better or worse. What perspective does Koth have for Republic concerns, Empire concerns? His focus is Zakuul, to the point where, even faced with lots of people telling him that Valkorian is a bad, bad man, he still thinks he's not. He doesn't care that Valkorian is the same man that wiped out Ziost because "but Zakuul". So where do they take a story that has him replacing Theron or Lana? Are we going to transform into The Sims: Rebuild Zakuul?

Caring about the helpless doesn't mean he's qualified to lead a military, or para-military organization. He is, after all, a deserter from the very Empire he's vehemently against suffering any negative consequences. This despite the fact that, once Arcann is removed from power, he still wants you to kill him, even if that means killing Senya, and his beef with her isn't being Arcann's mom, it's that she did her duty while he was a criminal in the eyes of Zakuul. He didn't know about her family issues when he first finds out that she's part of the team, and objects then. So he's not exactly leadership material.

I would love for my companions to figure more prominently into the main campaigns. The problem is, how many games do they have to write? Is Jaesa dark or light? Did we kill Quinn when we got the chance? Who's romanced? Who's not? All of these choices aren't things that can be done just like a RP in game. They have to be written, and while we can take the scripts, the only way to get out of paying VAs is to do what was done with the main contacts initially, the KotoR system of dialog, and that went over really well, didn't it?

For me, if I were writing this, we wouldn't have access to all of these comps. For one thing, we don't really need them, and for another, the way the Alliance was handled in SoR was infinitely superior to this. It would take some crew finding, but we wouldn't have to have a ton of comps that have no real roles in the story. While a bit cheesey, some crews, like the Trooper, or any of the Jedi might have stayed together, and hearing about what's going on in Zakuul, might assume it's you, and go to Odessan to find out, with the caveat that even if it wasn't you, they might still be invested in joining the Alliance. It may be harder to justify for some, like the Agent, but it wouldn't be impossible to figure out.

I could write myself out of this dilemma by taking the highest influenced comps stayed on the Outlander's ship, while the others drifted off to be found as they are now, or in some other fashion, as appropriate. It's not like Doc's a Jedi, for example, and yet that's where we find him. Logical, all things considered, but that means we can do some creative thinking to pull comps into areas where we might not expect to find them.

Well see that's just it, I can't say I think people using the kill option in that case was wrong, I don't think that, but at the same time, I do agree, they need to stop writing companion doing things that will make some of player base feel justifed in killing them.

I did kill him, and I don't think I was wrong in doing so, as a Darkside Sithlord, that's pretty much a shoe-in, but at the same time, that doesn't mean I think it's okay for them to keep doing things like that. Stop making them betray the player.

I understand your concerns, I don't want anyone to lose any companion they favor. I support the choice to forgive them.

Now like, take someone like Quinn or Theron.. I not only didn't feel bad about it, I loved it. Now if someone says I'm wrong for killing them [or trying to in Therons case] , I don't really think that's fair. But, if you come to me and say "Yeah, I know he screwed up, it's just that I really like him as a companion, and it really hurts my enjoyment of the game without him".

I don't need to hear one more word. That's perfectly fine with me than that you want him still around and in the story and I want that for you, I have no reason not to want that. I've said it quite a few times, I want as many people happy in the game as possible, that's good for all of us.

They have said, however, that killing companions will not mean they are no longer in the story line. They can still be present in the stories of those that didn't opt to kill them in an undiminished capacity, so I'm not exactly sure why you still feel that way.

My deli ma is, how can I as someone who wants to role-play story [i've been a table top RPGer all my life. AD&D, Pathfinder, Vampire the Masquerade, WeG Star Wars RPG, Hero System, Gurps, DC Heros, I even LARPed [Live action Role Play]. I don't RP online like in the manner in this game. My point being, I am very sympathetic to the role play aspect. My manner on the forums probably doesn't make that seem likely, but it is true.

I can't justify in my mind, role-playing my character is without question a very sterotypical Dark Lord of the Sith like Vader. There is no way Quinn and Theron could be forgiven if I am to be true to playing the character correctly.

Some people will use the term edgelord for that, I can't imagine why because I'm not doing it for effect, I think it's the genuine reaction that my character would have to that situation.

Should I be forced to forgive someone that I can justify forgiving in my own personal storyline? I'd never ask anyone else to not be true to their character in their own storyline.

I waited over 3 years to get Jaesa back. She had a kill option within 45 seconds of her return, over something I don't see as an offense. She's a Sithlord, she's allowed to kill whoever she wants besides other Sith under Imperial law. Sith are completely immune to all law. They can steal, rape, murder, kidnap, you name it, they are above the law. - Just like the Samurai in fuedal Japan.

Not only that, I'm the one who trained her. I'm the one that taught her what her rights as a Sith Lord are. I don't fault her for it. Naturally I spared her. [i hate the alliance anyways heh].

Now if you as someone who is into the Alliance [i think you are at least, if memory serves your quite Pro-Alliance, please correct me if I'm wrong here], I can totally see why you might feel it justified to kill her or imprison her as those Alliance troops are more meaningful to you and your character might not be Sith or care about Imperial law.

I wouldn't hold that against you at all.

Another aspect to consider is in the manner in which individuals might choose to 'rule' in their respective Alliance. You might take a more democratic view, or uphold Republic law, or have your own brand altogether.

As for my character, he never stopped being an Imperial, A Dark Lord of the Sith, or an Imperial citizen. He is simply away fight a war on a foreign battle field as a partisan movement to free the Empire from Eternal Empire dominion. He runs his Alliance as an Imperial and a Sith.

If we are to take the view that everyone is the 'Commander' equally in their own story lines, which I'm sure most people would agree, than it should be their right to run it, rule it, and make decisions that are in accordance with that player's view of their characters and their 'world views'.

I've never once asked BW to put a kill option in for anyone. They gave that option to me all on their own.

I killed Koth, I killed Quinn, I killed some pub companion from Havoc squad who's name I have no idea at the moment, some Darkside companion I think belonging to Assassin class, Senya and attempted Theron.

I hated killing Senya. That's not like me, but I hated it. She was the only Zakuulian who I would have liked to have spared. I definately wouldn't have killed her if there was a way around it without having to let Arcaan escape. That would have been wrong as the leader of the Alliance to let the leader of the enemy escape. I don't know if it was because she was a mother and I understood her reasoning or the way she sung, or both. I hated it.

I can't say I felt that way for any of the others. I get the part where Koth was still loyal to Zakuul, okay, I can see that. I'm still loyal to the Empire. No problems there. But the ship, the ship was far too important to the cause and that placed every member of the Alliance in danger potentially with it's absence. I'd call that akin to a 'national security risk'. How would it look if the Commander in Chief of the Alliances forces didn't punish someone who placed the war effort in grave jeopardy knowingly so? That's not a leader anyone can trust to put the good of the many before the one.

I don't want anyone to lose the companions they love, I don't care what the reasons are for it, if it's important to them, than I want them to have their companions of choice.

Respectfully, I do think it's wrong to blame a player for any choices they make in their own story line play thru. Jaesa and Lana are my two 'important ones'. If I lost both of them forever, I still wouldn't want anyone else to have to lose theirs, whichever companions their favorites might be.

Well see that's just it, I can't say I think people using the kill option in that case was wrong, I don't think that, but at the same time, I do agree, they need to stop writing companion doing things that will make some of player base feel justifed in killing them.

I did kill him, and I don't think I was wrong in doing so, as a Darkside Sithlord, that's pretty much a shoe-in, but at the same time, that doesn't mean I think it's okay for them to keep doing things like that. Stop making them betray the player.

I understand your concerns, I don't want anyone to lose any companion they favor. I support the choice to forgive them.

Now like, take someone like Quinn or Theron.. I not only didn't feel bad about it, I loved it. Now if someone says I'm wrong for killing them [or trying to in Therons case] , I don't really think that's fair. But, if you come to me and say "Yeah, I know he screwed up, it's just that I really like him as a companion, and it really hurts my enjoyment of the game without him".

I don't need to hear one more word. That's perfectly fine with me than that you want him still around and in the story and I want that for you, I have no reason not to want that. I've said it quite a few times, I want as many people happy in the game as possible, that's good for all of us.

They have said, however, that killing companions will not mean they are no longer in the story line. They can still be present in the stories of those that didn't opt to kill them in an undiminished capacity, so I'm not exactly sure why you still feel that way.

My deli ma is, how can I as someone who wants to role-play story [i've been a table top RPGer all my life. AD&D, Pathfinder, Vampire the Masquerade, WeG Star Wars RPG, Hero System, Gurps, DC Heros, I even LARPed [Live action Role Play]. I don't RP online like in the manner in this game. My point being, I am very sympathetic to the role play aspect. My manner on the forums probably doesn't make that seem likely, but it is true.

I can't justify in my mind, role-playing my character is without question a very sterotypical Dark Lord of the Sith like Vader. There is no way Quinn and Theron could be forgiven if I am to be true to playing the character correctly.

Some people will use the term edgelord for that, I can't imagine why because I'm not doing it for effect, I think it's the genuine reaction that my character would have to that situation.

Should I be forced to forgive someone that I can justify forgiving in my own personal storyline? I'd never ask anyone else to not be true to their character in their own storyline.

I waited over 3 years to get Jaesa back. She had a kill option within 45 seconds of her return, over something I don't see as an offense. She's a Sithlord, she's allowed to kill whoever she wants besides other Sith under Imperial law. Sith are completely immune to all law. They can steal, rape, murder, kidnap, you name it, they are above the law. - Just like the Samurai in fuedal Japan.

Not only that, I'm the one who trained her. I'm the one that taught her what her rights as a Sith Lord are. I don't fault her for it. Naturally I spared her. [i hate the alliance anyways heh].

Now if you as someone who is into the Alliance [i think you are at least, if memory serves your quite Pro-Alliance, please correct me if I'm wrong here], I can totally see why you might feel it justified to kill her or imprison her as those Alliance troops are more meaningful to you and your character might not be Sith or care about Imperial law.

I wouldn't hold that against you at all.

Another aspect to consider is in the manner in which individuals might choose to 'rule' in their respective Alliance. You might take a more democratic view, or uphold Republic law, or have your own brand altogether.

As for my character, he never stopped being an Imperial, A Dark Lord of the Sith, or an Imperial citizen. He is simply away fight a war on a foreign battle field as a partisan movement to free the Empire from Eternal Empire dominion. He runs his Alliance as an Imperial and a Sith.

If we are to take the view that everyone is the 'Commander' equally in their own story lines, which I'm sure most people would agree, than it should be their right to run it, rule it, and make decisions that are in accordance with that player's view of their characters and their 'world views'.

I've never once asked BW to put a kill option in for anyone. They gave that option to me all on their own.

I killed Koth, I killed Quinn, I killed some pub companion from Havoc squad who's name I have no idea at the moment, some Darkside companion I think belonging to Assassin class, Senya and attempted Theron.

I hated killing Senya. That's not like me, but I hated it. She was the only Zakuulian who I would have liked to have spared. I definately wouldn't have killed her if there was a way around it without having to let Arcaan escape. That would have been wrong as the leader of the Alliance to let the leader of the enemy escape. I don't know if it was because she was a mother and I understood her reasoning or the way she sung, or both. I hated it.

I can't say I felt that way for any of the others. I get the part where Koth was still loyal to Zakuul, okay, I can see that. I'm still loyal to the Empire. No problems there. But the ship, the ship was far too important to the cause and that placed every member of the Alliance in danger potentially with it's absence. I'd call that akin to a 'national security risk'. How would it look if the Commander in Chief of the Alliances forces didn't punish someone who placed the war effort in grave jeopardy knowingly so? That's not a leader anyone can trust to put the good of the many before the one.

I don't want anyone to lose the companions they love, I don't care what the reasons are for it, if it's important to them, than I want them to have their companions of choice.

Respectfully, I do think it's wrong to blame a player for any choices they make in their own story line play thru. Jaesa and Lana are my two 'important ones'. If I lost both of them forever, I still wouldn't want anyone else to have to lose theirs, whichever companions their favorites might be.

While they have said that, their actions don't. When they allowed Koth to be killed, he hasn't been in any part of the story and even the worse part is when the gravestone was destoryed, no reaction out of him. They (BW) didn't think it was important enough to write a reaction from him. No, I don't blame a player for their choices I blame BW for not knowing how to write the stories for those that didn't kill our companions. It is their fault not a player. I killed Kailyo on my agent.

As far as Koth and my smuggler (she's lightsided) he never took the Gravestone so my smuggler didn't need to deal with that because my smuggler did light side choices. She's nice that way lol.

And to answer your question Yes I am pro-alliance (though I do have some empire and one very dark lady sorceress)lol and I wouldn't expect a dark lord to forgive anyone so no I don't hold anything against you (except choosing the wrong side) (lol) . I put it all on BW.

Edited by casirabit

Said it before, will say it again, I do not want to kill her I want to banish her. I don't need blood, I just want her out of my characters lives.

White I might somewhat dissagree.. I certainly can appreciate the fact that all you are asking for is a new companion or perhaps a different chapter in the book so to speak.

Now THAT ... I can appreciate !

(BTW... I'm working on a suggestion for a new companion and class thing ... different thread.. so I'll just leave it at that here ... for now. )

Edited by OlBuzzard

• 1 year later...
Said it before, will say it again, I do not want to kill her I want to banish her. I don't need blood, I just want her out of my characters lives.

Same. She's a terrible companion to anyone who is NOT romancing her; clingy, codependent, overly attached to you... it gets very uncomfortable and annoying after a while. Like what's wrong with this woman? Not only that, but she's also utterly incompetent. Every single person she recruited for the Alliance ended up being a traitor. Nice job, Lana.

I wouldn't mind if the kill option was there to be honest. From certain point of view she does deserve it.

Edited by ruffolofi

Also, it doesn't make much sense. Lana Beniko is the only companion who has been through everything with you. Never betrayed you and always obeyed your every command. She is literally the most loyal friend you have. She even allies herself with the Republic for you. This is why I never understand why someone would want to kill her. I mean I understand you might not like her personality or her character...but after everything she has done for you, including saving your life multiple times, you'd think people would be somewhat grateful.;)

You have to remember, most people probably have that one Bat **** crazy sith who just kills everyone, and everything, just like the old dictators of old......The more trusted they are, the more paranoid the sith gets...... or maybe that's just my char...lol

They got lazy with Koth. He is no where to bee seen during the final Nathama Conspiracy mission when he should be the one most concerned with what the threat turns out to be. When he does finally show up after Jedi Under Siege he makes no mention of it. That's absurd. He should be very upset.

Other than Vette who claims she waited until she married the Sith Warrior, Koth may actually be only companion with morals, as he does not jump into bed with you but the last time (so far) you see him alone he just invites you to lunch. Or maybe he still has a thing for Lana.

Because the writer's say she is my character's friend. My character is not allowed to choose her own friends. She saved my character multiple times because the writer's have no one else to do it because everyone else is killable; it's Lana by necessity.

The Outlander is about to die, lets have Theron rescue them and - we can't because he could be dead.

Right then, we'll use Kaliyo, give Firebrand something to do that isn't just blowing things up - Uh, no, she could be dead.

OK, well what about - Sir, almost everyone but Lana could be dead.

We haven't used Koth in a while, perhaps we can bring the player around to him if - probably dead.

Jorgan? Havoc Squad infiltrating the - can be dead.

Fine. Well, who is alive for everyone? Lana.

Lana saves the Outlander.

But look at what Lana has done for you, saved your life so many times!!!

It's easy to write code: If Companion Alive Companion Does Rescue. Else Lana. Do the animation and dialogue. They did it before. In Jedi Knight if you don't have Kira as your Companion at the end she needs the rescuing. If you do then it's Rusk. In Fallen Empire it could be Koth or Lana who rescues you when you first encounter Arcann depending on previous actions and dialogue choices. In the Cantina scene who you choose to romance is the one you have alone time with.

They choose not to because Lana's middle name is Marysue.

Honestly, I got on board and liked the idea of Theron and Lana being the main friends/LIs/quest givers at some point in the stories. I'd imagine its extremely expensive to accommodate all LIs from all class stories and make them meaningful, so they had to make some choice sacrifices and converge everything including the LIs. That just meant that both of them would get more content and more scenes, which is nice. Now that Theron can be killed he is no longer as important and Lana is the only one left.

I like her, I don't romance her, but I like her. I just want them to stop killing major companions and instead expand on them. Bring Theron back and just make them interchangeable where it makes sense. I.e. if you romance Lana and/or Theron is dead, then she saves you. If you romance Theron, then it would make sense for him to help you out. That would just be work for 2 voice actors and will keep most people who focused on these two happy. Just please stop bringing in characters that we start to get attached to and then kill them for good or reduce their content to zero. I don't want 100 party members, I'd rather prefer 5 good ones as we had in class stories.

In Echo of Oblivion, the Jedi Knight who just got a fresh romance with Scourge didn't even get a special romanced wake up scene with Scourge because they didn't want to think for 2 sec and write a small dialogue about it to make a conclusion to their years of fighting Vitiate/Valkorion/Tenebrae, so it's Lana for all, who shouldn't even be there (aren't she supposed to be on Odessen?).

Lana is great, I like her voice, and I don't want to have a kill option for her just because everyone else has one (I felt like they give Theron a kill option just for shock value), but maybe put a little bit thought and variety in the future?

She's very annoying and commanding. Thank you.

Lana is annoying, but asking for peoples LIs to be killable is just cruel.

They've proven time and time again that killable LIs just don't get the same amount of attention. Theron gets a line here or there and thats it. Hell he went with us on the last mission, supposedly. Yet we never even saw him again after leaving odessen. I hope they have learned this lesson and stop gating LIs behind deaths or class story locks.

If it didn't mean killing her off for those who want to keep her I'd be all for it. I think the best option would be to reduce her screen time and let other characters have the spotlight.

That's the problem, I think she is the only one with no kill, or banish option, it's why she is the default for everything, as it saves them actors pay :)

That's the problem, I think she is the only one with no kill, or banish option, it's why she is the default for everything, as it saves them actors pay :)

Doesn't Lana's voice actress provide her voice for other characters in the game? They could bring back one of them for a story.