Is Missing Tier 2 (Redoubt | Defense, Alacrity) Fixed?

PugX

Does anybody know if the missing Tier 2 recipe has been fixed?

Per the Reverse Engineering Guide in the Crew Skills forum, the Tier 2 purple recipe that gives +Defense, +Alacrity as a result from RE a Redoubt item is missing. As such, there are only 14 purples instead of the expected 15.

1) There's nothing available above Tier 2 for RE. When you hover over a Tier 2 item with your RE tool, it does NOT say "Research Available" on the tooltip.

2) REing the Redoubt line only has 4 Tier 2 children. If you discover all four and hover over a Redoubt item with the RE tool, it does NOT say "Research Available" on the tooltip.

3) The success rate for finding a new pattern is quite a bit higher then it was. I was only testing with my level 10 character, but I was learning a new Tier 2 pattern every 2 to 4 attempts.

Here's a picture that displays what I'm talking about: http://i40.tinypic.com/x1amj9.gif

You'll note that the top left tooltip shows "Research Available" for the Critical Savant Sash...I don't currently have any Tier 2 children of that. That message is missing on the Redoubt Savant Sash (As you can see, I've got all four of the currently known children) and it's also missing on my Anti-Armor Savant Sash.

1) There's nothing available above Tier 2 for RE. When you hover over a Tier 2 item with your RE tool, it does NOT say "Research Available" on the tooltip.

2) REing the Redoubt line only has 4 Tier 2 children. If you discover all four and hover over a Redoubt item with the RE tool, it does NOT say "Research Available" on the tooltip.

3) The success rate for finding a new pattern is quite a bit higher then it was. I was only testing with my level 10 character, but I was learning a new Tier 2 pattern every 2 to 4 attempts.

Here's a picture that displays what I'm talking about: http://i40.tinypic.com/x1amj9.gif

You'll note that the top left tooltip shows "Research Available" for the Critical Savant Sash...I don't currently have any Tier 2 children of that. That message is missing on the Redoubt Savant Sash (As you can see, I've got all four of the currently known children) and it's also missing on my Anti-Armor Savant Sash.

I know about 1 and 3.

I was specifically asking about 2. Thanks for the reply!

I was hoping they'd include that missing recipe.

I know about 1 and 3.

I was specifically asking about 2. Thanks for the reply!

I was hoping they'd include that missing recipe.

Sorry...I copied and pasted that from another post of mine and figured the image might be a bit hard to understand unless I included part 1 and 3 just in case :)

Now if we could only convince them to get rid of exactitude, generals, and anti-armor too.

Trying to make a full suit of veracity lvl 49 stuff.

Got 4 different pieces to exactitude, 3 to generals, and 1 to anti-armor.

Zero to Veracity.

(ugh... especially since the last set of RE's resulted in learning exactitude for 2 of them.. YE... oh crap... YE.... Oh crap....)

Well now that the chances of a successful RE is higher, annnd you can no longer learn a scheme that you already know. When 1.2 hits you should be good to go when it comes to getting that veracity set quicker.

Except that with critted oranges, (and likely a fix to cybertechs getting/able to craft defensive modes, including tier 2 ones)

The veracity armor will probably be pointless then. Was hoping to get some sales out of it, (and use it to liquidate my mandalorian iron) pre 1.2, but that is looking less and less likely.

Ah well, I can always e-mail it to my cybertech to convert into spaceship parts and speeders to sell.

Except that with critted oranges, (and likely a fix to cybertechs getting/able to craft defensive modes, including tier 2 ones)

I doubt that fix to Cybertech is coming. I had a look at the Cybertech trainer on PTS and he still only carries the A-type mods only.

There has been nothing in the 1.2/1.2a patch notes about it either.

Edited by Rhaphael

I think the reason there is no defence/alacrity combinations for RE is because this combination is pretty much useless for any of the tank specs.

I know this is definitely the case for Jedi Guardians, the only ability that alacrity would affect for us is Master Strike, and that ability is so far down on our priority of abilities that we hardly use it.

I'm not 100% sure about the other two tank specs, but I'm fairly sure alacrity doesn't do much for them either.

The alacrity stat is more of a caster/healer stat, and a bad one at that, due its limited affect on a lot of spells.

I think the reason there is no defence/alacrity combinations for RE is because this combination is pretty much useless for any of the tank specs.

That has never been a valid enough reason for BW before. There are plenty of other combinations that no class/companions would ever use, yet they are still possible to get.

• 1 year later...